Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

activesync error 80072f78

OP martin2242

4th June 2008, 12:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
I upgraded to dutty's 6.1
I can sync to desktop by usb and to exchange by internet, but I can't sync to exchange by usb and get error message 80072f78 -
any solutions
4th June 2008, 12:18 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
not trying to be rude or anything, but googling that error code came up with a wealth of info.
4th June 2008, 09:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Unhappy
i know...

Thanks for answering;

I tried a) deleting proxy server - didn't work b) registry change - didn't work c) changing activ sync connection to internet from automatic - didn't work

It's stupid because I can sync to exchange via internet (just not via usb) so it's not a big deal - just annoying

I'm kind of stuck - more suggestions welcome
6th June 2008, 07:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Thumbs down
Heelppp - please
7th June 2008, 09:48 AM   |  #5  
Prolab's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 15
 
185 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Are you running 4.5? Try uninstalling and reinstalling activesync.

If not, try this.
15th June 2008, 03:14 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
0x80072f78 but not the same circumstances
Hi

Hi

I tried searching for this error 0x80072f78 message and I don't seem to get this message under the same conditions listed in the posts that I've found. I am getting the message at random in PIE with either GPRS/3G or when connected by USB. I have no problems downloading mail but can't use anything else for data (google maps etc). It doesn't happen every time but is very spotty. ATT tech support was no help as usual. I applied the registry change in the posts that discuss this error in relation to USB/active sync only and it did nothing. I'm using the latest att rom.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I've followed all of the suggestions that I can for people that are having the problem with active sync only and that has done nothing. I still have the problem when connected to gprs/3g. I have yet to find someone else posting that has this problem with both.

Thanks
1st July 2008, 01:08 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Chester
Thanks Meter: 0
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Smile
Well add me to that list then. A user I provide support for has an unmodified Hermes (yes I know this is the Kaiser forum) that was exhibiting this behaviour over the air. (But was fine over USB.)

It turned out that he had a proxy server configured on his 3G/GPRS internet connection (with T-Mobile) but that setting was no longer appropriate, due to changes made at the T-Mobile end. Switched off the proxy server setting and all was well again.
31st October 2008, 07:39 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pomeroy

Well add me to that list then. A user I provide support for has an unmodified Hermes (yes I know this is the Kaiser forum) that was exhibiting this behaviour over the air. (But was fine over USB.)

It turned out that he had a proxy server configured on his 3G/GPRS internet connection (with T-Mobile) but that setting was no longer appropriate, due to changes made at the T-Mobile end. Switched off the proxy server setting and all was well again.

Thank the Lord for search functions - was having this exact issue and it was driving me NUTS! Anyway if you are having trouble syncing over gprs but not over USB then this is the fix! Thanks
16th December 2008, 09:21 PM   |  #9  
brainstewn's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Tasks Exchange
I get this error when tasks on my exchange (mail2web.com) account is active and my tasks on my AT&T Tilt is active. When I deactivate (options) the exchange tasks and the phone tasks, then activate only the phone tasks the error goes away.

Ciao

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes