TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Touchpad Pro for Windows Mobile

OP Nagrom Nniuq

13th June 2008, 10:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 23

776 posts
More
I saw that it was posted once before with no real answers. My question: Can the program Touchpad Pro be ported to Windows Mobile or can a program be made that has the same functionality. I am willing to pitch some funds to whoever will do it.

These are the links to the demo of Touchpad Pro and their website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnbF...eature=related
http://www.touchpadpro.com/2008/04/t...-overview.html

The Touchpad Media Server works similar but doesn't give full control.
13th June 2008, 11:54 AM   |  #2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq

I saw that it was posted once before with no real answers. My question: Can the program Touchpad Pro be ported to Windows Mobile or can a program be made that has the same functionality. I am willing to pitch some funds to whoever will do it.

These are the links to the demo of Touchpad Pro and their website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnbF...eature=related
http://www.touchpadpro.com/2008/04/t...-overview.html

The Touchpad Media Server works similar but doesn't give full control.

Doesn't Windows Remote Desktop do that?
13th June 2008, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 92

386 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y

Doesn't Windows Remote Desktop do that?

No - if you log in to remote desktop on thew phone, you will be logged out on the PC. With this you can work simultaneously on the PC and the phone.
But this program is nothing new - just a VNC client. There are already a few of them available for WM (including some free ones). Just do a google search for windows mobile VNC client.
13th June 2008, 04:36 PM   |  #4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_deimos

No - if you log in to remote desktop on thew phone, you will be logged out on the PC. With this you can work simultaneously on the PC and the phone.
But this program is nothing new - just a VNC client. There are already a few of them available for WM (including some free ones). Just do a google search for windows mobile VNC client.

Okay... Obviously I didn't read that site in enough detail...
13th June 2008, 04:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

517 posts
More
With RDP (Standard windows remote desktop) on WinXP, it is actually possible to have more than one person logged in at a time.

See here
13th June 2008, 10:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer

776 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_deimos

Thanks man. I guess I just didn't know what to search for. I'll check them out and see if they do the same thing.
13th June 2008, 11:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

657 posts
More
You can also use logmein Basic which is free up to a certain amount of computers. I believe 5 pcs. https://secure.logmein.com/createaccount.asp

LogMeIn is one of the many choiced that one has when deciding on remote access software. LogMeIn Basic is freeware, and allows you to install the client onto a single machine that can be access via the LogMeIn website through a browser. With a small memory footprint, the program does not interfere if you leave it up while you decide to load up a game.

Features

Although the full paid version of LogMeIn automatically allows you to transfer files by dragging, stream audio, network printers, etc, the free version has none of these features. Although there is a free 30 day trial, these features are nice but not necessary for basic remote access needs.

Speed

Bandwidth is a large factor in the speed and refresh of LogMeIn, and although I run fiber optics at home, there is still a small amount of lag between connected clients and the server. Loss of some keystrokes can be a pain if you are a fast typer, but this is no different then Windows Remote Desktop.
13th June 2008, 11:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Developer

776 posts
More
But the thing that I really need is for the computer to not be logged out while I am on it. I want the phone to be a touch pad/mouse/remote control for the computer. So any program that logs you out of the PC while you are remotely using it is useless to me and does not do what Touchpad Pro does. Hence why VNC is good.
14th June 2008, 12:04 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 16

657 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq

But the thing that I really need is for the computer to not be logged out while I am on it. I want the phone to be a touch pad/mouse/remote control for the computer. So any program that logs you out of the PC while you are remotely using it is useless to me and does not do what Touchpad Pro does. Hence why VNC is good.

Logmein does not log you out. You will see it on the screen and it also goes through firewalls.
14th June 2008, 03:50 AM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer

776 posts
More
Gotcha, thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread