OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Ipaq 612c/614c series known issues/resolution [HERE]

OP ferioz

23rd June 2008, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

72 posts
Hi every Ipaq 610/610c/612/612c/614/614c owners..

Two known issues that I have noticed

1. BT Headset (I use iTech that has FM feature, while connecting/call it has very loud hissing noise [it is literally unusable to talk over the headset).
2. The predictive text on the soft keyboard (not displayed by default). I manage to do some tweak on the registry and it appears BUT the keyboard hardware now can only input digits for all the 0-9 keypads. (no win-win situation yet)

Inviting all owners of these devices to list down the problems & the possible resolution to it.

I have attached the cab to enable the predictive text on soft keypad, you can always uninstall it if it doesn't suit your needs. I use more on soft keypad so I can go without the hardware button works perfectly.
Attached Files
File Type: cab IME_KB_Enable.cab - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 107 views)
26th June 2008, 09:13 PM   |  #2  

302 posts
More
As For The Bt Go To
Start/settings/sys/ipaq Audio/mic
Uncheck The "enable Agc"
Then Ok...
28th June 2008, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

72 posts
Tested and It works after soft reset. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EREZYAD

As For The Bt Go To
Start/settings/sys/ipaq Audio/mic
Uncheck The "enable Agc"
Then Ok...

3rd July 2008, 12:15 PM   |  #4  

28 posts
Camera
Camera could have been better! Does anybody know of any tweak or have any patch that can be applied to improve Camera quality of my Ipaq 612c.

Also I note that the battery drains pretty quickly as compared to other pocket pc phones i have owned in past, any solution for this?

Much appreciated to create this little thread for our minority 61X series.

Regards,
Anil
3rd July 2008, 02:46 PM   |  #5  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilhk

Also I note that the battery drains pretty quickly as compared to other pocket pc phones i have owned in past, any solution for this?

Anil, have you updated the rom to 1.01.00? That has fixes to address this issue. I see that my 612c lasts for two days on a single charge (which is what I have seen with other pocket pc phones/smartphones I own(ed)).

link to ROM
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=4014

Kallu
4th July 2008, 02:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

72 posts
Somewhat delay in hearing caller's voice
Ok, after a few observations, I notice I hear the caller's voice rather delay. Usually upon answering any call, immediately should hear the caller's say "Hello" (for e.g), but this, there was a second or two of silence.

Does anyone encounter the same? Could this be the radio stack?

I saw someone posted the 6.14 ROM with different radio stack version (later version, I think!), anyone has flashed it on your 6.12c unit?
24th July 2008, 04:05 PM   |  #7  

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallu

Anil, have you updated the rom to 1.01.00? That has fixes to address this issue. I see that my 612c lasts for two days on a single charge (which is what I have seen with other pocket pc phones/smartphones I own(ed)).

link to ROM

Kallu

Dear Kallu,

I have already tried to install the ROM, but can't do so with the Activesync or through the SD card. It tries but fails.
24th July 2008, 04:52 PM   |  #8  
Flag Warsaw

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilhk

I have already tried to install the ROM, but can't do so with the Activesync or through the SD card. It tries but fails.

What type of microSD card have you used? To update iPAQ via SD you have to use regular (non SDHC) card formatted to FAT16.
27th July 2008, 03:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 4

285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallu

link to ROM

Kallu

I just got a 612c (australian one) andthe FW is 1.01.04 with a revision date of 21/06/08 dunno where you guys can get it, but iassume it will becoem avaibale and may fix further issues
4th August 2008, 09:17 AM   |  #10  

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebranded

I just got a 612c (australian one) andthe FW is 1.01.04 with a revision date of 21/06/08 dunno where you guys can get it, but iassume it will becoem avaibale and may fix further issues

what is the FW and OS version (bootscreen) ?

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread