Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CHome Configurator for WM6.1: Version 1.1.0.5 FINAL (UPDATED - 2008/07/11)

Tip us?

tlogix
Old
(Last edited by Mikey; 13th December 2008 at 12:15 AM.) Reason: Updated to version 1.1.0.5
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb CHome Configurator for WM6.1: Version 1.1.0.5 FINAL (UPDATED - 2008/07/11)

If you are using a smartphone running on Windows Mobile 6.1, this small utility might be useful for you. It allows you to switch on/off and change the display order of the sliding panels on any CHome homescreens. It could also be used to customize all custom panels based on CWelcomeCenter and Settings plugin.

This is the final version which has all the features that I have planned to do since the beginning. Please try it out and report you find any bugs. Have fun.

PS: Thank rickwyatt for the dialer extracted from his ROM and everyone else who contributed the icons.

Download the ZIP version if you have trouble installing .CAB on your device.
If you are using Ricky ROM v24 with CHome Configurator preinstalled, unzip CHomeConfig_Ricky_ROM_v24.zip to \Windows folder of your device.

Chome Configurator Panel Icons Tutorial

UPDATED TO 1.1.0.5 (2008/07/11)

BUGS FIXED IN THIS RELEASE:
  • Saving panel order to .home.xml sometimes reports Null Reference Error.
  • Error while deleting a panel which has more than one page

Version 1.1.0.2 (2008/06/02)

Few minor changes in this version:
  • NEW: First panel is now dockable
  • NEW: The page order will also be saved in the active .home.xml file
  • NEW: Icon pack is avalable from a seperate download
  • FIXED: Bug with Internet Link Template when https:// URL is specified

Version 1.1.0.1 (2008/06/02)
  • NEW: Contact Dialer template now offers a choice to enable SMS button if the selected phone number isn't a mobile phone.

Version 1.1.0.0 (2008/06/02)
  • NEW: interactive Application Launcher template
  • NEW: interactive Internet Link template
  • FIXED: Page Order window didn't save the settings properly
  • FIXED: location of support files (helpers & pictures) are now based on the executable's folder. This allows the software to be installed to storage card.
  • FIXED: Pictures extracted & used from Outlook Contacts are now saved in My Documents folder.
  • REMOVED: Import & Export to XML because of major problem with the importing feature.

Version 1.0.0.0 (2008/06/01)
  • NEW: user can add new and remove existing panels (panels based on CWelcomeCenter)
  • NEW: import from XML, export to XML
  • NEW: ability to copy/paste/paste as new (clone)
  • NEW: page template: Application Launcher, Internet Link and Contact Dialer
  • NEW: ability to change page order
  • NEW: support for CHOME on HTC Vox
  • NEW: Contact Dialer can extract and use contact's picture.
  • FIXED: Page names are now sorted in alphanumeric order
  • FIXED: Plugin icons field is now saved properly

Version 0.9.0.3
  • You are now able to add new pages and delete existing pages
  • The settings are now saved to both locations in the registry for maximum compatibility with other softwares & devices
  • Added two new properties in the panel settings: panel icons & disable page counter

Version 0.9.0.2
  • User must now have at least one visible and non disabled panel in order to save the settings.
  • Fixed a bug which prevents user to disable the panels
  • After the changes has been saved, the user must choose to reboot the device or else the changes won't have be effective (in order to accomodate panels based on CTestUIPlugin).
Version 0.9.0.1
  • Fixed a bug with Softkey 2 URL (it didn't keep its value after saving)
  • Temporarily removed "Visible" check box on Customize window.
  • Saving the new settings will automatically update the homescreen without rebooting the phone.

NOTE: The .CAB is updated. Please redownload and install it if you have
installed the old one.

Attached Files
File Type: cab CHomeConfig-IconPack.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (708.5 KB, 10520 views)
File Type: zip IconPack.zip - [Click for QR Code] (725.2 KB, 6827 views)
File Type: cab CHomeConfig.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (315.1 KB, 14560 views)
File Type: zip CHomeConfig.zip - [Click for QR Code] (309.8 KB, 4605 views)
File Type: zip CHomeConfig_Ricky_ROM_v24.zip.zip - [Click for QR Code] (308.9 KB, 4462 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tlogix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

averyt14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Works like a charm. Great Work!

showaco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just downloaded and installed. Tried a few tweaks and works great. Its simple to edit the panels and also seems to work well with NRG's weather panel. Awesome app, man!
PHONE HOME

Technology
Old
Banned
Thanks Meter 0
Talking The Real Deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco View Post
Just downloaded and installed. Tried a few tweaks and works great. Its simple to edit the panels and also seems to work well with NRG's weather panel. Awesome app, man!
Works like a charm!

outerdepth
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1369
Thumbs up I Must Say:

This is really nice, I do have a reg editor, which is really all this is. But it has a great GUI, and unlike the OldSAPFavorites, it actually works like it's supposed to work.

I am really impressed by the author, and heck I might even try to improve on this. Although I don't really see how.

Props to the author, and to everyone who hasn't checked this out, it's definitely worth the time. It takes you to exactly what you want to edit. Updates it perfectly.

Rock on!!!

Rip Syntaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Aww man... This GREATLY eliminates the headache of having to do this through the registry! It's pretty much the same process--just a more user friendly interface!
In my future, there are no errors. Only...Syntaxx.

Current Devices:
Motorola DROID Bionic - ROOTED

illi
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerdepth View Post
I am really impressed by the author, and heck I might even try to improve on this. Although I don't really see how.

Rock on!!!
how about when clicking on Pictures box, open up the folder. makes it easier to select.

thanks
12Dec11: Nokia Lumia 800
14Aug11: HTC 7 Mozart T8698 | OS: 7.0.7392.0 | Radio: 5.65.09.25 - INFERIOR PRODUCT
My Topaz Gold Series ROM [OS: 5.2.21916][Sense: 2.5.2021][Radio: 4.49.25.91][HardSPL 2.51 by OliNex]
08MAY09: HTC Topaz - ROM: My fork of Mondilv's NATALY
18SEP08: HTC TouchPro/Touch Diamond
01JUL06: HTC Tornado - Own ROM: WM 6.1 Standard Tornado Hybrid CE OS 5.2.19202
23DEC08: Celio Corp REDFLY C8 - one BIG mistake!Now my portable charger-not useless after all

psyfactor
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by illi View Post
how about when clicking on Pictures box, open up the folder. makes it easier to select.

thanks
This is already available in the current version. When the focus is on Pictures box, press the right softkey and select one of the 2 options available.

illi
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyfactor View Post
This is already available in the current version. When the focus is on Pictures box, press the right softkey and select one of the 2 options available.
Ops! Stupid me. Should try the apps first before commenting.
Anyway how about a module to modify the layout - changing the cpr file's fontsize, text placement and slide size. Make a visual presentation of changes being made.
Currently in order to see changes made to the cpr file, require changes in the settings>homescreen.

Thanks and thanks for such a useful apps.
12Dec11: Nokia Lumia 800
14Aug11: HTC 7 Mozart T8698 | OS: 7.0.7392.0 | Radio: 5.65.09.25 - INFERIOR PRODUCT
My Topaz Gold Series ROM [OS: 5.2.21916][Sense: 2.5.2021][Radio: 4.49.25.91][HardSPL 2.51 by OliNex]
08MAY09: HTC Topaz - ROM: My fork of Mondilv's NATALY
18SEP08: HTC TouchPro/Touch Diamond
01JUL06: HTC Tornado - Own ROM: WM 6.1 Standard Tornado Hybrid CE OS 5.2.19202
23DEC08: Celio Corp REDFLY C8 - one BIG mistake!Now my portable charger-not useless after all

NRGZ28
Old
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Thanks Meter 10003
Quote:
Originally Posted by illi View Post
Ops! Stupid me. Should try the apps first before commenting.
Anyway how about a module to modify the layout - changing the cpr file's fontsize, text placement and slide size. Make a visual presentation of changes being made.
Currently in order to see changes made to the cpr file, require changes in the settings>homescreen.

Thanks and thanks for such a useful apps.
And how do you propose he accomplish that ? You STILL have to reload the CHome plugin to see your changes. Besides, making a GUI editor for the CPR files could prove to a huge pain in the ass, probably not worth his time
.. - Energy ROM Chef -..

Click below for ROM threads

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Asus Transformer TF101 / TF201 / TF300 )
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

Tags
dash, myfavs, nrg weather