GC Opera Mini 1.2.6 for Windows Mobile
LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 17, 2008
Read the changelog for a complete list of changes.
Instructions for setting up Opera Mini in 1.2.6:
1. Completely uninstall any previous versions of either GC Java Pack or GC Opera Mini.
2. Install either GC Java Pack 1.2.6.cab or GC Opera Mini 1.2.6.cab, depending on whether or not you use Gmail.
3. Open Opera Mini located in "Start->Programs->Opera Mini" folder. (For Java Pack users, Java and Gmail shortcuts remain in "Start->Programs")
4. Follow the prompts and install. Once installed, a new link called Setup is created in "Start->Programs->Opera Mini." Opera Mini must be closed to run Setup.
5. In Setup, there are several configuration options that can be customized at any time, including switching back and forth between using Opera Mini and Internet Explorer as the default browser.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
To uninstall either GC Java Pack 1.2.6 or GC Opera Mini 1.2.6, you must run Setup in "Start->Programs->Opera Mini" and choose Uninstall.
Follow the prompts, when it's done it will instruct you to finish uninstalling by removing it the normal way via Start->Settings->System Tab->Remove Programs.
Failure to do this may leave you with improper browser registry settings. For your convenience, a backup of your registry settings are kept in "\GC Opera Mini Backups."
- Esmertec Jbed 20080428.2.1 *NEW*
- Opera Mini 4.1 - Build 4.1.11355 20080522
- Gmail 220.127.116.113 *NEW*
- Opera Mini signed as trusted (removes annoying prompt windows)
- Gmail signed as trusted (removes annoying prompt windows)
- Shortcut for Opera Mini 4.1 in Start->Programs->Opera Mini with icon. (Today Launcher icon supported)
- Shortcut for Gmail in Start->Programs with icon. (Today Launcher icon supported)
- Shortcut for Esmertec Jbed in Start->Programs.
Change Log 1.2.6 - 09-15-08 updated to Gmail 18.104.22.1683 - 09-15-08 fixed a few bugs during install 1.2.5 - 07-22-08 updated to Esmertec Jbed 20080610.2.1 - 07-19-08 fixed a few minor bugs - 07-19-08 updated selector.utf to include read/write parms by default 1.2.4 - 06-27-08 fixed numerous bugs while testing - 06-26-08 Opera Mini as default browser now supported - 06-26-08 rewrote scripts to optimize functionality - 06-26-08 added Exit option in Settings - 06-26-08 changed shortcut path for Opera Mini to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Opera Mini (Gmail shortcut path unchanged) - 06-26-08 updated registry paths and shortcuts 1.2.3 - 06-25-08 included custom scripts based off originals by badbob001. - 06-25-08 fixed version number in "Remove Programs" list - 06-25-08 tweaked some registry settings 1.2.2 - 06-23-08 added code to clean up install directory after uninstall 1.2.0 - 06-20-08 fixed bug where hardware softkeys would cause Gmail to close - 06-20-08 updated install paths to use WinCE macros to support all non-english roms - 06-20-08 updated install paths to use WinCE macros to support installation to Storage Card or Extended Rom - 06-20-08 Jbed gets installed to default install path instead of \Windows - 06-20-08 Opera Mini appdb files get installed to default install path instead of \Windows\appdb - 06-20-08 Gmail appdb files get installed to default install path instead of \Windows\appdb - 06-20-08 changed name of Opera Mini release versions to reflect Java Pack release versions - 06-20-08 included changelog in all releases. 1.1.0 - 06-19-08 updated to Esmertec Jbed 20080428.2.1 - 06-19-08 decreased file sizes 1.0.0 - 06-17-08 included Gmail midlet to Opera Mini 0.9.9 and created Java Pack 1.0.0 (Opera Mini release versions still supported and will be updated the same) - 06-17-08 included support for both 16x16 Gmail icon (Programs Menu) and 32x32 Gmail icon (Today Launchers) - 06-13-08 included shortcut to Gmail midlet in "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" - 06-17-08 updated selector.utf to sign Gmail as trusted 0.9.9* - 06-13-08 updated to Esmertec Jbed 20080222.3.1 - 06-13-08 included support for both 16x16 Opera icon (Programs Menu) and 32x32 Opera icon (Today Launchers) - 06-13-08 included shortcut to Opera Mini midlet in "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" - 06-13-08 updated selector.utf to sign Opera Mini midlet as trusted
Perfect for UC, or if you're just tired of having to install Jbed first, then go through the hassle of compiling Opera Mini, Gmail, etc. Everything is done for you!
If you don't use Gmail and just want Jbed and Opera Mini, just install GC Opera Mini 1.2.6!
You must completely uninstall all previous versions before installing.