[Update 26 Mar 2009] - Animated Diamond WP Theme v6 (VGA Update)
Here's my first attempt at releasing a theme for Marsware WeatherPanel (http://www.marsware.net/WeatherPanel/main.htm
). It is based off of storyr's PhatFinger III theme but modified to make it look as close as possible to the HTC Diamond's weather application. Tapping on the centre of the screen will bring up the detailed weather report as well as control buttons to gain access to Setup, Update, Radar Images, 6-Day Forecast, and Charts. Tapping on the centre again will return to the simple Diamond weather screen.
Checkout my Diamond WeatherPanel theme in action on you-tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Jx_brSqfY
PLEASE read the FAQ at the bottom of this post before adding new questions to this thread
NEWS (26 Mar 2009):
Psyki is working on VGA versions of my weatherpanel animations. For those interested check out post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1280
and stay tuned!
NEW (29 Jan 2009):
For those that use my Touchflo2D theme for ThrottleLauncher you may want to download the attached mod to my weatherpanel layout that integrates more with the overall look and feel of ThrottleLauncher as shown below. Mostly the mod is spacing changes as well as header and footer changes:
To install just unzip the attached file into the WeatherPanel\Themes\Manila folder, over-writing the default ones from the base theme.
Attention Omnia Users
: There's a really slick looking Diamond mod of my theme over at http://www.actualitemobile.com/forum...html#msg104305
Jan 22, 2009
- Completed WQVGA/Omnia layouts.
- Deleted ThrottleLauncher layouts. ThrottleLauncher 0.9.6 is now fully compatable with WeatherPanel so there is no longer a need to maintain TL-friendly layouts.
- Adjusted animated icons for Fog, Smoke, Dusty, and Haze (new animations and repositioned to be more in line with the rest of the animations)
- Fixed ALERT messages in VGA layout.
First of all, make sure you've installed Marsware WeatherPanel 2009 ([ http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357
1. Download the "Diamond WeatherPanel Theme" file from one of the following links:
WQVGA Devices (i.e. Omnia):
2. Extract the zip file and place in the root of your device's storage card. You should now have a "WeatherPanel" folder on your storage card.
3. Download the "WP fonts.zip" file attached to this post and unzip and place the two font files in the Windows\fonts folder of your device
4. For QVGA and WQVGA Devices
you need to download an animated icon set (sorry VGA users...there are no LARGE animations in VGA
For single play animations:
For looping animations:
Yes...these are the full icons...there are no longer any TRIAL icon sets...so enjoy! ...though I'd still appreciate donations if you enjoy my work! Donation link can be found below.
Unzip the icons place them into your WeatherPanel\Manila WP Icons\LARGE folder on your storage card.
5. In WeatherPanel options;
a) set Theme="Manila"
b) set Layout="Manila.wpl", "Manila-1line.wpl", or "Manila-5day.wpl"
c) select "Update Time"
d) clear "Don't Display Arrows"
e) set Icon Set to "Manila WP Icons"
6. Go to weatherpanel to setup your city and perform an "Update" to download the latest forecast.
I enjoyed putting the theme together and am very happy with the outcome. I hope you'll enjoy it as well. If you like my work and would care to make a donation towards my effort you can visit the following URL:
1. Cannot add cities. Cannot update weather forecast. Cannot see hourly graphs. Cannot see moon phases?
You're not running the latest version of Marsware WeatherPanel. You need to download the latest version of Marsware WeatherPanel with "Moon Phase" fix. You can get it at http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpan...74eb259626d0f0
2. No temperature displayed on main screen?
Try the following tip posted by mlalahoi. Go to Settings>System>Regional Settings and make sure you have one of the English language regions selected.
3. How to set up Radar images
See post #95 at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=95
4. How to change the language of the weather forecast
See post 576 at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=576
5. My city name is too large to fit in the space provided
By default when you add a city, Weatherpanel appends the country/state/province to the name...so remove this and chances are it will fit in the space provided. If there still isn't enough space you can manually edit the layout files and reduce the font size used for #CITY#. Alternatively...move.
6. The theme is too tall/short to fit on my screen!
If the default layouts do not fit your particular setup then you will need to adjust the height to fit your unique setup. To adjust the height of the main screen, edit the appropriate Manila wpl file and simply change the value of the ;HEIGHT variable.
7. How can I get these animations to work with HTC Manila TF3D/Manila2D/HTC Home/SPB Weather (or any other weather application)
See post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1320
for details on how to get this working with Manila2D.
8. WeatherPanel beeps when I click on icons
The only way to stop this is go to Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications and uncheck "Events (warnings,system events)"
9. Large icons do not display
Other WeatherPanel Quesions
Try searching the actual WeatherPanel forum at http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpan...1f18742405e37c
, chances are your question is answered in that forum.