Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ipaq 612c/614c series known issues/resolution [HERE]

Tip us?

ferioz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ipaq 612c/614c series known issues/resolution [HERE]

Hi every Ipaq 610/610c/612/612c/614/614c owners..

Two known issues that I have noticed

1. BT Headset (I use iTech that has FM feature, while connecting/call it has very loud hissing noise [it is literally unusable to talk over the headset).
2. The predictive text on the soft keyboard (not displayed by default). I manage to do some tweak on the registry and it appears BUT the keyboard hardware now can only input digits for all the 0-9 keypads. (no win-win situation yet)

Inviting all owners of these devices to list down the problems & the possible resolution to it.

I have attached the cab to enable the predictive text on soft keypad, you can always uninstall it if it doesn't suit your needs. I use more on soft keypad so I can go without the hardware button works perfectly.
Attached Files
File Type: cab IME_KB_Enable.cab - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 107 views)

EREZYAD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As For The Bt Go To
Start/settings/sys/ipaq Audio/mic
Uncheck The "enable Agc"
Then Ok...
Erez yadgar

ferioz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tested and It works after soft reset. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EREZYAD View Post
As For The Bt Go To
Start/settings/sys/ipaq Audio/mic
Uncheck The "enable Agc"
Then Ok...

anilhk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camera

Camera could have been better! Does anybody know of any tweak or have any patch that can be applied to improve Camera quality of my Ipaq 612c.

Also I note that the battery drains pretty quickly as compared to other pocket pc phones i have owned in past, any solution for this?

Much appreciated to create this little thread for our minority 61X series.

Regards,
Anil

kallu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilhk View Post

Also I note that the battery drains pretty quickly as compared to other pocket pc phones i have owned in past, any solution for this?
Anil, have you updated the rom to 1.01.00? That has fixes to address this issue. I see that my 612c lasts for two days on a single charge (which is what I have seen with other pocket pc phones/smartphones I own(ed)).

link to ROM
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=4014

Kallu

ferioz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Somewhat delay in hearing caller's voice

Ok, after a few observations, I notice I hear the caller's voice rather delay. Usually upon answering any call, immediately should hear the caller's say "Hello" (for e.g), but this, there was a second or two of silence.

Does anyone encounter the same? Could this be the radio stack?

I saw someone posted the 6.14 ROM with different radio stack version (later version, I think!), anyone has flashed it on your 6.12c unit?

anilhk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallu View Post
Anil, have you updated the rom to 1.01.00? That has fixes to address this issue. I see that my 612c lasts for two days on a single charge (which is what I have seen with other pocket pc phones/smartphones I own(ed)).

link to ROM

Kallu
Dear Kallu,

I have already tried to install the ROM, but can't do so with the Activesync or through the SD card. It tries but fails.

KalifPL
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilhk View Post
I have already tried to install the ROM, but can't do so with the Activesync or through the SD card. It tries but fails.
What type of microSD card have you used? To update iPAQ via SD you have to use regular (non SDHC) card formatted to FAT16.

thebranded
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallu View Post

link to ROM

Kallu
I just got a 612c (australian one) andthe FW is 1.01.04 with a revision date of 21/06/08 dunno where you guys can get it, but iassume it will becoem avaibale and may fix further issues

saxxon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebranded View Post
I just got a 612c (australian one) andthe FW is 1.01.04 with a revision date of 21/06/08 dunno where you guys can get it, but iassume it will becoem avaibale and may fix further issues

what is the FW and OS version (bootscreen) ?