Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HP iPAQ 21x upgrade

Tip us?

ld-runner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HP iPAQ 21x upgrade

can someone please point me to where i can get ROMs for the new iPAQ 211.
i would like to upgrade to 6.1 if possible. (HP isn't gonna do it....)
thanks

dxdy
Old
(Last edited by dxdy; 22nd April 2008 at 02:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1659

DONATE TO ME
hx2000???
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=383173
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

ld-runner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
no, like the 210, 211, 212, 213 or 214...

alan sh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
No such beast exists. You are stuck with 6.0 until someone hacks it. But what is wrong with the version you have?

Alan

Hikoki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
No such beast exists. You are stuck with 6.0 until someone hacks it. But what is wrong with the version you have?

Alan
Not exactly wrong. But the existing ROM is simply very BUGGY. It canŽt compare to the cooked one IŽd installed on my past Loox C550 device. ThereŽd be no end to whatever goes wrong with Wi-fi and Bluetooth, CF card support, power management , general instability of the system, various software incommatiblity issues etc. But so far we have to live with it.

dceggert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikoki View Post
Not exactly wrong. But the existing ROM is simply very BUGGY. It canŽt compare to the cooked one IŽd installed on my past Loox C550 device. ThereŽd be no end to whatever goes wrong with Wi-fi and Bluetooth, CF card support, power management , general instability of the system, various software incommatiblity issues etc. But so far we have to live with it.
Yup, my 211 is now on the shelf and waiting for an update. My hx4705 is now back in service with Kozura's WM6.1 v5 ROM. I have lost more data with the 211 than ALL the IPAQ's I have used over the years...combined. It is a sad day when the 'development ROM's - not to be used for daily operation' are more stable than the ROM in this new device!

So, I hear that the 21x series bootloader is difficult. Does anyone have details of what the roadblocks are?

bluegatar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
Yup, my 211 is now on the shelf and waiting for an update. My hx4705 is now back in service with Kozura's WM6.1 v5 ROM. I have lost more data with the 211 than ALL the IPAQ's I have used over the years...combined. It is a sad day when the 'development ROM's - not to be used for daily operation' are more stable than the ROM in this new device!

So, I hear that the 21x series bootloader is difficult. Does anyone have details of what the roadblocks are?
if you know how to enter the bootload mode of hp21x,I can make a rom for you

laggflor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegatar View Post
if you know how to enter the bootload mode of hp21x,I can make a rom for you
Hi,
a friend has an ipaq 214 and has difficulties with the original rom (CF-GPS, Wlan).

Therefore I'm also interested in a 6.1 ROM.
I'll call HP on monday to get support - maybe I should ask them how to get into the bootloader mode (if there is any)?
-
Florian Lagg florian.lagg.at

WODP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there anyone who could really make WM6.1 rom for 214?

That would really be something...

ZILLKA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i'm looking for english rom for hp 214. Can someone upload it?