Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

OP CRCinAU

10th July 2008, 07:06 PM   |  #321  
Flag Allentown, PA
Thanks Meter: 0

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jws3

The attached picture provides some baseline battery information from my device. A correct 1% battery.dll algorithm should show my battery disconnected starting point as 98% charged based on a design fully charge voltage of 4.2v.

BTW, this is a short-term test to get a feeling for the capabiity of the battery. I plan to do a longer term discharge test.

I believe that all the battery charge status programs use battery.dll for their information. The only was to check the algorithm will be to get inside or find out by searching the basis for the calculations. That's my next step.

Back from the road trip. I let my device sit in standby (unconnected) for 47.5 hours and the indicated charge dropped from 95% to 67%. I also recharged the battery and used the device on the road (unconnected) for 31 hours and the indicated charge dropped from 95% to 31%. My normal telephone use is probably not excessive (made a few calls, checked email, etc.). I probably could have gone 36 hours before charging. One thing that I did note is that the battery charge decreased by about 3% whenever I made a call.

I collected % charge vs. voltage on both runs, and got a pretty good indication of what the algorithm in the battery.dll looks like (attached). What's interesting is the curve is an excellent fit to the data and it seems to indicate that the 95% might be an accurate indication of a fully charged battery.

BTW, a fully charged battery (100% indicated) connect to my computer shows 4.197v with a current of 106mA. This is pretty close to the design value of 4.2v. I think the immediate drop from 100% to 95% is just the charger being disconnected and the device load shifts to the battery, which causes a slight voltage drop.

The reason I went through this exercise was reading comments in this and other forums about the CRC ROM or the 1.54.30.10 radio causing a battery drain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Long-Term Battery Test Data.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	98392  
Last edited by jws3; 11th July 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Additional Data
10th July 2008, 08:22 PM   |  #322  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 15

2,325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyka

I have tried the "CRCs 10.4 Games" cab, and it just says It cannot be installed, I have tried installing it on the device, storage, re downloaded ect, what am i missing?

Thanks

Angus

You will need to download and install each of these ones individually the games cab file has never worked.
11th July 2008, 12:53 AM   |  #323  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27

1,119 posts
Donate to Me
More
Official Games package.
I've redone the CAB file for the default games and it's now up here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...74&postcount=3

It now installs to \Program Files to avoid the conflict with the 0 byte solitare.exe that I'm still trying to track down.

It installs and uninstalls ok and should work for any ROM or version of my ROMs...
12th July 2008, 02:58 AM   |  #324  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 2,686

5,600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCinAU

I've redone the CAB file for the default games and it's now up here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...74&postcount=3

It now installs to \Program Files to avoid the conflict with the 0 byte solitare.exe that I'm still trying to track down.

It installs and uninstalls ok and should work for any ROM or version of my ROMs...

Thank you so much! Works perfectly!

Angus
12th July 2008, 04:06 AM   |  #325  
Thanks Meter: 2

102 posts
Unhappy
Does any one seem to have a problem receiving files to ur phone from another phone. on this firmware . Im not able to receive files ..... sending works fine . its just receiving from one say a nokia or a se is where the problem is
12th July 2008, 04:09 AM   |  #326  
Flag Christchurch

2,325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesfer

Does any one seem to have a problem receiving files to ur phone from another phone. on this firmware . Im not able to receive files ..... sending works fine . its just receiving from one say a nokia or a se is where the problem is

You should learn by now if you want help you need to ask questions properly. How are you trying to receive files? Bluetooth? or MMS or email?? If BT you may want to try his 12.1 version
12th July 2008, 05:05 AM   |  #327  

102 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by zocster

You should learn by now if you want help you need to ask questions properly. How are you trying to receive files? Bluetooth? or MMS or email?? If BT you may want to try his 12.1 version

really sorry about that.. its via bt .. i dont see a link for 12.1 ?? where do i get it from
12th July 2008, 05:08 AM   |  #328  

102 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesfer

really sorry about that.. its via bt .. i dont see a link for 12.1 ?? where do i get it from

never mind i found it.. thanks ..

BTW great rom .. thank u again ..
12th July 2008, 07:25 AM   |  #329  

17 posts
help me plzzzzzzzzz.....
hello everyone, i just got a dopod 838pro n upgraded it 2 many wm6 n 6.1 roms including the official rom n the cooked roms of schap's
faria, pdaviet etc.the problem im facing is that aftr i load the rom n start using my phone it gets stuck aftr sometime
this happens with all the wm6 n 6.1 roms i used.i have to perform a soft reset n then again it gets stuck aftr some usage,i also tried
hard resetting but the same problem persists.i then downgraded my phone to the old wm5 rom n it seems to work fine, guys i really
like wm6.1 plz help me with this problem.phone details r

device : dopod 838pro
current rom: 1.23.707.4
rom date: 07-21-06
radio: 1.41.00.10
protocol: 32.74.7020.18H
hard spl 2.10
ipl 1.04
12th July 2008, 10:14 AM   |  #330  
Flag Christchurch

2,325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omairjaved

hello everyone, i just got a dopod 838pro n upgraded it 2 many wm6 n 6.1 roms including the official rom n the cooked roms of schap's
faria, pdaviet etc.the problem im facing is that aftr i load the rom n start using my phone it gets stuck aftr sometime
this happens with all the wm6 n 6.1 roms i used.i have to perform a soft reset n then again it gets stuck aftr some usage,i also tried

There are issues with big storage roms, I find CRC's real stable, so is pay's ... so go try his 12.1 version.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread