[Q] Suggest a music player !
First, I'm not new to the subject. Over the years I've used GSPlayer, MortPlayer, Nitrogen, WMP and various flavors of TCPMP. However, two things happened recently:
- I've switched from Dell Axim X51v to Touch Pro 2 - so finger friendliness is a must.
- I started using WMP media sync on the desktop.
What it means... the WMP puts every album in its own folder. So say I have a dozen MP3s of same artist, from ten different albums. They will be arranged in ten different folders. And synced that way. In the past, I would manually rearrange the songs. But this is tedious, and really unneeded on PC - WMP makes it very easy to quickly play songs by an artist without worrying about folders. When I had a burned HD and had to restore my entire music collection, I just left them the way they are. When using a player with library support on the phone, it's easy to play all songs by an artist.
Well, here's the issues I had with players:
WMP - well, it does have an equalizer as I just found (silly me...) not that easy to get to but it will do.
Mort Player - great functionality, but relatively slow to start; most other players start up almost instantly. Since I use player mainly in the car, I don't want to wait for it to get up while I am driving.
GSPlayer - no big button finger friendly skin that I know of, otherwise great.
Nitrogen - love it, but no library support. And no recursive directory selection mode, so the songs have to be added individually. Would be the player of choice otherwise.
TCPMP - I did find a couple of builds that support skins with large buttons. The one that I ended up with is just a tad slower to start than Nitro, still fast. No library support but the recursive directory selection mode basically replaces "All songs" feature. However:
- there's no way that I know of to make recursive directory selection a default mode - does anyone know if there's a way to do it ?
- Instead of showing album art JPGs it plays them. I.e. if I hit the skip button it treats art as a file to be played. Is there a way/setting to fix it ?
- Also, which build would you suggest for TP2 with stock Sprint 6.5 ROM ? This is probably what I will end up with for now.
Any help / suggestions appreciated.