Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ATT Device Support Center for Tilt repair

OP duytch

11th June 2008, 01:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I need to have my Tilt serviced under AT&T warranty and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Device Support Center?

I am debating whether I should use the mail exchange or take the phone to the Device Support Center.

I understand that you only get a refurbished replacement using the mail exchange.

My question is, if you get your phone exchanged at the Device Support Center, do you get a new unit or a refurbished unit? The AT&T website says that they will "swap" the phone, but no mention of whether i's a new or refurbed unit.
11th June 2008, 01:59 PM   |  #2  

118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duytch

I need to have my Tilt serviced under AT&T warranty and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Device Support Center?

I am debating whether I should use the mail exchange or take the phone to the Device Support Center.

I understand that you only get a refurbished replacement using the mail exchange.

My question is, if you get your phone exchanged at the Device Support Center, do you get a new unit or a refurbished unit? The AT&T website says that they will "swap" the phone, but no mention of whether i's a new or refurbed unit.

i did the mail exchanged and i got a refurbished one it took a week tho but you couldnt tell its refurbished been using it for a couple of months now and it just like brand new
11th June 2008, 03:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag Temple
Thanks Meter: 14

2,171 posts
Pretty much all places will give you a refurb after 30 days. Should they give you a new one if your used one is broken?
11th June 2008, 03:55 PM   |  #4  
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

85 posts
More
Traditionally the DSC only carries refurbs in stock. The best way to get a NEW model would be to call the warranty dept over the phone and request a new model. However, it is not a garauntee that they will reissue you a new phone unless they no longer have any seed stock equipment in stock.

But, AT&T fully tests the refurbished models before placing them in stock and should a refurb go bad, then you are welcome to call the warranty dept again stating that the refurb has gone bad and to replace it with a new one so that the problem doesnt continue to happen or get worse.

Lastly, keep in mind that regardless of when you get a phone from the DSC or the Warranty Dept, the ORIGINAL warranty still applies. So they only warranty the phone for 1 year from the original phone purchase date or 90 days if the phone is outside of the 1 year after replacement.

Hope this helps.

Glenn
11th June 2008, 03:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Temple

2,171 posts
Oh I think we have an at&t employee or ex employee trolling around the forum.
11th June 2008, 04:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumleyEX

Pretty much all places will give you a refurb after 30 days. Should they give you a new one if your used one is broken?

I don't mind getting a refurb unit, but I don't want to end up with one of those earlier models with the usb/battery problem.

I was trying to see if anyone has had any experience with getting the phone exchanged at the "Device Support Center." Since ATT exchanges the device on site, I guess I could at least make sure the phone functions and that there're no visible defects.
11th June 2008, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumleyEX

Oh I think we have an at&t employee or ex employee trolling around the forum.

lol... Yes, Im a DM for an AT&T Authorized Retailer in Jacksonville.
11th June 2008, 04:56 PM   |  #8  
Flag Temple

2,171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennordway

lol... Yes, Im a DM for an AT&T Authorized Retailer in Jacksonville.

Oh it shows with your carefully scripted reply. (I'm not saying you were reading from one, just that you probley say it just like that all the time)
11th June 2008, 08:50 PM   |  #9  

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duytch

I don't mind getting a refurb unit, but I don't want to end up with one of those earlier models with the usb/battery problem.

I was trying to see if anyone has had any experience with getting the phone exchanged at the "Device Support Center." Since ATT exchanges the device on site, I guess I could at least make sure the phone functions and that there're no visible defects.

I got my AT&T Tilt exchanged twice at the DSC in San Diego, California. They only carry refurbs but you really couldn't tell (well, I could for the first refurb I got...).

I'm not sure what 'usb/battery problem' you're referring to as my original Tilt that I got back in October 2007 didn't have that problem. Anyway, the two refurbs that I got were already loaded with the 'latest' ROM update released from HTC+AT&T.

Hope it helps.
11th June 2008, 09:19 PM   |  #10  
Flag Town in Georgia

167 posts
More
Just a bit of info.

My dad's star trek's usb port died on him. AT&T sent him a wizard to replace it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread