XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

board with my tilt

Tip us?

gnafin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default board with my tilt

Well it's time to start to look for something new... i am getting board with my tilt.....what's new and cool comming out?

icewhitenewyear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sony Experia x1... September.
Past Devices
HTC/Cingular 8125
Palm Treo 750
HTC Kaiser (At&t Tilt)
Htc touch Pro (Att Fuze)
HTC G1
Iphone 3GS
Blackberry Bold
Palm Pre
Palm Pixi
Touch pro 2

JimmyMcGee
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee, XDA TV Admin
Thanks Meter 972
Did you Mean...

BOARD

or

BORED

????

Always Remember: STAY OFF MY LAWN!
Important Reading: XDA Mantra | XDA Wiki | Forum Rules
Device Database || Donate To XDA!
"I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my
personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may or may not have on the subject matter.

Devices: Motorola Xoom running Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
1 running Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy S III running SlimBean

Mod'Em
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think he meant Bord, which is the Swedish cousin of El Borg.

Yukka yukka.

So in all seriousness, the Kaiser is slow. Really slow. Like, too much software for too little processing power. I'm coming from a Treo 650, which did exactly what I wanted it to at lightning speed.

I'm seriously considering returning my Tilt and getting a 3g Steve Jobs Special or another Palm PDA.

I went from Palm Pilot -> Kyocera 6035 -> Treo 650 -> Kaiser. So far, I feel like the Kaiser impedes rather than enables my daily productivity.

Bleh.

-Mod

RogueTrooper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The Tilt is a great phone, what else do you need?

If you want something exciting why don't you pickup a new iPhone 3G? Seems to have a lot going for it..

-RT

Mod'Em
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTrooper View Post
The Tilt is a great phone, what else do you need?

If you want something exciting why don't you pickup a new iPhone 3G? Seems to have a lot going for it..

-RT
right now, I'm thinking I need more speed. The Tilt is very very slow compared to my Treo 650, even without overclocking the processor.

Also, the interface is more laptop PC, less cell phone. Five+ clicks per basic task = 4 too many. It's a mouse-and keyboard like interface.

Plus, Outlook Mobile is lame.

I dunno, I still have it and am flashing away to try and improve things. I like having control over my phone's software, hardware and OS, but I don't like having it be agonizingly slow.

-Mod

tropmonky
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mod'em is right about having extreme control over the hardware/software but it being just toooooo daaaaaang slooooooow.

I also firmly believe this is why I'm most definitely waiting for the next gen powered devices (UMPC's/MID's). These are most likely:
-Intel ATOM powered devices (X86 platform)
-NVIDIA Tegra powered devices (can you say 720p H.264 with the CPU/GPU/Chipset only taking up 1.3watts!).

But really, the hardware you see in the videos at the link below almost made me cry! Do yourself a favor and check them out!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/03/n...gra-on-video/2

Those videos show what I've been looking for in my mobile device. I think a Tegra chipset is in my future and going to be the device that takes me away from my tilt.