How To Downgrade From AP4 to WM6 Original??

Search This thread

denaldi

Apr 12, 2008
im from indonesia,.

I want downgraded to WM6 original but error n I got the text

"FOUND SPL V1.20

DOWNLOAD SPL BEFORE V3.03 IS NOT ALLOWED"

can u help me??
i want back to WM6 original,.

thx b4,.

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
What part of "you can't" did you REALLY not understand??? YOU CAN'T! Deal with it.

Don't be an asshole. YES HE CAN, he just needs to wait for the downgrade tool that hasn't been released yet.

Why do we have so many people on the Athena sub-board with an attitude problem? Treat everyone nicely, they'll treat you nicely.

eagle 1

Don't be an asshole. YES HE CAN, he just needs to wait for the downgrade tool that hasn't been released yet.

Why do we have so many people on the Athena sub-board with an attitude problem? Treat everyone nicely, they'll treat you nicely.

I think the athena boards are quite tame, compared to the Hermes and Kaiser forums...In those forums you will be called 4 letter words for not searching or posting a new thread instead of posting in the proper thread...

Of course, in those forums new roms come out every day, so there is a lot more activity.

marka2k

Jan 19, 2005
Oklahoma

Has the downgrade tool been confirmed in the works? I am waiting on it or the next version after 4.0 I am not happy with AP 4.0 at all right now to many issues with applications etc :(

geek78

Jan 22, 2006
Around Paris
not really confirmed, just few words from the dev team, no ETA ... would be a disaster if this tool is not released...

eagle 1

Has the downgrade tool been confirmed in the works? I am waiting on it or the next version after 4.0 I am not happy with AP 4.0 at all right now to many issues with applications etc :(

Yes, I am also having some issue with AP4, but I have changed several items and it now at least usable.

1) I removed all keyboards/sips except the default and I added resco keyboard. I believe some of the newer sips like the manilla keyboards were causing me memory issues.
2) I shutoff touchflo
3) I shutoff Vueflow
4) I changed several registry keys to performance setting via sktools.
5) I installed the Opera 8.65 cab and removed the opera 9.x
6) Removed Manilla Dialer

Also, changed a few registry items found in the forums wiki's for universal and kasier.

Most changes above were performed using SKtools, Schaps Advanced config app and PHM Registry editor. I still have issue with the photo album, but i do not use it much.

So for me, it now is a usable device again and better than ap3. DO i wish i could downgrade the SPL and try one of the other wm6.1 rom...Yes

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
Yes, I am also having some issue with AP4, but I have changed several items and it now at least usable.

1) I removed all keyboards/sips except the default and I added resco keyboard. I believe some of the newer sips like the manilla keyboards were causing me memory issues.
2) I shutoff touchflo
3) I shutoff Vueflow
4) I changed several registry keys to performance setting via sktools.
5) I installed the Opera 8.65 cab and removed the opera 9.x
6) Removed Manilla Dialer

Also, changed a few registry items found in the forums wiki's for universal and kasier.

Most changes above were performed using SKtools, Schaps Advanced config app and PHM Registry editor. I still have issue with the photo album, but i do not use it much.

So for me, it now is a usable device again and better than ap3. DO i wish i could downgrade the SPL and try one of the other wm6.1 rom...Yes
could you post wha tregistry dd you change?
i. amvery disappointed without the mail address predicton

eagle 1

could you post wha tregistry dd you change?
i. amvery disappointed without the mail address predicton

Sorry, I did not make a list of the reg changes, but most can be accomplished with sktools and/or readng the universal wiki registry edits

As for mail address prediction? Do you mean suggest words etc

did you go into settings, select personal tab, select the input icon, select the word completion TAB,

check suggest words when entering text
Change Suggest After entering to "1 letter" (i think the default is space which does not suggest words until a space is entered, totally useless)

set the other check boxes to your preference!

Remember word completion will store what you type most often, thus the email addresses, words etc

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
Sorry, I did not make a list of the reg changes, but most can be accomplished with sktools and/or readng the universal wiki registry edits

As for mail address prediction? Do you mean suggest words etc

did you go into settings, select personal tab, select the input icon, select the word completion TAB,

check suggest words when entering text
Change Suggest After entering to "1 letter" (i think the default is space which does not suggest words until a space is entered, totally useless)

set the other check boxes to your preference!

Remember word completion will store what you type most often, thus the email addresses, words etc

My problem is in "suggest words". There are options for 1, 2, 3 or 4 words suggested, but is impossible to mark a number. I think again the registry is not very fine. The curious comment is that teksoft keyboard does suggest words, that means AP team deploy this part of the rom only fine with software keyboards but not the phisical one.

This is the worse upgrade I ever made of a device. And no way to solve. I feel stupid after several years testing rom upgrades.

AP 4 is totally unusable for business. Maybe nice youtube video capacity, or maybe music, but no way to have it working.
I am starting to use again a blackberry device I have: totally usable for word prediction, gps really superfast.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
[size=+2]YES THERE IS A WAY TO DOWNGRADE.[/size]

I want to try out a more user friendly package before releasing it.

PM me if you want to help test!! ;)

marka2k

Jan 19, 2005
Oklahoma
Irus,

I applaud you for releasing and realize you did this so we would have more of a selection. For those of use hoping this will cure the software not running/incompatabilites etc this however does not cure the issue (I tested using your vanilla release) I believe the software issue we are experiencing is tied to the SPL version someone feel free that knows more than I do jump in :)

Edited to be more specific