Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 49,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

activesync error 80072f78

Tip us?

martin2242
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy activesync error 80072f78

I upgraded to dutty's 6.1
I can sync to desktop by usb and to exchange by internet, but I can't sync to exchange by usb and get error message 80072f78 -
any solutions
mg2242
vario iii
rom 6.1

liquidfork
Old
Thanks Meter 0
not trying to be rude or anything, but googling that error code came up with a wealth of info.

martin2242
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i know...

Thanks for answering;

I tried a) deleting proxy server - didn't work b) registry change - didn't work c) changing activ sync connection to internet from automatic - didn't work

It's stupid because I can sync to exchange via internet (just not via usb) so it's not a big deal - just annoying

I'm kind of stuck - more suggestions welcome
mg2242
vario iii
rom 6.1

martin2242
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Heelppp - please
mg2242
vario iii
rom 6.1

Prolab
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Are you running 4.5? Try uninstalling and reinstalling activesync.

If not, try this.
HTC Raider - Stock ICS, Rooted for now

alexb49
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 0x80072f78 but not the same circumstances

Hi

Hi

I tried searching for this error 0x80072f78 message and I don't seem to get this message under the same conditions listed in the posts that I've found. I am getting the message at random in PIE with either GPRS/3G or when connected by USB. I have no problems downloading mail but can't use anything else for data (google maps etc). It doesn't happen every time but is very spotty. ATT tech support was no help as usual. I applied the registry change in the posts that discuss this error in relation to USB/active sync only and it did nothing. I'm using the latest att rom.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I've followed all of the suggestions that I can for people that are having the problem with active sync only and that has done nothing. I still have the problem when connected to gprs/3g. I have yet to find someone else posting that has this problem with both.

Thanks

Rob Pomeroy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well add me to that list then. A user I provide support for has an unmodified Hermes (yes I know this is the Kaiser forum) that was exhibiting this behaviour over the air. (But was fine over USB.)

It turned out that he had a proxy server configured on his 3G/GPRS internet connection (with T-Mobile) but that setting was no longer appropriate, due to changes made at the T-Mobile end. Switched off the proxy server setting and all was well again.
Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 99p/99!

the_angry_monkey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pomeroy View Post
Well add me to that list then. A user I provide support for has an unmodified Hermes (yes I know this is the Kaiser forum) that was exhibiting this behaviour over the air. (But was fine over USB.)

It turned out that he had a proxy server configured on his 3G/GPRS internet connection (with T-Mobile) but that setting was no longer appropriate, due to changes made at the T-Mobile end. Switched off the proxy server setting and all was well again.
Thank the Lord for search functions - was having this exact issue and it was driving me NUTS! Anyway if you are having trouble syncing over gprs but not over USB then this is the fix! Thanks

brainstewn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tasks Exchange

I get this error when tasks on my exchange (mail2web.com) account is active and my tasks on my AT&T Tilt is active. When I deactivate (options) the exchange tasks and the phone tasks, then activate only the phone tasks the error goes away.

Ciao
Phone: AT&T Tilt (HTC 8900, TyTN II)
HardSPL: HardSPL 3.29
ROM: PDA Corner v17 Ultimate
Radio: 1.65.21.18
Memory Card: 4 gig SDHC
Network: AT&T 15 years (should I be proud?)
Dialer: MBarvianOpalPhoneCanvas.cab
Enjoying: M2D Customizer (donated too)
M2D Landscape issue clue by installing Cha-Tai Second Today