5,593,587 Members 38,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SPC error on *228 w/Cricket, need to edit SPC/MSL to 000000, possible?

Tip us?

runrunrun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SPC error on *228 w/Cricket, need to edit SPC/MSL to 000000, possible?

I know my spc- Cricket has my esn- my min = mdn = msid... I have a Cricket prl, but at *228 I get a PSC failure message, a one minute freeze and soft reset.

I cannot find how to intentionally change one's spc/msl- is it possible?

amoamare
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
Look around their is a solution already posted...
On top of that if you do not want to reset you're MSL to 000000 and you know it. Just manually program the phone. You do not need to OTA the phone if you have you're MSL, MIN (MSID) and MDN.

runrunrun
Old
(Last edited by runrunrun; 28th June 2008 at 08:51 PM.) Reason: found solution
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
Look around their is a solution already posted...
On top of that if you do not want to reset you're MSL to 000000 and you know it. Just manually program the phone. You do not need to OTA the phone if you have you're MSL, MIN (MSID) and MDN.
I've seen your cricket rom for the 6800 on Hofo- but, before I get into booting roms, I would like to just have a functional phone for the weekend Or maybe a week...

I've already used my psc to update the prl, and edit the mdn, etc... I've used the 1040, and 1041 prls, and still have the psc error at *228...

using drivers from here I was able to get diag working. Found the com port the phone was in via pc's device manager (was 16), updated that com in qpst (clicking on the qpst globe and adding that port), opened qpst's service programming, then just entered my msl, clicked read from phone, loaded the phone's info, rewrote the msl to 000000 and clicked write to phone- unhooked, *228, viola' no psc error... no more

I get cricket with *228, but that's the only call that's going out on the phone...

I would rather just get the phone recognized by qpst and use service programming(?) to edit the msl- just not sure how to do that yet. I've read others having to use a 6700 driver to get their 6800 recognized- will I need to disable active sync as well?

ug

Thanks- This is stressful