Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HardSPL v3.07, v3.28, v3.29 and v3.56 by JockyW

Tip us?

jockyw2001
Old
(Last edited by jockyw2001; 1st July 2008 at 11:10 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default HardSPL v3.07, v3.28, v3.29 and v3.56 by JockyW

Many of you are eagerly waiting for this: HardSPL v3.07, v3.28, v3.29 and v3.56...

Run a SSPL (aka JumpSPL) and then flash the HardSPL.

Practically all questions are answered in kyphur's excellent F.A.Q. in the next post

Brought to you by JockyW

Have fun !

EDIT:

* The "force USB" versions are only for a tiny minority who have USB connectivity issues.
* SPL3.56 is part of the latest AT&T Rom which is dated June 6. 2008
* SPL3.07 was included in a recent Vodafone RUU.
Happily accepting donations for free SIM/Security unlockers, FrankenKaiser unbricker for Kaiser "Radio From Hell", Herald unbricker, Excalibur & Shadow WiFi fix, many SPLs (e.g. Vox, Excalibur, Shadow, Kaiser, Niki, Diamond) and generation of sim unlockcodes for many HTC models (Excalibur, Vox, Elf/Elfin, Gene, Startrek, Oxygen, etc). Proud member of the Diamond Project Team
http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=487710&dateline=11901  94891

kyphur
Old
(Last edited by DaveShaw; 8th April 2009 at 09:51 AM.) Reason: Added Extra Jump SPL 1.94
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,325
Question F.A.Q.

How to Install 3.2x.Hard SPL:

1. Plug the device into your PC
2. Copy Jump/Soft to your device. use JumpSPL If you have the "White Screen" issue, if you don't, you can use SSPL-KAIS.exe.
3. Take out your SD card & SIM Card.
4. Run Jump/Soft SPL on your device
5. Wait for the bootloader screen to appear and "USB" to show.
6. Right-click activesync, go into connection settings and ensure Allow USB Connections is unchecked
7. Unplug your device from the USB port, wait 5 - 20 seconds, plug it back in.
8. Run KaiserCustomRUU.exe and flash the SPL

If you have problems with the above process, try this:

1a. download the attached files
1b. pull out the battery and reinsert it (this step *is* important)
1c. connect your PC to phone with a USB cable
2. REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
3. copy JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe to your device and run it (make sure the USB cable is still connected). If you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe or JumpSPL1.94-KAIS.exe
4. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the phone display
5. unplug and replug the usb cable
6. deselect "Allow USB connections" in Activesync connection settings
7. now flash hardSPL (run KaiserCustomRUU.exe from flash-hardSPL.zip on your PC)
Notes:
With the JumpSPL you should *not* flash radio roms, OS roms or full roms. The JumpSPL is only needed to flash a HardSPL (or SPL)

FOR ANYONE WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS FOR, WHY YOU WOULD NEED IT, OR HOW TO PERFORM SPL PROCEDURES: Read This Wiki page

Q: Can I use with with Wizard/Hermes/"Insert other device here"?
A: No, this is only for Kaiser/TyTN2/Tilts.

Q: Do I have to use Jump/Soft SPL?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I have to install HardSPL v1.x before installing HardSPL 3.x?
A: No, you can follow this process to install HardSPL 3.x on a factory device without ever installing HardSPL 1.x.

Q: Will I have to reflash my OS/Radio or set-up my software again after flashing this?
A: No, changing SPL doesn't touch either the Radio or OS.

Q: Do I have to use this BEFORE I flash a WM 6.1 Rom?
A: Not really, you can flash it before or after upgrading the OS/Radio to WM 6.1 but you may experience "Screen-Freeze" until you upgrade your HardSPL.

Q: Since this is SPL for HTC Branded Devices will it work with AT&T's Tilt?
A: Yes.

Q: Does this SPL support AT Command Mode?
A: No.

Q: Does the 3.2x HardSPL support "Task 2a" via MTTY?
A: No, HTC took it out.

Q: What is the difference between this & HardSPL v1.x?
A: HardSPL 3.x should be used with WM 6.1 Roms, HardSPL 1.x should be used with WM 6.0 Roms. Both HardSPL prevent you from accidently flashing a new SPL (you must use Jump/Soft SPL for this) and SuperCID your phone.

Q: What is the difference between 3.28 & 3.29 SPL?
A: Just speculation at the moment but there appears to be a minor change, possibly a hotfix. Both SPLs seem to work fine with all models & WM 6.1 Roms but 3.29 is included in the AT&T Rom and a few of the HTC Roms.

Q: Should I install 3.28 or 3.29?
A: Honestly it probably makes little difference but you can always check the SPL that shipped with the rom (or BaseRom if using a cooked Rom) you are running. I have AT&T Tilt running my Rom (using AT&T 3.51 Base) with 3.28 and have no problems including screen-freeze. Note: some members recommend 3.28 for HTC Roms & 3.29 for AT&T Roms.

Q: Does this HardSPL fix the "Screen-Freeze" in WM 6.1 Roms.
A: Yes, everyone using the new HardSPLs has reported it resolved the issue.

Q: What about WM 6.0 Roms?
A: Some users have reported having the "Screen-Freeze" issue on WM 6.0 Roms and fixing it with the New HardSPL. It's worth a try but definately recommended to use the same generation SPL & ROM in most cases.

Q: What about "Diamond" Roms?
A: As the Diamond Ports are WM 6.1 Roms and the SPL has the same effect, eliminates "Screen-Freeze".

Q: What was the cause of the freezings with the older hard-spl and what did you do to fix this
A: SPL initializes a lot of subsystems (power management, touch screen, lcd, etc). The newer SPL probably has contidional code that would handle variations in hardware (if they exist). I'd also think that the 3rd gen SPL would be geared more towards the 3rd gen OS & Radio needs which would explain the fix working as well as it does. Reminds me of the Wizards days when we were running 2nd & 3rd gen OS but had to stick to lower radios because we were intentionally not upgrading SPL (due to HTC Locks & such in the 2nd gen SPL).

Q: Can I flash this via SDCard?
A: Technically, you should be able to BUT flashing SPL is a "dangerous" process for your phone so you really should use KaiserCustomRUU.

Q: Where can I get Jump/Soft SPL?
A: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=354061

Q: I can't flash a cooked Rom after installing 3.x.Hard SPL, help.
A: See the next question, if you didn't successfully change to SPL03.2x.Hard then try again.

Q: How can I be sure that I've successfully changed to SPL-3.x.Hard?
A: Get into your Bootloader (hold down camera+power buttons while inserting stylus for approximately 3-5 seconds). It should show SPL-3.28.Hard or SPL-3.29.Hard on the second line of text on your screen. If not then you didn't flash the new HardSPL, try again.

Q: Using Jump/Soft SPL shows "unknown device" when hooked up to usb.
A: Try the SSPL attached to the first post.

Q: Could you clarify what the "Force USB" does?
A: Some users managed to nuke configuration parameters which determine the default connection mode. They are stuck in serial mode. The "force usb" version of SPL corrects this. Of course it would be better to figure out which parameter(s) are at fault and correct these, but that would take time and experiments and more over a higher risk to really brick a device.

Q: I'm stuck in the Bootloader (Tri-Color) Screen with "ruunbh" text in the upper right corner.
A: To get rid of the RUNNBH error:

Download an ORIGINAL (not cooked ROM) for your device from here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...me=Kaiser_ROMs
Choose one appropriate for your device (AT&T tilt / HTC TyTnII). 6.0 or 6.1 shouldn't matter.
Download that and flash it...it should work and get you back to a working phone. Then you will have to try the HardSPL procedure again.

Q: Does this "Security Unlock" my Phone?
A: No, Security Unlocked is something different from HardSPL.
Check here on how to do a security unlock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=361236
Here are the files that you will need to do the process:
http://www.4shared.com/file/46447471..._SuperCID.html
Just follow the steps in the supercid. I have included the .txt file that Jockyw2001 included.
Be sure to flash the "SPL-1.1.JockyW" as the process won't work while SPL-3.2x.Hard is installed.

Q: Where did my post in this thread go?
A: All useful information was consilidated into this single post. Everything else was deleted.

Troubleshooting:

When all else fails, try these...

Use a Windows XP Machine (not VISTA).

Delete all USB peripherals and root hubs from Device Manager, reboot, let everything be re-detected, reboot again and then plug your Tilt in again.

Make sure you have removed both the SDCard and your SIM Card.
Samsung Captivate - USA - at&t - Fresh out of the box!

Don't like my reply? read this
What is XDA-Devs
XDA-Devs Posting Rules
Donate to XDA-Developers

jockyw2001
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default HardSPL v3.29.0000 added

HardSPL v3.29.0000 added.

I don't know which one is better. The version number tells me that they prolly hotfixed an error in 3.28.

Enjoy!
Happily accepting donations for free SIM/Security unlockers, FrankenKaiser unbricker for Kaiser "Radio From Hell", Herald unbricker, Excalibur & Shadow WiFi fix, many SPLs (e.g. Vox, Excalibur, Shadow, Kaiser, Niki, Diamond) and generation of sim unlockcodes for many HTC models (Excalibur, Vox, Elf/Elfin, Gene, Startrek, Oxygen, etc). Proud member of the Diamond Project Team
http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=487710&dateline=11901  94891

pfcsabre
Old
(Last edited by pfcsabre; 4th June 2008 at 12:42 PM.) Reason: paypal
Thanks Meter 6
hey Jocky! I kinda miss the SPL-1.1.JockyW tag in your SPL, lol.. donation coming in as promised!

Confirmation number: 6CM53141XF789163M

jockyw2001
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcsabre View Post
hey Jocky! I kinda miss the SPL-1.1.JockyW tag in your SPL, lol.. donation coming in as promised!

Confirmation number: 6CM53141XF789163M
Thanks! First donation from 'old europe'

PJ6363
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Work worthy of donation!!

New SPL has done the trick and eliminated the laggy freezes in L26 v3 for me!
Many thanks jocky......worthy of the small donation (Paypal Confirmation number: 99A446736N006110A) that I can afford and great stuff!

HTC Velocity, Telstra Stock

kyphur
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,325
Cool FAQ Updated, thread cleaned...

I'll be leaving Kudos, Donation notices & such after this but all Question/ Answers will get cleaned & integrated into the FAQ.

BTW, Jocky had mentioned that North America as consistantly been the lion's share of support for his work . I do encourage everyone who uses this to send a little something his way as it does take both time & skill to provide these tools. Even a couple of bucks goes a long way to show your appreciation.

What is XDA-Devs
XDA-Devs Posting Rules
Donate to XDA-Developers

fitdocsr
Old
(Last edited by fitdocsr; 4th June 2008 at 07:53 PM.) Reason: added confirmation
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
I'll be leaving Kudos, Donation notices & such after this but all Question/ Answers will get cleaned & integrated into the FAQ.

BTW, Jocky had mentioned that North America as consistantly been the lion's share of support for his work . I do encourage everyone who uses this to send a little something his way as it does take both time & skill to provide these tools. Even a couple of bucks goes a long way to show your appreciation.
Chaulk another one up for North America, donation sent, thanks Jocky!!!
Confirmation number: 7YH40824J6586891R

chippyhawkeye
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Donations

Just making sure N. America stay on top!

kyphur
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,325
Cool Nightly Thread Maintenance.

FAQ Updated....

Posts removed....

What is XDA-Devs
XDA-Devs Posting Rules
Donate to XDA-Developers