Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 42,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WinMob 6.1 For Athena? Any news?

Tip us?

ice_coffee
Old
(Last edited by ice_coffee; 22nd April 2008 at 04:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
[rant]
Im sorry but the search feature on this forum ( and most forums for that matter) is absolutly pants, it is made worse on this forum because of the nature of what happens here, for example you can't search for words with less than 4 characters but almost everything we use here has a 3 letter acronym, you try searching for "Hard SPL", the search feature will drop SPL because it is under 4 letters and search for hard or how about "sim manager" again sim is dropped, or "SPB weather" or how about anything specific to the manufacturer of the Phones that this site owes it's very existence too ..... HTC

The search function here is a pain in the ass

[/rant]

PS lord help you if you are looking for anything to do with the HTC ELF

fards
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 720

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_coffee View Post
[rant]
Im sorry but the search feature on this forum ( and most forums for that matter) is absolutly pants, it is made worse on this forum because of the nature of what happens here, for example you can't search for words with less than 4 characters but almost everything we use here has a 3 letter acronym, you try searching for "Hard SPL", the search feature will drop SPL because it is under 4 letters and search for hard or how about "sim manager" again sim is dropped, or "SPB weather" or how about anything specific to the manufacturer of the Phones that this site owes it's very existence too ..... HTC

The search function here is a pain in the ass

[/rant]

PS lord help you if you are looking for anything to do with the HTC ELF
is it ? Using google site search is very good.

hard spl gives Results 1 - 10 of about 8,890 from forum.xda-developers.com for "hard spl". (0.28 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

and "htc elf"

Results 1 - 10 of about 605 from forum.xda-developers.com for "htc elf". (0.11 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

whilst elf gives
Results 1 - 10 of about 47,500 from forum.xda-developers.com for elf. (0.22 seconds)

phamoui
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
thanks crazy cat.

I used to use the search functions as well (works good!) But sometime I prefer the forum thread to confirm if what I found is the best (and updated) option.

Thanks for the links..