Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chome Weather 2.0 - "The fun continues..."

Tip us?

NRGZ28
Old
(Last edited by NRGZ28; 3rd June 2008 at 11:56 PM.)
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo - OP
Thanks Meter 10003
Default Chome Weather 2.0 - "The fun continues..."

The other thread was getting a little large, plus we have a new version out.

Here's Chome Weather 2.0 with a 10 day forecast. Download the cab and enjoy, more detailed instructions to follow.

1) Install the cab in the link at the bottom of the post.

2) It should ask to reboot ! Press "Ok"

3) Go to your Start Menu and find "Weather Options", or go down to the Settings slide on your homescreen and the second slide will be the CHome Weather options slide.

Set your Zip / Location Code to your zip code if you're in the US or a "location code" if you're anywhere else (ex: ROXX003 for Bucharest). More info on finding your specific code is here http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/#req . Set the "Fahrenheit / Celsius" option to either "F" or "C" (without the quotes!). This will only affect the reading of the current conditions panels, not the text descriptions in the forecast panels. Those will always be in Fahrenheit.

Specify how often you would like to autoupdate the weather information, in minutes in option #3. It's set to 60 by default and I would not recommend seting it any lower, as that's how often Yahoo updates the information on their servers anyway.

Specify whether you would like the application to attempt to connect your default GPRS connection first, before updating. If you have a constant data connection on, leave this on "N". Finally you can turn off the autoupdate feature with the last option #7.

4) Now it might be a good idea to go to Start and find "Update Weather" and run it to update the weather data! Alternatively you can click the center button while you're on any of the forecast panels.

5) The cab should set your Home Screen to "Sliding Panel Top Bar + Weather!" automatically. If your top icons disappear then you might have to use the regular "Sliding Panel + Weather!" theme.

6) Enjoy and report any bugs you might encounter, please.

New features:

- Regular sized icons for the forecast panels, they do not affect other "welcomecenter" based panels.

- Revised layouts to ensure correct wrapping

- HomeScreen update feature. No need to reboot to see forecast or layout changes. This option is turned off by default because it doesn't work for everybody. If you turn it on and you see problems with your phone's radio turning off, phone becoming very slow etc... turn it off. (it's option #10)

- Added new panel to the Settings panel at the bottom for easy access to the weather updates and settings.

- "Spil icons" are default for forecast and regular panels.

Screenshot descriptions:

1- IPhone Layout (this is the default layout)
2- Forecast Panels screenshot
3- Slim Panels Layout with the background options enabled
4- HTC Slim Layout while updating
5- HTC Slim Layout in normal mode
6- The HomeScreen with the weather plugin in its "condensed" state at the bottom, showing current conditions
7- Regular Panel Layouy with no background.
8- IPhone Slim Layout

Download link > http://www.sendspace.com/file/0f8g23

Vox Version > http://www.sendspace.com/file/rxa13k

Look at post #3 to complete the installation for Vox phones. (or any other phones that will not install the regular version)

Current Version: 2.0.3

Changes to 2.0.3:

- completely redesigned Options panel. Hopefully things will be easier to get around. Now it tell you what the current layout used is.
- Fixed HTC Layout (5) text not wrapping down issue.
- Added option NOT to check for internet connection before connecting.
- Options panel keeps track of what layout you're running.
- added blue, purple, WM7 style or original glass panel selection to options panel.
- updated portrait CPRs.
- forecast panels should now display "N/A" icons when a forecast is not available instead of a red x.
- ability to choose between european("rest of the world pretty much...) or american style dates on the forecast panels.

If you like this application and feel the need to support my work, here's a link to donate to me via PayPal.
PayPal Donate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new2.jpg
Views:	3064
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	89065   Click image for larger version

Name:	new3.jpg
Views:	1923
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	89066   Click image for larger version

Name:	new4.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	89067   Click image for larger version

Name:	new5.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	89068   Click image for larger version

Name:	new6.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	89069  

Name:	new7.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	89070   Click image for larger version

Name:	new8.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	89071   Click image for larger version

Name:	new1.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	89072  
¯´·.¸¸. - Energy ROM Chef -.¸¸.·´¯

Click below for ROM threads

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Asus Transformer TF101 / TF201 / TF300 )
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

NRGZ28
Old
(Last edited by NRGZ28; 30th May 2008 at 03:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10003
This is the "addons" post.

Added "NRG Power Key..... .cab This will add three options to the menu that comes up when you hit the power key on the side of your Excalibur. "Power off", "Reboot" and "Weather Update". I hope they're self explanatory Have fun.

Download the Calibri font mod if you want your system font to look like the one in the screenshots.

The Yahoo, Spil, Novaweather and 7Degree icon sets are alternative icons sets for your Forecast and Regular and Slim Panel layouts

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

NRGZ28
Old
(Last edited by NRGZ28; 9th June 2008 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10003
Also using this post to keep a list of TO DO's since I always forget:

- Better autoupdate logic. *DONE*
(got rid of "weathertimer.mscr" and using the phone's notification queue... will beta test this over the next couple of days)

- Checking whether on a call, when going to update the weather info. If on a call, exit and run 10 minutes after... and so on... *DONE*

- Make option menu that lets the user chose how many pages of forecast info they can see.

- Move PNGs to storage card. Create two separate cab's for installation. Maine program and Icon packs

- Add second or third panel with more "current weather information" details. *IN PROGRESS*

Files needs to complete the VOX installation are attached. Install the Vox cab above, then unzip Vox Windows.zip and drop all the files in it in the \windows directory on your device. Install weathertimer.mscr in \windows\startup.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vox Windows.zip - [Click for QR Code] (127.1 KB, 310 views)

(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

Rip Syntaxx
Old
(Last edited by Rip Syntaxx; 10th June 2008 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicM View Post
The other thread was getting a little large, plus we have a new version out.
Here's Chome Weather 2.0 with a 10 day forecast. Download the cab and enjoy, more detailed instructions to follow. To list some new features:

- Regular sized icons for the forecast panels, they do not affect other "welcomecenter" based panels (too much ).

- Revised layout to ensure correct wrapping

- HomeScreen update feature. No need to reboot to see forecast or layout changes. This option is turned off by default, so you need to go to Options, and turn it on. (it's #10)

- Added new panel to the Settings panel at the bottom for easy access to the weather updates and settings.

- "Spil icons" are default for forecast and regular panels.

Download link > http://www.sendspace.com/file/saqzxb
POST OBSOLETE
In my future, there are no errors. Only...Syntaxx.

Current Devices:
Motorola DROID Bionic - ROOTED

axv91
Old
(Last edited by axv91; 29th May 2008 at 11:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Final version? wooot!!

Edit: i just installed the update....its way better than the beta, of course, the only problem im still having are the icons.... the CLinks icons are still oversized and still have no idea where to edit them ... any help would be appreciated

Mikey
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 989

DONATE TO ME
LOVE IT!!!
Compared it to weather.gov accurate also.
This is KICK ASS
Code:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus               Tablet: Google Nexus 7
ROM: PURITY JDQ39                         ROM: PURITY JDQ39
Kernel: AK Kernel Diamond ed.             Kernel: M-Kernel
Baseband: I925OUGLH1                      Bootloader: v4.18
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0                   Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0

slater87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
installing cab file now... didnt have the first version, dont know why. i live in virginia beach, va and its supposed to be one of the most climate changing places in the us... ill let you know how it turns out.... judging by your pics and everyone elses responses its gonna be tits
"We arent running out of time, Time is running out of us"

RussianSolja
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Good Job just one question.. when i go to the weather thing on my home screen i have 1/10 options to scroll thru what do they all represent? theres no dates or anything... can you explain?
{Previous Phones}

1. T-Mobile Motorola Razor - Sold
2. T-Mobile Sidekick - Sold
3. T-Mobile Dash - Sold
4. T-Mobile G1 - Sold
5. T-Mobile ROOTED Unlocked Nexus One - For Sale
6. At&t Dell Streak - For Sale

{Current Phone}

At&t Samsung Note - Pa-da-pa-pa-pa, Im Loving It!

Empel1960
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Amazing........

Hi Org,

It looks and works great, even my distorted icons are back to normal, a biggggg thanks for all your efforts and your patience with all of us demanding more stuff..........
Enrique M. Pérez
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Alliance ROM
Telcel, Mexico

Rip Syntaxx
Old
(Last edited by Rip Syntaxx; 30th May 2008 at 12:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Whoa...okay. Just disregard this whole post guys. Let this be a lesson to you--work with your program for at least 15-20 minutes before reporting bugs. I feel ridiculous for not dabbling with this before crying wolf! My bad, Org!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Captured-1.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	89037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captured-2.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	89043  
In my future, there are no errors. Only...Syntaxx.

Current Devices:
Motorola DROID Bionic - ROOTED