[06/13/08] WM7 Spb Mobile Shell Skin goes Landscape
This is a skin only
theme for Portrait & Landscape modes
and 240x320 QVGA Only
. Also my first public contribution to to xda-developers community. Hope you enjoy it, feel free to modify it as you wish.
This minimalistic theme has 4 main screens (Now, Programs[9 icon], Speed Dial[8 contacts and 11 in Landscape] and Shortcuts ), however there are only 3 main tabs, the Shortcuts screen is visible only in 2 ways: i) Sliding your finger from right to left after the Programs screen. ii) Using the right side soft key, also after the Programs screen. If you slide your finger from left to right or use the left side soft key you´ll never see the Shortcuts screen.
Credits go to:
* ogabriel: To start the very first Spb MS moding thread
* Dark83: You gave us the password to decrypt the files (Where are you anyway?)
* pcarvalho and met3ora: You were the initiators
* asefsef: We all owe you big time, thanks for the colorful and diverse background we all use
* greatbal: For throwing the challenge to get a WM7 for Spb MS
* kulet78, greatbal and other skinners (I´m very sorry not recall all your names) fom xda-developers, Actualité Mobile and 4PDA: My apology to skip credit with nut and bolts of each of your contributions used in this theme.
* All xda-developers working on WM7 skins, ROMs, etc: You inspired this work and gave ideas.
* xda-dev testers: Thank you all!!
* luggi: I only put together the fine job of all mentioned above.
IMPORTANT: Please, please read the Release Notes for further information, known issues and instructions to make it work smooth."
Headsup: Altough is not a proven fact, is very likely that the Alarm in the Now Classic mode under certain conditions may cause unstability of your phone, this unestability may be manifested in difficulties to sync with Activesync, unability to pick up a call, call incomming and in general notifications not showing up. If you don´t want to take any chances with this behavior all the scrpits for the Classic mode related to the alarm function must be dissabled. I prepared the attached qa_layouts.dat.zip which dissables all alarm related functions in Classic mode the Pro mode still has it. Just rename the file removing the extension ".zip" and copy to your phone.
Tutorial to Decrypt & Encrypt Files
Tutorial to Increase and Eventually Reduce Contacts
Mobile Shell 2.0 Beginner's How-to here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378367
Another alternative to handle file Decryption / Encryption using 7_ZIP by jws3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...26#post2303126
Revisions After V1.1 Release
1.- 06/15/08 (Optional) Add wireless information to Classic & Pro Now Screens http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...96#post2306196
2.- 06/20/08 (Recommended) Alarm feature dissabled in Classic mode
Hey people! If everything fails just read the manual!
Dead! Never poke the USB port thinking is the reset hole
Died few days ago, but I still love it!
You think your Wizard is "bricked"? Read here first under "Possible Reviving Techniques"