Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 + i780 + RealVGA

Tip us?

reaper2507
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 + i780 + RealVGA

hi there

i cannot start spb mobile shell ...

the older version 2.0 works in 240x240 see this thread
http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...highlight=i780

with version 2.1 how support 320x320 and realvga nothing starts and the today plugin is broken... would realy like to use mobile shell but this is a nogo

someone know help?

oddball1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
hi there

i cannot start spb mobile shell ...

the older version 2.0 works in 240x240 see this thread
http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...highlight=i780

with version 2.1 how support 320x320 and realvga nothing starts and the today plug-in is broken... would really like to use mobile shell but this is a no go

someone know help?
Mine works fine, but I do not use real-vga!!!
Huawei Ascend P6 - HYD52ROM v2
Samsung Galaxy SII - Omega v12
HTC P3700 Touch Diamond - Panosha LightII WWE
Sony-Ericsson W880i

g00ndu
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Hi...

For those who wants to run RealVGA with Spb Mobile Shell on their I780, attached please find the modified files.

Please note that the files are only meant for Spb Mobile Shell + RealVGA, and the screen will be messed up if you don't.

This is the 9 icon launcher menu (no 12 pinning icons). For the 9th icon, please do a search as to how to amend your registry in this forum.

Though this is my first attempt at changing the xml files, it has been tested on my I780 and it will work with RealVGA.

Enjoy, and please feedback if you have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip I780_RealVGA_MS2_1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (202.0 KB, 4770 views)

Juggeli
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How are we supposed to use these files? I tried to put them to my SPB shell install directory but still nothing happens when I tap SPB shell icon. Do I need to do some regedit or something?
The Following User Says Thank You to Juggeli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sphynx88
Old
(Last edited by sphynx88; 19th May 2008 at 09:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
sweet ill let you know.

have you tried themes? or will themes mess this up? im so happy im finally going to have a battery meter that i can actually use.

off topic but anyone has a working battery meter for the i780? one that displays actual percent of battery? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00ndu View Post
Hi...

For those who wants to run RealVGA with Spb Mobile Shell on their I780, attached please find the modified files.

Please note that the files are only meant for Spb Mobile Shell + RealVGA, and the screen will be messed up if you don't.

This is the 9 icon launcher menu (no 12 pinning icons). For the 9th icon, please do a search as to how to amend your registry in this forum.

Though this is my first attempt at changing the xml files, it has been tested on my I780 and it will work with RealVGA.

Enjoy, and please feedback if you have any problems.
Device : Samsung SGH I780.
PDA : SHC3
Phone: XHC4
Realvga 96

g00ndu
Old
(Last edited by g00ndu; 20th May 2008 at 03:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggeli View Post
How are we supposed to use these files? I tried to put them to my SPB shell install directory but still nothing happens when I tap SPB shell icon. Do I need to do some regedit or something?
1. Install RealVGA (with both 128dpi and 96 dpi).
2. Select RealVGA at 128dpi.
3. Install SPB MS 2.1.
4. Run SPB MS 2.1.
5. SPB MS 2.1 should run fine as it supports 320x320 at 128dpi.
6. Unzip the attached files to replace those stock dat files.
7. Go back to RealVGA.
8. Select 96dpi.
9. Automatically it will soft reset your I780.
10. Run SPB MS 2.1
11. SPB MS 2.1 will run under 320x320 at 96dpi mode.

Hope this helps.

To get the 9th icon, unzip and store the reg in your document folder. Click on the reg and you will be prompted whether to add the file to the registry. Click yes and the option for the 9th icon is generated.

Go to the Spb MS 2.1 option. You will be able to select the Games as an option to your SpbMenu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Games.reg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (392 Bytes, 1464 views)

g00ndu
Old
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphynx88 View Post
sweet ill let you know.

have you tried themes? or will themes mess this up? im so happy im finally going to have a battery meter that i can actually use.

off topic but anyone has a working battery meter for the i780? one that displays actual percent of battery? thanks
Themes? Themes only select the colour that you want. However, I still have problems using the SPB MS2.1 them settings. I can only use the stock settings to change the theme.

Note that in order to run properly, you need to install both sets of dpi (96dpi and 128dpi) for the RealVGA. To get the SPB MS 2.1 running, you need to set it at 128dpi first, otherwise MS 2.1 will not run at all.

As to your working battery meter, you can try Resco.

Please do report if you are successful. With this in place, my next project will be to change the format. There are a lot of useful information in the Skins and Theme thread. Referencing will be from there.

Of course, this is subject to the time that I have.

sphynx88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was able to properly install it and use it. It's very nice! I only installed 96 without 128. What i did was install trial version of ms coz the registered version had missing files...(no MA_.. files) trial version worked properly. Reg version showed nothing.

Here's what I did

1. install trial version of ms
2. copy all the files in the folder
3. install reg version of ms
4. paste all the copied folder files onto spb ms folder
5. Select no on all overwrite
6. Paste gOOndu's files. This time overwrite.

Reset and all is good

Goond,
Yeah i couldnt read the hex either or I need more time. I need to look more into it. I've seen so many nice themes for 2.1 in this forum. They change it up real nice. I could not figure out the 9th button but I'm happy you posted it. It makes my job easier. Thanks I love your release btw im so happy to uninstall my HTC Home, gives me so much space on my today now. Thanks again.

Sphynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00ndu View Post
Themes? Themes only select the colour that you want. However, I still have problems using the SPB MS2.1 them settings. I can only use the stock settings to change the theme.

Note that in order to run properly, you need to install both sets of dpi (96dpi and 128dpi) for the RealVGA. To get the SPB MS 2.1 running, you need to set it at 128dpi first, otherwise MS 2.1 will not run at all.

As to your working battery meter, you can try Resco.

Please do report if you are successful. With this in place, my next project will be to change the format. There are a lot of useful information in the Skins and Theme thread. Referencing will be from there.

Of course, this is subject to the time that I have.
Realvga 96

sphynx88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
games.reg did not work for me but ill look into it more.

Installed and clicked it a couple of times and did soft reset variations. maybe it was because we did two different installation methods although it shouldnt affect anything.
Realvga 96

sphynx88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My bad. It works now. After clicking the reg, I can check the games menu on settings/customize menu. After that games folder is now accessible!
Realvga 96