Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Thread Deleted

Emulators that can run on the Dash (working emulator compilation)

OP .PoNeH

3rd November 2006, 10:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, Boston
Thanks Meter: 0

197 posts
More
So, are there any working emulators out there for the Dash? I have been lurking on qusers.com and saw that a lot of people have been getting NES, SNES, and GB emulators to work well with their Q but I haven't been able to get it working on the Dash. Any ideas?

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13
8th November 2006, 07:20 PM   |  #2  

111 posts
I've tried a couple as well, the only one I can get to work is Pocket Nester. The only problem is the resolution looks like crap and I won't work well with the Dash.

I also Tried PocketNester Plus with not luck.
15th November 2006, 08:38 PM   |  #3  

8 posts
Hi PoNeH,

I also posted to your thread on MoDaCo....

I sort of have AvAlon5's version of smartsnes working on my dash. However, the image does not display properly. The screen is cutoff on the right and wraps around on the left. I've heard this works for the Q, because the Q uses a funky version of GAPI for backwards compatibility with old software.

I've posted a request to AvAlon5, asking to update with support for QVGA landscape like in the dash.
see this thread
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?show...4&#entry784084
you can also get his software close to the beginning of the thread.

Perhaps someone here on xda-developers can help with some sort of GAPI wrapper to get programs not designed for landscape displays to work on the dash. anyone???
15th November 2006, 10:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, Boston

197 posts
More
Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all your contribution. By the way, how did it run? Was it as responsive as you expected? How were the controls?
17th November 2006, 05:01 AM   |  #5  

8 posts
besides the display problem, it ran great. i had auto-frameskip on, and it ran at full speed with sound WITHOUT overclocking. controls are as expected for snes, keys are configurable, and multi button press is no problem.
22nd November 2006, 09:25 AM   |  #6  

2 posts
More
Emulator list and setup
There is a good step-by-step tutorial for setting up the emulators for the Dash located Here. It has a link as well to PicoDrive which is cool. I haven't tested all of them, but PocketNester seems to work well for me.
22nd November 2006, 04:37 PM   |  #7  

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsocha

There is a good step-by-step tutorial for setting up the emulators for the Dash located Here. It has a link as well to PicoDrive which is cool. I haven't tested all of them, but PocketNester seems to work well for me.

PocketNester won't display in full screen. It displays "tall" and scrunched, not "wide."
22nd November 2006, 07:47 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, Boston

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsocha

This guide is as useful as a sweater in Florida. Not much help at all. Thanks for sharing the link anyways.
29th November 2006, 03:23 AM   |  #9  

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PoNeH

This guide is as useful as a sweater in Florida. Not much help at all. Thanks for sharing the link anyways.

Haha. Yup. That's no "guide." It's a talking fart.
24th January 2007, 07:54 AM   |  #10  

2 posts
Enlightenment
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PoNeH

So, are there any working emulators out there for the Dash? I have been lurking on qusers.com and saw that a lot of people have been getting NES, SNES, and GB emulators to work well with their Q but I haven't been able to get it working on the Dash. Any ideas?

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Here are the answers to most of the questions that are asked on this forum:

http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/DashApps.htm

I use the Pocket NESter Plus all the time with my Dash.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread