The attached picture provides some baseline battery information from my device. A correct 1% battery.dll algorithm should show my battery disconnected starting point as 98% charged based on a design fully charge voltage of 4.2v.
BTW, this is a short-term test to get a feeling for the capabiity of the battery. I plan to do a longer term discharge test.
I believe that all the battery charge status programs use battery.dll for their information. The only was to check the algorithm will be to get inside or find out by searching the basis for the calculations. That's my next step.
I collected % charge vs. voltage on both runs, and got a pretty good indication of what the algorithm in the battery.dll looks like (attached). What's interesting is the curve is an excellent fit to the data and it seems to indicate that the 95% might be an accurate indication of a fully charged battery.
BTW, a fully charged battery (100% indicated) connect to my computer shows 4.197v with a current of 106mA. This is pretty close to the design value of 4.2v. I think the immediate drop from 100% to 95% is just the charger being disconnected and the device load shifts to the battery, which causes a slight voltage drop.
The reason I went through this exercise was reading comments in this and other forums about the CRC ROM or the 220.127.116.11 radio causing a battery drain.