5,598,657 Members 39,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VOIP in WM61, done!

Tip us?

destr0
Old
(Last edited by destr0; 21st June 2008 at 06:21 PM.) Reason: Version 1.1, with missing today screen registry entries
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default VOIP in WM61, done!

After many tries without success, I finally managed to integrate in only one cab all the needed to get VOIP calls without the listener bug (rtcdll.dll) in my two devices. I checked it in HTC TYTN (Hermes) and HTC Trinity (P3600) runing both Windows Mobile 6.1.

The install method is simple. Download this file:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/124054481/destr0_VOIP_WM61___SIP_Config_1.1.CAB
And install in your phone.

Then, go to Today menu, Programs, Sip Config Tool, input your provider settings and save. Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Today, Items and check "Internet Calling". Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Phone, Internet, and select "Only if cellular is not available" or "whenever available" according to your needs.

Softreset your phone, and after that, connect to a wifi network. You will notice that in your Today screen, the VOIP line has changed from "No service" to "Available". If you want to make a VOIP call, click on this line, and will change to "Selected". All the calls you make from now on will be done using your VOIP line.

Hope it helps you!

mrvanx
Old
(Last edited by mrvanx; 19th June 2008 at 10:07 PM.)
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by destr0 View Post
After many tries without success, I finally managed to integrate in only one cab all the needed to get VOIP calls without the listener bug (rtcdll.dll) in my two devices. I checked it in HTC TYTN (Hermes) and HTC Trinity (P3600) runing both Windows Mobile 6.1.

The install method is simple. Download this file:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/123650406/destr0_VOIP_WM61___SIP_Config.CAB
And install in your phone.

Then, go to Today menu, Programs, Sip Config Tool, input your provider settings and save. Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Today, Items and check "Internet Calling". Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Phone, Internet, and select "Only if cellular is not available" or "whenever available" according to your needs.

Softreset your phone, and after that, connect to a wifi network. You will notice that in your Today screen, the VOIP line has changed from "No service" to "Available". If you want to make a VOIP call, click on this line, and will change to "Selected". All the calls you make from now on will be done using your VOIP line.

Hope it helps you!
Nice work, will test now.
Been a while since ive seen a single cab for the drivers and SIP config tool (thx shaun33).

EDIT:: fired the cab up in WM6 emulator device and the dll loads up nicely, sip config tool is there. Internet Calling today item shows up and the Internet tab appears in phone settings. Its good stuff....didnt need a soft reset either.
Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) - Rooted - ROM: N7105ZHDMA5 - KERNEL: Perseus - RECOVERY: TWRP
HTC Desire Z (Vision) - HT0AFRTxxxxx - Rooted - S-Off - ClockworkMod Recovery - Andromadus Mimicry

destr0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
please provide feedback for your devices, I checked in the two ones I have and it worked.

SIP config tool credits go to shaun33

daigoro64
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by destr0 View Post
please provide feedback for your devices, I checked in the two ones I have and it worked.

SIP config tool credits go to shaun33
Hi destr0, just installed on Kaiser (TyTN_II) with HyperDragon IIIm ROM (WM 6.1 "lite"). Registered and running to my VoIP provider like a charm.

Tomorrow I'll use/test it heavily at work (where we have an asterisk/sip as internal phone system)...

Thanks a lot for your sharing.
Nexus 5: [KK 4.4.2] Cataclysm + Franco kernel
GalaxyS III GT-I9300: [JB 4.2.2] TugaPower v17.0 (Thanks Daniel)
Eee Pad TF101: KatKiss-4.4.2r2 (Thanks Tim)
GalaxyS GT-I9000: [JB 4.2.2] CyanAOSP v8.0.0 Modem XXJVT (Thanks Shaunak)
LeoT8585: Duttys™_HD2_WWE_23163_LEGACY™_Ship, HSPL 2.08, Radio 2.14.50.04 (Thanks Dutty)
Kaiser130: ahmedfikry's wm6.5 light 23569v3, HSPL 3.34, Radio 1.70.19.09 (Thanks Ahmed)

Shaun33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dude,
Its awsome to see that that app is still kicking.
If you can think of any upgrades that would make it easier to intergrate with your cab shoot me a PM or catch me in the IRC chan.

IMate Jas Jam
Radio: 1.40

SIP Config Loader

Like my work?
How about a Donation for my time ?

Yusuke14
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Everything seems to be working ok on my AT&T Tilt 8925, but i dunno what to put for sip server and such. Tried going to tools, load config, from device and that brings up an error every time.
Device: HTC Inspire 4G
ROM: EnergyROM
Radio: 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M
RIL: 2.2.0201HM

Retired Device: AT&T Tilt 2 - HardSPL'd
ROM: EnergyROM
Radio: 4.49.25.95

It's only Illegal if you get caught...

destr0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
daigoro64, I have an asterisk server at work and even with it, calls go out through the wifi and reach the destination phone.

yusuke14, you have to create yourself a VOIP account. There are many providers, I personally use three from betamax: www.voipbuster.com, www.justvoip.com and www.intervoip.com. You can look at theis fares here: http://backsla.sh/betamax

Shaun33, of course your app still rocks! many thanks for it. I suggest you could have a list of sip servers in a dropdown box to be easier to configure for the first time

nikitto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Good work destr0. I keep it for next NiAx's Rom.

NiAx.Team
NiAx Rom: Trinity, Artemis, Hermes, Diamond, Polaris, Kaiser & Blackstone

John_A
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You listen from your external speaker or internal ? like normal call ?

destr0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_A View Post
You listen from your external speaker or internal ? like normal call ?
from the internal, like a normal call