[June 18] Death V4 Business edition *NEW VERSIONs* up

Search This thread

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
to keep with the spirit of it being light, why cant audio manager just be kept out. i and im sure a lot of people never use it. theres already wmp and s2p which is the best. it just takes up craploads of space for nothing. same with opera 9. lots of people prefer opera mini but dont want it cooked in. besides i cant get opera 9 to even connect to the internet. all the other apps removed are great, but those have to be the two biggest. all the things taken out can be easily added back in and arent really needed to be built into the rom for speed and stability of the app. just my opinion and if it doesnt matter, fine with me :)

ok, i take the opera 9 part back. re-enabled the proxy and it works fine. dont know why you need the proxy to use opera 9. anyways, keep it in, the scroll is soo much smoother. now, is there anyway to make it the default browser? thanks

Last edited:

drbowden

Jan 10, 2007
Huntsville, AL, USA
Keyboard Problem!

Is anyone else having the bottom of the SIP keyboard cut off? I have changed SIPs a couple times, and the keyboard continues to be cut off at the level of the bottom bar.

Mark - super ROM for speed and stability, and I appreciate the business edition!

Dean

predo

Jan 25, 2006
Edinburgh
Is anyone else having the bottom of the SIP keyboard cut off? I have changed SIPs a couple times, and the keyboard continues to be cut off at the level of the bottom bar.

Mark - super ROM for speed and stability, and I appreciate the business edition!

Dean

sip keyboard ? do you mean just a normal on screen keyboard that pops up when in vertical mode? i have the same issue although i think i didn't have it just after installing the rom... but not sure.... deffo an error - i think i'll try my 3rd rom in 2 days tonight - duttys newest...

drbowden

Jan 10, 2007
Huntsville, AL, USA
Thanks!

sip keyboard ? do you mean just a normal on screen keyboard that pops up when in vertical mode? i have the same issue although i think i didn't have it just after installing the rom... but not sure.... deffo an error - i think i'll try my 3rd rom in 2 days tonight - duttys newest...

Yes, the on screen keyboard is my problem. Thanks for the response!

Dean

payluder

Sep 19, 2006
San Francisco
the camera works for me I removed my memory stick when i flashed my roms and hard reset everytime. My htc plugin is also removed maybe those things help but I have no problams with my camera and audio manager

Last edited:

dwsco

Jul 12, 2006
Progreso, Yucatan
Redmi Note 10 Pro
the camera works for me I removed my memory stick when i flashed my roms and hard reset everytime. My htc plugin is also removed maybe those things help but I have no problams with my camera and audio manager

You must have had the lucky flash or something. I always remove my sd card and do a hard reset (even though technically that's done automagically with the newer ROMs) but it didn't work for me. I'm reflashing now to see if it makes a difference but I'm not holding out much hope if it's not even working for Shogunmark..

RizwanKhan

Apr 10, 2008
Aiur
you read my mind :) thanks for the lite version mark exactly what i wanted.

will give you a mirror when i get home. thanks bro.

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Beta - Right?

I note the issues with the keyboard, camera, etc. The thread title doesn't say it, but this is still a beta right?

xidium

Apr 30, 2008
I'm lovin' the lite rom Shogun. Just a few issues.. The camera, as other people have stated, isn't working for some reason. Maybe something similar to the wifi issue, but with the camera? Also, I can't bet my touchpal sip to work. For the lite version it'd be nice if you could leave out the bigger programs like opera 9 and such. Anyways..very fast besides these issues, extremely responsive.

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Yup, I did!

Did you really revert back to 6.0? (like sig says)

I absolutely did. After 7 months of stock ROM I decided to make the journey into cooked ROMs in my attempt to get an updated Radio in hopes of getting a better signal at home.

I chose Dutty's Hybrid 6.1, and while it generally worked, internet access was misconfigured, and nothing could unconfigure it. For some reason, internet was ok, email was a no-go, and it would not substitute WiFi for the no-go. MyISP was setup as isp.cingulair (which is a very old protocol, being phased out), and no matter what I tried, I could not get the internet reconfigured. I tried different Radio's (from the AllTheWay list of compatible radios), but this was plain and simple a ROM issue ... ironically one which existed AFTER saying "Yes" to "I see you are on AT&T ... shall I install the AT&T communication settings" prompt!!!!

Since the ability to check my email (and to use the WiFi in lieu of the bad signal at home) is vital, I gave up, went to the HTC site, and redownloaded the very old AT&T stock ROM. Needless to say, everything is working again just fine (except I am still stuck with the old radio).

A cooked ROM is only 'everything' to the cooker, and the remainder of us have to put up with their choices (such as a heavily overloaded ROM which leaves virtually no storage space on the main device), but basic functionality is necessary. That is why I am looking at the Death ROM since it is based on the AT&T Tilt. I anticipate that everything that did not work for me with Dutty's Hybrid will be right with the Death series; and the creation of the lite version solves the 'no space due to overload' which is clearly present in the non-lite version. (Yikes!)

So my hopes ride high for the Death ROM! I am anxiously looking forward to the resported issues being resolved and for the ROM to leave beta, so that I can try again to leave the stock ROM.

By the way - for those who have flashed this ROM - does the Death ROM take care of the PTT issue (e.g., disable it and remap the buttons)?

drbowden

Jan 10, 2007
Huntsville, AL, USA
Slide 2 Unlock Problem too

S2U2 v1.05 is not working properly on this ROM for me. Together with the keyboard problem, I am going to go back to the full 4.1 (which worked well for me; just had many things I did not use).

I'll keep an eye on the thread and hopefully can reflash a later "Business Edition"!

Thanks again for your hard work, ShogunMark!

Dean

whk

Mar 8, 2008
Texas
By the way - for those who have flashed this ROM - does the Death ROM take care of the PTT issue (e.g., disable it and remap the buttons)?

No - it does not - but look in the full version thread - someone said that ShogunKaiserPTTv2 CAB does do the remap.
Bill

Last edited:

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
I think it does the opposite :)

No - it does not - but look in the full version thread - someone said that ShogunKaiserPTTv2 CAB does do the remap.
Bill

Bill - unless I misread, that cab collection is to reapply the AT&T PTT function (which is a ludicrous thought, since every time you hit that button you get a message that if you hit it again they will charge you $9.95 per month).

I just never got my head around those who manage to flash 5x a day. There are SO many things which need to be redone by hand including:

1) Disabling PTT and adding the registry entries to enable the buttons
2) Re-setting any AT&T connectivity settings if the cooker didn't do it right
3) Re-setting the email settings (the thread which discusses how to set up a CAB for that is somewhat convoluted)
4) Re-setting your wifi settings (which CAN be done by CAB)
5) Re-setting Owner information (which must be done before installation of any apps)
6) Unbacking up any PIM information
7) Reinstalling your apps (Sashimi should take care of this)

I am very interested in Sashimi as far as APP reinstallation, but most of the above still has to be done by hand. This is why I have never really gotten into the flashing game on the phone.

payluder

Sep 19, 2006
San Francisco
You must have had the lucky flash or something. I always remove my sd card and do a hard reset (even though technically that's done automagically with the newer ROMs) but it didn't work for me. I'm reflashing now to see if it makes a difference but I'm not holding out much hope if it's not even working for Shogunmark..

Anyone else NOT havin the camera problam? I'm wondering if I'm the only lucky person

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CE version: 3.55.502.1
    OS build: Windows Mobile 6.1 AKU 1.0.4 Build 19214

First and formost its impossible to thank everyone involved, so to keep it short and sweet im just going to thank the whole community!

There is no radio or splash that comes with this. Its an OS only!

This rom is preconfigured with ATT settings, however i have included the HTC Connection set up. *This DOES NOT run automatically

Included apps:
    Random Access
    Schaps advanced Config
    MOdaco app to date
    Black Keyboard skin
    BLack dialer
    TOtal Commander
    Clear temp
    6 button comm manager
    HHC
    Opera 9
    Rar
    Sms scheduler
    Netcf V3
    SQL 3.5

and tons of reg tweaks/fixes as well as numerous PLugins!

This lite version was built for the Business user in mind!

deathliteez1.jpg

**Screen shots show SOTI pocket controller, THIS IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROM

ROM LINKS BELOW
    phonesettings.dll needs to be replaced on at&t based roms in order to make the band tab available. Sometimes the chef will include this fix.

I use the attached cab. I also attached a phonesettings.dll that includes the band tab.

Thanks for the CAB. I appreciate it.