TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

activesync error 80072f78

OP martin2242

3rd June 2008, 11:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
I upgraded to dutty's 6.1
I can sync to desktop by usb and to exchange by internet, but I can't sync to exchange by usb and get error message 80072f78 -
any solutions
3rd June 2008, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle

69 posts
More
not trying to be rude or anything, but googling that error code came up with a wealth of info.
4th June 2008, 08:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag london

10 posts
More
Unhappy
i know...

Thanks for answering;

I tried a) deleting proxy server - didn't work b) registry change - didn't work c) changing activ sync connection to internet from automatic - didn't work

It's stupid because I can sync to exchange via internet (just not via usb) so it's not a big deal - just annoying

I'm kind of stuck - more suggestions welcome
6th June 2008, 06:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag london

10 posts
More
Thumbs down
Heelppp - please
7th June 2008, 08:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 15

185 posts
More
Are you running 4.5? Try uninstalling and reinstalling activesync.

If not, try this.
15th June 2008, 02:14 PM   |  #6  

6 posts
0x80072f78 but not the same circumstances
Hi

Hi

I tried searching for this error 0x80072f78 message and I don't seem to get this message under the same conditions listed in the posts that I've found. I am getting the message at random in PIE with either GPRS/3G or when connected by USB. I have no problems downloading mail but can't use anything else for data (google maps etc). It doesn't happen every time but is very spotty. ATT tech support was no help as usual. I applied the registry change in the posts that discuss this error in relation to USB/active sync only and it did nothing. I'm using the latest att rom.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I've followed all of the suggestions that I can for people that are having the problem with active sync only and that has done nothing. I still have the problem when connected to gprs/3g. I have yet to find someone else posting that has this problem with both.

Thanks
1st July 2008, 12:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chester

81 posts
More
Smile
Well add me to that list then. A user I provide support for has an unmodified Hermes (yes I know this is the Kaiser forum) that was exhibiting this behaviour over the air. (But was fine over USB.)

It turned out that he had a proxy server configured on his 3G/GPRS internet connection (with T-Mobile) but that setting was no longer appropriate, due to changes made at the T-Mobile end. Switched off the proxy server setting and all was well again.
31st October 2008, 06:39 PM   |  #8  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pomeroy

Well add me to that list then. A user I provide support for has an unmodified Hermes (yes I know this is the Kaiser forum) that was exhibiting this behaviour over the air. (But was fine over USB.)

It turned out that he had a proxy server configured on his 3G/GPRS internet connection (with T-Mobile) but that setting was no longer appropriate, due to changes made at the T-Mobile end. Switched off the proxy server setting and all was well again.

Thank the Lord for search functions - was having this exact issue and it was driving me NUTS! Anyway if you are having trouble syncing over gprs but not over USB then this is the fix! Thanks
16th December 2008, 08:21 PM   |  #9  
Flag Salt Lake City, Utah

22 posts
Tasks Exchange
I get this error when tasks on my exchange (mail2web.com) account is active and my tasks on my AT&T Tilt is active. When I deactivate (options) the exchange tasks and the phone tasks, then activate only the phone tasks the error goes away.

Ciao

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread