FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

HP iPAQ 21x upgrade

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ld-runner, Member on 22nd April 2008, 02:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
can someone please point me to where i can get ROMs for the new iPAQ 211.
i would like to upgrade to 6.1 if possible. (HP isn't gonna do it....)
thanks
 
 
22nd April 2008, 02:42 PM |#2  
dxdy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,713
 
Donate to Me
More
hx2000???
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=383173
Last edited by dxdy; 22nd April 2008 at 02:54 PM.
22nd April 2008, 02:59 PM |#3  
ld-runner's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Canton
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
no, like the 210, 211, 212, 213 or 214...
22nd April 2008, 10:17 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Rochdale
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
No such beast exists. You are stuck with 6.0 until someone hacks it. But what is wrong with the version you have?

Alan
26th September 2008, 12:16 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan sh

No such beast exists. You are stuck with 6.0 until someone hacks it. But what is wrong with the version you have?

Alan

Not exactly wrong. But the existing ROM is simply very BUGGY. It canŽt compare to the cooked one IŽd installed on my past Loox C550 device. ThereŽd be no end to whatever goes wrong with Wi-fi and Bluetooth, CF card support, power management , general instability of the system, various software incommatiblity issues etc. But so far we have to live with it.
8th October 2008, 02:57 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikoki

Not exactly wrong. But the existing ROM is simply very BUGGY. It canŽt compare to the cooked one IŽd installed on my past Loox C550 device. ThereŽd be no end to whatever goes wrong with Wi-fi and Bluetooth, CF card support, power management , general instability of the system, various software incommatiblity issues etc. But so far we have to live with it.

Yup, my 211 is now on the shelf and waiting for an update. My hx4705 is now back in service with Kozura's WM6.1 v5 ROM. I have lost more data with the 211 than ALL the IPAQ's I have used over the years...combined. It is a sad day when the 'development ROM's - not to be used for daily operation' are more stable than the ROM in this new device!

So, I hear that the 21x series bootloader is difficult. Does anyone have details of what the roadblocks are?
9th October 2008, 06:27 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dceggert

Yup, my 211 is now on the shelf and waiting for an update. My hx4705 is now back in service with Kozura's WM6.1 v5 ROM. I have lost more data with the 211 than ALL the IPAQ's I have used over the years...combined. It is a sad day when the 'development ROM's - not to be used for daily operation' are more stable than the ROM in this new device!

So, I hear that the 21x series bootloader is difficult. Does anyone have details of what the roadblocks are?

if you know how to enter the bootload mode of hp21x,I can make a rom for you
18th October 2008, 10:39 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Lermoos
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegatar

if you know how to enter the bootload mode of hp21x,I can make a rom for you

Hi,
a friend has an ipaq 214 and has difficulties with the original rom (CF-GPS, Wlan).

Therefore I'm also interested in a 6.1 ROM.
I'll call HP on monday to get support - maybe I should ask them how to get into the bootloader mode (if there is any)?
27th October 2008, 09:33 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Is there anyone who could really make WM6.1 rom for 214?

That would really be something...
28th October 2008, 11:55 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i'm looking for english rom for hp 214. Can someone upload it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes