Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*Distant Galaxies* New classic space shooter game for WM, WP7, PC and XBox

Tip us?

_LEM_
Old
(Last edited by _LEM_; 28th November 2011 at 12:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb *Distant Galaxies* New classic space shooter game for WM, WP7, PC and XBox

Hi all,

Some people already know me because of TrackMe,
a free GPS track application that I wrote sometime ago.

I'm creating a new thread because I just finished writing a game that I wanted to share it with you guys.

Distant Galaxies is a classic space shooter. This game tries to follow the same philosophy of old classic games, but adding more enemies, final bosses, extra weapons and the ability to upload your score and share it with the rest of users in the World Ranking. I tried to keep this game far from other space shooters for PDAs where you can only see bullets, 3D effects and all kind of stuff in the screen that makes playability very complicated. This game is easy and fun to play and that's why I think this game is closer to those old classics.

And yes, the game is free!

DOWNLOAD

Xbox

Windows Phone 7

Pocket PC CAB file

Pocket PC Installation program

Smartphones CAB file

Smartphones Installation program

PC Installation program

As I said with TrackMe, if people are interested and play the game, I will be adding more levels and other stuff, otherwise I will stop updating the program soon.

Have fun!

For more info, you can visit my website

A note for Kaiser users. For some reason the game is not a smooth as it should for this PDA. Maybe it's because of the lack of video drivers. On my old
Cingular 8125 the game runs great.

Try my apps and games!

TrackMe GPS/CellID tracking tool that records your positions and display them in realtime (or recorded trips) on Google Earth and GM. Available for Android,WP7 and WM
Distant Galaxies Classic space shooter game. Available for WP7 and WM,Xbox,PC
CatchMe Know how far is another phone and what direction you need to follow to reach it with no internet connection. Available on WM

Please if you like my software. A good motivation for development and updates! Thanks!

dzelaya18
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Will try it now! Looks fantastic, thanks.
Smartphone History:

Samsung GALAXY Note II - Current
HTC One X - Backup
Samsung GALAXY Note (International) - Retired
HTC Inspire 4G - Retired
HTC Desire HD - Retired
Samsung GALAXY S - Retired
Apple iPhone 3Gs - Retired
HTC Touch Pro - Retired
Apple iPhone 3G - Retired
HTC Kaiser - Retired
HTC Juno - Retired
HTC Hermes - Retired

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 540
Very Cool if u know where I'm coming from!!

Will check it out!!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

turtle2472
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Cool game. I keep getting killed quickly though. I'll get better though I'm sure.
iPhone 4S | 64GB | Black

Retired: HTC Tilt 2 | simplicity_04_November_21683 | SPL-0.85.OliNex | Subsidy Unlock | 4.49.25.17
HTC Fuze | NATF v4.7 | Hard-SPL OliNex | Subsidy Unlocked | R 1.14.25.05
at&t Tilt | [19-08-08] Laurentius26 KDV10 (Throttle Launcher B4) | Hard SPL v3.29 & Security Unlocked | Subsidy Unlocked | R 1.58.25.17
Cingular 8125 WM6 | [13/May] TNT.19213 Series Professional | IPL/SPL:2.25; GSM:02.19.11; OS 11.0.3.0

badaas
Old
Thanks Meter 97
n1!! thank yous

_LEM_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Cool game. I keep getting killed quickly though. I'll get better though I'm sure.
hey, thanks for trying it.
That's one of my concerns about the game. Not sure if it is too difficult. I will change the difficulty if people think it's too high.
Try my apps and games!

TrackMe GPS/CellID tracking tool that records your positions and display them in realtime (or recorded trips) on Google Earth and GM. Available for Android,WP7 and WM
CatchMe Know how far is another phone and what direction you need to follow to reach it with no internet connection. Available on WM

Please if you like my software. A good motivation for development and updates! Thanks!

turtle2472
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by staryon View Post
hey, thanks for trying it.
That's one of my concerns about the game. Not sure if it is too difficult. I will change the difficulty if people think it's too high.
Actually, I think it has more to do with me not being a gamer and not very good with controlling things with my thumb yet. It's been years since I had a game system. Does Sega Genesis ring a bell?
iPhone 4S | 64GB | Black

Retired: HTC Tilt 2 | simplicity_04_November_21683 | SPL-0.85.OliNex | Subsidy Unlock | 4.49.25.17
at&t Tilt | [19-08-08] Laurentius26 KDV10 (Throttle Launcher B4) | Hard SPL v3.29 & Security Unlocked | Subsidy Unlocked | R 1.58.25.17
Cingular 8125 WM6 | [13/May] TNT.19213 Series Professional | IPL/SPL:2.25; GSM:02.19.11; OS 11.0.3.0

_LEM_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Actually, I think it has more to do with me not being a gamer and not very good with controlling things with my thumb yet. It's been years since I had a game system. Does Sega Genesis ring a bell?
he he... I understand. However, I tried to write an easy game that anybody could play. I don't know... I think that maybe it's a little bit too difficult. Let's see what other people say!

Thanks for your feedback.
Try my apps and games!

kcrumbley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That looks like an amazing game. I already benefit tremendously from Track Me, so I know that this will be great! Unfortunately, I own a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) so I know that it can't handle it.

Maybe I'll get my wife to let me play it on her Moto Q Global!

turtle2472
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrumbley View Post
That looks like an amazing game. I already benefit tremendously from Track Me, so I know that this will be great! Unfortunately, I own a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) so I know that it can't handle it.

Maybe I'll get my wife to let me play it on her Moto Q Global!
Why can't you use a Tilt? I'm using a Tilt to play it and it's just fine. Just get the Pocket PC version.
iPhone 4S | 64GB | Black