Cannot update Radio from Hell 1.65.17.10 : [SOLVED] with FrankenKaiser

OP jockyw2001

20th May 2008, 03:43 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 1

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsnyc

yes I have done that and got everything the same till when its suppose to boot into bootloader on the cego cmd just a blank screen.

I get the same thing.

Question; when running frakenkaiser in step 10 Sometimes I will get a code below the "be patient" line and sometimes I won't. Am I correct in assuming if I don't get the code, it's not going to work? At this point I am unsure what to do, I have tried both spl's via cmd prompt and it will not enter bootloader.
20th May 2008, 03:54 AM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 61

479 posts
More
So... If we were to copy the text from step7 including remarks and run them, making the last command before 'setinfo' not output anything, then run setinfo and powerdown, to find that the setboot command still works but nothing else will....

How would we go about fixing that?
20th May 2008, 04:06 AM   |  #103  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 20

1,285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutter13

I get the same thing.

Question; when running frakenkaiser in step 10 Sometimes I will get a code below the "be patient" line and sometimes I won't. Am I correct in assuming if I don't get the code, it's not going to work? At this point I am unsure what to do, I have tried both spl's via cmd prompt and it will not enter bootloader.

samething with mine sometimes i get a code that doesn't match the one in the picture and sometimes I get no code very strange. I wish Jocky was around! I am also trying to do all this on vista the mtty cmds seem to work but again can't get to bootloader
20th May 2008, 04:08 AM   |  #104  

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutter13

I get the same thing.

Also when I used MTTY in step 11 the first couple of times I would get a response when entering the commands. Now I don't. I can start back over at step 8 and MTTY responds for that step, but after repluging the USB in step 10 I get nothing. Type "echo_on" just goes to the next line, same with "setboot 0" and "cego". This is getting really frustrating. I'm sure it's something I'm not doing right, but I'll be damned if I can figure what it is.
20th May 2008, 04:10 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
When performing step 10 I don't get a code either. Yeah this is frustrating. I've bricked it while trying to fix it. It's frustrating for me 'cause I get all the expected results except at the end.
Last edited by gwhaley; 20th May 2008 at 04:13 AM.
20th May 2008, 04:13 AM   |  #106  

479 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhaley

When performing step 10 I don't get a code either. Yeah this is frustrating. I've bricked it while trying to fix it.

Do any commands work?
20th May 2008, 04:17 AM   |  #107  

16 posts
More
After Step 10 I have to reinsert the battery before it accepts more commands from MTTY.
20th May 2008, 04:20 AM   |  #108  

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhaley

When performing step 10 I don't get a code either. Yeah this is frustrating. I've bricked it while trying to fix it.

I think I've narrowed it down...if I don't close the MTTY window, I don't get the code, if I do, I do get the code.

Step 8

Step 10

Step 11

20th May 2008, 04:21 AM   |  #109  

16 posts
More
In the revised step 8 are we supposed to hold the send button for any period of time to ensure the phone enters the 'dload' state properly?
20th May 2008, 04:33 AM   |  #110  

479 posts
More
Is there anything we can do if, after step 7, step 8's 'enter 'dload'' instruction gives "invalid command : dload"?

Shutter13 made a very good point. Make sure mtty is closed when you run the FrankenKaiser program. I will answer my own question for those who believe they've messed up at step 7:

1. Remove power from your phone
2. Connect power and hold power button until the green light comes on
3. Make sure mtty is CLOSED
4. Run the "FrankenKaiser-V1.9517.exe /dev/com9 SPL1.56-KAIS-unbricker.nb" (with your own comport, etc.). It should show the 10 character code and instruct you to replug the USB.
5. REPLUG THE USB
6. Run mtty and connect to your comport.
7. 'echo_on' should now work. Do step 7 again.
Last edited by ugoff; 20th May 2008 at 05:14 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread