Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

$5.99 plan and Opera Mini...

OP AbsoluteDesignz

29th May 2008, 05:33 AM   |  #11  
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 3

534 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjok

I don't get it. you were paying for both plans???? you didn't call tmob for three months? Don't you think that tmob will notify their 5.99 customers that it is no longer available?

Seperate phoes seperate plans. The 5.99 is in reality just for Wap access, not for internet, so why would t-mobile notify anyone since you should not get internt on a Wap plan? The fact that we could get internet on a Wap plan was due to open proxies that are being closed. Why would I call? I got something for free and now I dont.. do you think they would say oh we are sorry you cant keep getting a service for free.. shame on us for closing the hole in our system you were exploitimg.... lol
29th May 2008, 05:00 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
5.99 plan works for full Internet access. I have used this all around the country - most recently in NY and Atlanta and Sacramento.

Ihave been reading that the 5.99 full Internet is gone for over a year - WRONG. It has even worked outside the US.

Yes - sometimes I can not make a connection. I usually try to stop other programs that are running - sometimes reboot. Not sure if that fixes it - but in any event in a few mins it comes back
29th May 2008, 05:10 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 18

301 posts
work with low speed.
29th May 2008, 05:15 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Don't know about low speed. I have tried using with WiFi and I will be darned if Ican tell much of a difference.
29th May 2008, 05:19 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 18

301 posts
the plan 5.99 is not the same that wifi, when u use wifi you are using high speed connected to router or hotspot, the plan 5.99 you are using wap internet connection, less speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpk

Don't know about low speed. I have tried using with WiFi and I will be darned if Ican tell much of a difference.

10th June 2008, 08:23 PM   |  #16  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 3

113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bupahs

Seperate phoes seperate plans. The 5.99 is in reality just for Wap access, not for internet, so why would t-mobile notify anyone since you should not get internt on a Wap plan? The fact that we could get internet on a Wap plan was due to open proxies that are being closed. Why would I call? I got something for free and now I dont.. do you think they would say oh we are sorry you cant keep getting a service for free.. shame on us for closing the hole in our system you were exploitimg.... lol

Totally misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that the 5.99 plan was done and not just the hack. I still have the hack working for me. I understand that 3G is much faster then edge. If that is so I don't mind paying the extra 14.00 for it.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread