Here's Chome Weather 2.0 with a 10 day forecast. Download the cab and enjoy, more detailed instructions to follow.
1) Install the cab in the link at the bottom of the post.
2) It should ask to reboot ! Press "Ok"
3) Go to your Start Menu and find "Weather Options", or go down to the Settings slide on your homescreen and the second slide will be the CHome Weather options slide.
Set your Zip / Location Code to your zip code if you're in the US or a "location code" if you're anywhere else (ex: ROXX003 for Bucharest). More info on finding your specific code is here http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/#req . Set the "Fahrenheit / Celsius" option to either "F" or "C" (without the quotes!). This will only affect the reading of the current conditions panels, not the text descriptions in the forecast panels. Those will always be in Fahrenheit.
Specify how often you would like to autoupdate the weather information, in minutes in option #3. It's set to 60 by default and I would not recommend seting it any lower, as that's how often Yahoo updates the information on their servers anyway.
Specify whether you would like the application to attempt to connect your default GPRS connection first, before updating. If you have a constant data connection on, leave this on "N". Finally you can turn off the autoupdate feature with the last option #7.
4) Now it might be a good idea to go to Start and find "Update Weather" and run it to update the weather data! Alternatively you can click the center button while you're on any of the forecast panels.
5) The cab should set your Home Screen to "Sliding Panel Top Bar + Weather!" automatically. If your top icons disappear then you might have to use the regular "Sliding Panel + Weather!" theme.
6) Enjoy and report any bugs you might encounter, please.
- Regular sized icons for the forecast panels, they do not affect other "welcomecenter" based panels.
- Revised layouts to ensure correct wrapping
- HomeScreen update feature. No need to reboot to see forecast or layout changes. This option is turned off by default because it doesn't work for everybody. If you turn it on and you see problems with your phone's radio turning off, phone becoming very slow etc... turn it off. (it's option #10)
- Added new panel to the Settings panel at the bottom for easy access to the weather updates and settings.
- "Spil icons" are default for forecast and regular panels.
1- IPhone Layout (this is the default layout)
2- Forecast Panels screenshot
3- Slim Panels Layout with the background options enabled
4- HTC Slim Layout while updating
5- HTC Slim Layout in normal mode
6- The HomeScreen with the weather plugin in its "condensed" state at the bottom, showing current conditions
7- Regular Panel Layouy with no background.
8- IPhone Slim Layout
Download link > http://www.sendspace.com/file/0f8g23
Vox Version > http://www.sendspace.com/file/rxa13k
Look at post #3 to complete the installation for Vox phones. (or any other phones that will not install the regular version)
Current Version: 2.0.3
Changes to 2.0.3:
- completely redesigned Options panel. Hopefully things will be easier to get around. Now it tell you what the current layout used is.
- Fixed HTC Layout (5) text not wrapping down issue.
- Added option NOT to check for internet connection before connecting.
- Options panel keeps track of what layout you're running.
- added blue, purple, WM7 style or original glass panel selection to options panel.
- updated portrait CPRs.
- forecast panels should now display "N/A" icons when a forecast is not available instead of a red x.
- ability to choose between european("rest of the world pretty much...) or american style dates on the forecast panels.
If you like this application and feel the need to support my work, here's a link to donate to me via PayPal.