Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NRG Weather 3.0 - "The pretty version..."

Tip us?

Dees_Troy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9038

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy View Post
I installed on my Q9c and I still get that font issue with large text boxes in PIE, however, I'm willing to put up with it at this point since the 6-day layout means I don't have to reboot the phone to see the latest forecast.

Any idea what might be causing the font issue? Since this weather panel is basically just scripts reading XML files and making registry changes, I can't imagine that it'd be too hard to figure out what's causing the PIE font issue. The font issue isn't a huge deal and I'd completely ignore it if it weren't for the fact that the digital font makes no differentiation between upper and lower case and many special characters just show up as boxes.

I dumped the 10-day panel and added a link to the Weather Update in my links panel if I ever decide to manually update the weather.
After messing around with things for a while, I finally figured it out. I renamed \Windows\LCD.ttf to LCD.bak and rebooted. Now PIE uses its regular Courier font instead of the LCD font. Weird issue and I'm surprised that PIE seems to randomly grab a fixed-width font from \Windows but whatever. This fix probably means I can't use the LCD clock font, but I'm not using that option anyway. Probably just a Moto Q9c issue.

I'm very happy! Small Paypal donation made. (Note, Organic, your latest version thread here doesn't have a Paypal link - found it on another thread.)

While digging around, I noticed that the SPWeather.home.xml files and most of the cpr files are using the Nina font, which I don't think my phone has. My default chome_320x240.cpr file uses Segoe. Several of the portrait-style cpr files use Segoe instead of Nina.

sergiopi
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Great application! Useful, beatiful graphic, fully integrated with UI and layout; try to sell it to MS (or to HTC), before they copy the concept and the code
iPhone 4S & 5S
iPad 2
[B]Blackberry , WM, Many since windows CE..../B]
Huawei Ascend P7
Asus Vivo Tab RT
Lifewatch V

dbldown768
Old
Thanks Meter 7
right now my weather update will only go up to 20%. I have an HTC dash with the proxy...

luckyland
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgedaddy View Post
this app is specifically written for the sliding panel homescreen. The sliding panel homescreen is only available on the WM 6.1 platform. So no. it does not and will not work on the WM6 interface
Thank you.
No hope it can be adapted to WM6, to use it as a plugin for home?
At present I'm using Fizz Weather, but I really like the crisp graphics of NRG Weather.

dbldown768
Old
(Last edited by dbldown768; 13th June 2008 at 09:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
i fixed the downloading problem, now my questions is what layout are the sample pictures using? I set the 6 day layout, but the background is not transparent like the ones displayed?

this problem is still occurring??? I dont get it. i can go to PIE and it that works fine.

pudgedaddy
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldown768 View Post
i fixed the downloading problem, now my questions is what layout are the sample pictures using? I set the 6 day layout, but the background is not transparent like the ones displayed?
He's using a dark, but partially transparent image on the slide, this is due to the fact that he's trying to make all of the info appear better on the screen as to adapt to different types of wallpapers people use. If you used a very light background image for example, and he didnt use that filter, the white text would be difficult to see.
Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

NRGZ28
Old
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo - OP
Thanks Meter 10003
Is anybody experiencing any alignment problems with the bottom temps on the new layout ?
.. - Energy ROM Chef -..

Click below for ROM threads

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Asus Transformer TF101 / TF201 / TF300 )
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

bowenar57
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicM View Post
Is anybody experiencing any alignment problems with the bottom temps on the new layout ?
Afraid so... but I'm sure you can fix it!
Patience is a virtue!
Adrian

haans249
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nope, no problems here!

Patience is Virtue!
Adrian

wtf? Another Adrian? haha.

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Thanks Meter 42