Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Android and Linux for KAISER!!

Tip us?

xxbabiboi228xx
Old
(Last edited by xxbabiboi228xx; 9th October 2009 at 05:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasilva333 View Post
I can confirm this works but you must use all the base files from 09-12 otherwise it won't work, i tried to mix it up but that won't work so to reiterate. 09-12 base files and 10-09 zImage = stable working ROM w camera working
Where are the 9-12 basefiles theres 9-15 & 9-19 basefiles

dasilva333
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabiboi228xx View Post
Where are the 9-12 basefiles theres 9-15 & 9-19 basefiles
look up the post number referenced in my reply you should find the files there, on behalf of dzo if you are glad and thankful he got the camera working feel free to place a donation to keep up the good work and continue the project here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382265
bottom of the page

xxbabiboi228xx
Old
(Last edited by xxbabiboi228xx; 9th October 2009 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasilva333 View Post
look up the post number referenced in my reply you should find the files there, on behalf of dzo if you are glad and thankful he got the camera working feel free to place a donation to keep up the good work and continue the project here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382265
bottom of the page
Thanks for the reply back gonna try this out on Zen Micro Hero Build just to see if it will work on a hero build.
By the way i have been reading about this class 6 sdhc card stuff and android running fast with it.Its very true went and bought a 4gb class 6 micro sd tonight and i can tell a big difference in the reading and writing capabilities it has.

sllyname
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo View Post
I've got the camera working. It's not perfect but should be usable.

New kernel is on the google-code site here:

http://code.google.com/p/vogue-andro...sort=-uploaded
Is there a source code repository for this kernel? In fact, why is there not a menu-config type system for all of android, kernel, add on apps, just like openwrt. They also can include binary blobs if necessary from a local cache. It would end all the cease and desist problems of the last few weeks.

Thanks for getting the camera working. mark

garringm
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo View Post
I've put up a new kernel with some changes to power management, it works very well for me but to get good battery life you also need to do the following:

Make sure you are using the correct panel type in defaut.txt (not 0).
Disable sync and background data.
Switch off wifi before putting the device to sleep.

When in power collapse (deep sleep) the right led should flash green and only the power key will wake the device. If this doesn't happen, then something is wrong and you possibly have something installed that is keeping the device awake.

Get the new zImage from the google code site.
I have been using a custom hero build for the last few days and I have been going just about 18 hrs between charges, now mind you I dont use it as a phone much, I use a lot of internet, SMS/MMS and email. I unplugged it from the PC at 4:00pm yesterday and at 8 am this morning I still had 50% left on the battery and I did use the data extensively last evening and this morning. I still have the original battery but I cant say that I ever had the power issues that most of you claim.

Rhys'Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Donation sent to Dzo!

160bpm
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by garringm View Post
I have been using a custom hero build for the last few days and I have been going just about 18 hrs between charges, .....[SNAP]..... I still have the original battery but I cant say that I ever had the power issues that most of you claim.
What is the RadioROM you using. Because there are some difference with battery life etc...

Rhys'Droid
Old
(Last edited by Rhys'Droid; 9th October 2009 at 02:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by garringm View Post
I have been using a custom hero build for the last few days and I have been going just about 18 hrs between charges, now mind you I dont use it as a phone much, I use a lot of internet, SMS/MMS and email. I unplugged it from the PC at 4:00pm yesterday and at 8 am this morning I still had 50% left on the battery and I did use the data extensively last evening and this morning. I still have the original battery but I cant say that I ever had the power issues that most of you claim.
I'm with garringm, I can generally get ~a day of battery life with modest usage, background data on, push on, etc. I am running a 1.71.xxx radio (latest one, I think...).

edit: Its 1.71.09.01

Dzo- SnapTell is pretty impressive...picked up a random book off my desk, and it found it nearly instantly just from the picture. ShopSavvy interests me because it is purported to cover a wider range of products, but until barcode scanning works, it is fairly useless. Thanks for the heads up on SnapTell though!

-Rhys

s0undw4v3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Using the Don't Be Evil system file with the 19-09-09 basefiles and the latest zImage - I can't open Contacts / Sync settings. They open up and disappear right away.

Anyone else with this issue?
Samsung Galaxy S &&& T-Mobile HD2.

garringm
Old
(Last edited by garringm; 9th October 2009 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 160bpm View Post
What is the RadioROM you using. Because there are some difference with battery life etc...
I just downloaded and giving the moto blur a trial run today, but it seems to be working out very smooth, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the fxcamera/ymst.apk I cannot find it in the Market it was posted on vogue-hero but has been taken down.

Radio: 1.65.24.36
Rom: Solace 3.1 this is with manilla

Here is my startup.txt that I have been using for a very long time, the only thing I change is the resolution and I wish someone could add that in the builds the same as they did the lcd.density I think it is in the build.prop at least that where I found the lcd.density added.

#alloctest 0x2000
set RAMSIZE 0x07000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000
set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set MTYPE 1553
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.nostart - Set ppp.nostart=1 to disable starting the ppp connection on boot
# lcd.density - Defaults to 160, 128 shows more on screen
set cmdline "board-htckaiser.panel_type=2 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480 no_console_suspend board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=1elevator=noop"
boot

I just took my battery off charge for the day I will keep updated as to how it does with the new zImage.

Tags
android, htc, kaiser, linux, porting