epocrates for smartphone
epocrates is a free drug rx program. A version for smartphones is out, but you must install it via data plan.
to get around this I found a microsoft mobile post that explained everything quite well:
NOTE: This is for Windows Mobile smartphone devices without a touchscreen.
1. Disable the phone connection on your device, so it does not try to start a data plan connection.
**This is commonly found in Wireless Settings, Comm Manager, or known as selecting Flight Mode. If you aren't sure how to do this, please refer to the user's manual that came with your device.**
2. Connect the device to your Windows computer with the USB cable, and set up a partnership with ActiveSync.
3. Ensure that your Windows computer is connected to the internet.
4. When ActiveSync comes to the "Connected" state, open Internet Explorer on your smartphone and navigate to http://get.epocrates.com
5. Select the "Install Now" link on that website to begin the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
7. During the installation, when it gets to the AutoUpdate screen that asks for your username and password, enter them. Also ensure that "Enable Timed Update" is NOT checked. This will ensure that AutoUpdate does not try to get updates while you are disconnected from the USB cable.
8. After Epocrates has completed installing don't forget to switch your phone connection back on so you can receive calls again.
I did have difficulty when i installed it, it said "startup error" and after some googling, realized that i had a space on the end of either my U or P because it started working. Also the first autoupdate is slower then i imagined... so make sure its done before you try to run it.
Hope this helps someone.