5,605,519 Members 46,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Opera Mobile 9.5 build 781!! Diamond

Tip us?
 
SprintGuy765
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 190
Join Date: Sep 2007
Talking Opera Mobile 9.5 build 781!! Diamond

Found it in ppcgeeks


http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27127
 
martyotaku
Old
#2  
martyotaku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 734
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
holy shiznit .....thanx for the heads up!!!
 
pijMleko
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wrocław
Default ;)

SWEET!!
Thenx; will try
 
robosiris
Old
#4  
robosiris's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 642
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Florida
Default Release Notes

Opera 9.5 - Build 781 - Release Notes
-------------------------------------

This build has been taken from a HTC Diamond ROM.

As with the build 405 release, we have made some adjustments:

- Able to uninstall
- WM5 version
- QVGA version

Note on this build: works great; scrolling seems smoother; always installs to \Windows\Opera9.

Note on the WM5 version: we performed the same trick as for the 405 build, but this build has NOT been tested on an actual WM5 device.

Note on the QVGA version: the skin used in the 405 PROPER build (thanks to whoever made that skin) could not be used, as there are a bunch of new icons in this build. We had to create a new QVGA skin, and though it mostly works fine, it could still be improved upon. We also adjusted the scrolling/zoom settings as was done in the 405 PROPER, as that works a lot better than the default settings from the VGA version.

- Have fun!

I thought I'd copy and paste the release notes here, instead of people searching. Hope this helps. It'll be good to post the opera's latest version here as well.
WARNING AT&T GALAXY S4 OWNERS: LATEST UPDATE BREAKS ROOT/ODIN/LOKI -- DO NOT UPDATE!
 
flaviopac
Old
#5  
flaviopac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 1,723
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ۩ Firenze ۩
Is it possible to install it on memory card??


LG Optimus One P500

 
gman8966
Old
#6  
gman8966's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 281
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaviopac View Post
Is it possible to install it on memory card??


Yes, I am installing it as I speak to my card. I just tried 9.5 out for the first time last night, an older build, but I was quite impressed.
Phone: Nexus S 4G
 
invd
Old
#7  
invd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 447
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman8966 View Post
Yes, I am installing it as I speak to my card. I just tried 9.5 out for the first time last night, an older build, but I was quite impressed.
Well, you can choose to install to card, but for me it didn't work, all necessary files go to \windows\opera9 as mentioned in the release notes. Can anybody "fix" this? Would be really great!
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
 
Chainfire
Old
(Last edited by Chainfire; 20th May 2008 at 10:16 PM.)
#8  
Chainfire's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 46120
Posts: 8,834
Join Date: Oct 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaviopac View Post
Is it possible to install it on memory card??


Quote:
Originally Posted by gman8966 View Post
Yes, I am installing it as I speak to my card. I just tried 9.5 out for the first time last night, an older build, but I was quite impressed.
............. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by robosiris View Post
Opera 9.5 - Build 781 - Release Notes
-------------------------------------

This build has been taken from a HTC Diamond ROM.

As with the build 405 release, we have made some adjustments:

- Able to uninstall
- WM5 version
- QVGA version

Note on this build: works great; scrolling seems smoother; always installs to \Windows\Opera9.

Note on the WM5 version: we performed the same trick as for the 405 build, but this build has NOT been tested on an actual WM5 device.

Note on the QVGA version: the skin used in the 405 PROPER build (thanks to whoever made that skin) could not be used, as there are a bunch of new icons in this build. We had to create a new QVGA skin, and though it mostly works fine, it could still be improved upon. We also adjusted the scrolling/zoom settings as was done in the 405 PROPER, as that works a lot better than the default settings from the VGA version.

- Have fun!

I thought I'd copy and paste the release notes here, instead of people searching. Hope this helps. It'll be good to post the opera's latest version here as well.
---------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by invd View Post
Well, you can choose to install to card, but for me it didn't work, all necessary files go to \windows\opera9 as mentioned in the release notes. Can anybody "fix" this? Would be really great!
Possibly. It depends on Opera internals... does it always look for files in \Windows ? May be possible, but impossible to say unless somebody tries to modify it and it works (or not).
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.
 
flaviopac
Old
#9  
flaviopac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 1,723
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ۩ Firenze ۩
I need device space because on my Touch I haven't so much....

Can this Opera build play .flv videos like youtube's ones?
LG Optimus One P500

 
Chatty
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 530
Join Date: Apr 2005
Somebody please mirror here...
Got a few P3110s on different ROMs...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more