Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 48,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT9 Language Cabs for Niki

Tip us?

wmn79
Old
(Last edited by wmn79; 14th September 2009 at 06:42 PM.) Reason: Added Dutch edited version of the DupinBJK EzInput language file to work with roms from d_train and NemanjaLO
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default XT9 Language Cabs for Niki

It started with one cab I made for Dutch XT9 on my Dual because I got tired of doing the settings manually after every flash. But now I am planning to make cabs for all the available languages and to make one multilanguage pack with 14 languages in it.

These XT9 cabs will enable the hardware and software Touch keyboard with your language.

Standard keyboard
These cabs will only work with the standard keyboard for the Niki which come with the standard wm6.0 and wm6.1 roms:

1. Czech (please test)
2. Danish
3. Dutch
4. Finnish
5. Norwegian
6. Polish
7. Portuguese (finally, please test)
8. Russian
9. Swedish
10. Greek (for the software keyboard to work switch to greek in the sip settings touch keyboard otherwise it doesn't work)

And I also have a multilanguage pack available in cab or OEM. 12 languages are included the first seven languages plus English, German, French, Italian and Spanish:

- 12 language multilanguage pack CAB
- 12 language multilanguage pack OEM

EzInput 1.5
In the roms of NemanjaLO and d_train the EzInput 1.5 keyboard is included. The cabs from DupinBJK for the languages work but are missing a couple of registry keys to select the language (which were present in his base package) so I've added them to the Dutch cab. If there are people who want me to add it to the other language cabs please ask and I will upload it here.

Please note that I can only edit the files which have the hardware keypad enabled which is stated in the post. See if your language is present here and if it is working with the hardware keypad. All credits go out to DupinBJK off course and all original files for the EzInput 1.5 keyboard can be found here

- Dutch

fritsypeij
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Nice! thanks
It's quite irritating to manually install the dutch XT9 after each flash.

DaPozt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi! Thanks for sharing, I have the same rom installed (clean install 5 minutes ago) and can tell you that this cab is working!!!!!

Thanks allot for sharing!
Samsung Omnia 7
HTC Touch2
HTC Diamond
HTC Touch Dual
HTC Touch
Qtek S110
Qtek S100
---------------

knudsen81
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmn79 View Post
I've made a small cab to enable dutch xt9 on the dual. previously I did all the actions manually so this will spare me some time and I like to share it with you all. I've tested it with my Dual and the new Niki Project v2 hardware keyboard enabled off course. I would really like to know if it does work with other roms as well.

This is what it does:

- It puts the following files in the windows folder: 12.nlhpd.kdb, nlhpd.kdb, NLlsUN_xt9.ldb and spd.5x4.Dutch.kdb

- It add's the following keys to the registry:

Code:
Select Code
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9]
"AvailableLanguages"="0113,0109,010C,0107,0110,010A" 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles]
"0B13"="spd.5x4.Dutch.kdb"
"0A13"="12.nlhpd.kdb"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\LanguageKeyboardIDMapping]
"0113"="0913"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\LdbFiles]
"0113"="NLlsUN_xt9.ldb"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KDbFiles]
"0613"="nlhpd.kdb"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\ezsip]
"Library5"=dword:00000005
"LibraryCount"=dword:00000006
Can you do the same with danish xt9 for niki????

wmn79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knudsen81 View Post
Can you do the same with danish xt9 for niki????
I can give it a try!

knudsen81
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmn79 View Post
I can give it a try!
Thanks for you time, i have install the cab but know when i press 4 to get h i get the sign from button 7

wmn79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I thought it was working... Hmmm, well that's probabely because I didn't had the right file for the hardware keyboard.

I downloaded it from I site but I think it's for another phone. The site was in Danish so I couldn't make a lot of it. Do you have an original file for the dual. The files name is: dahpd.kdb. If you have that one I can give it another try.

wmn79
Old
(Last edited by wmn79; 27th May 2008 at 07:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I'm downloading the Danish rom from netrunners directory and see if I can get the file out of there. I will report back if I have news.

Update: I've extracted the files from the Danish Rom and put them in the cab. I've tested it on my Dual and it seems to work can you check please? The cab in the startpost is updated.

knudsen81
Old
(Last edited by knudsen81; 27th May 2008 at 08:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Hello know it works thanks with mary full v2....

wmn79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Added Finnish XT9 cab please test.