Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tytn Camera

OP Zero|Cool

1st July 2008, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 3

208 posts
More
Hello you guys. I don't have a macro mode since I bought the phone (to another person). It looks like the phone is always in landscape mode. When I pull that button on the back of the camera (to choose between the modes modes) nothing happens. In addition when i push the button up (landscape mode) it doesn't go till the end of that "mini path"(dont know how to call it ).

Here's a pic of what i mean:

I hope u can help me. I found this problem because my grilfriend bought a hermes too (from VDF UK) and in hers the macro mode actually work's.
1st July 2008, 06:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Riverside, CA
Thanks Meter: 29

418 posts
More
Did the previous owner ever disassemble the phone? I think the cameras mode selection lever can function improperly if it isn't in the correct position during reassembly.
1st July 2008, 07:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portugal

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzelaya18

Did the previous owner ever disassemble the phone? I think the cameras mode selection lever can function improperly if it isn't in the correct position during reassembly.

No he didn't. As a matter of fact HTC did. It had that problem with screen alignment. It is still in warranty but i already CID, unlocked, changed radio & rom So I dont know what to do...
1st July 2008, 08:29 PM   |  #4  
Forum Administrator
Thanks Meter: 3,914

11,489 posts
HTC along with other repairers often forget to line up the small arm on the camera with the toggle switch on the back cover (As the above poster says).

If you have no warranty then remove the back cover and line up the camera arm with the switch - and test before putting the screws back in.

It's a fiddly job but not difficult - may take you a few attempts, that's why you should not put screws back in until you have checked it's working.

Here you can see the black lever arm on the right side of the camera. It needs to be lined up with the switch on the back cover. It is often forgotten when re-assembling:

Mike
Last edited by MikeChannon; 1st July 2008 at 08:38 PM.
1st July 2008, 08:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portugal

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechannon

HTC along with other repairers often forget to line up the small arm on the camera with the toggle switch on the back cover (As the above poster says).

If you have no warranty then remove the back cover and line up the camera arm with the switch - and test before putting the screws back in.

It's a fiddly job but not difficult - may take you a few attempts, that's why you should not put screws back in until you have checked it's working.

Here you can see the black lever arm on the right side of the camera. It needs to be lined up with the switch on the back cover. It is often forgotten when re-assembling:

Mike

May I break the device by doing that? Or the camera? Im saying because I tried to push it harder up, but nothing happened...
1st July 2008, 08:59 PM   |  #6  
Forum Administrator
Thanks Meter: 3,914

11,489 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero|Cool

May I break the device by doing that? Or the camera? Im saying because I tried to push it harder up, but nothing happened...

Don't force that lever, you could snap the plastic! If the switch is not linked to the lever it will not work.

Taking the back cover off will VOID your warranty. If you do not have a warranty then you can either take it for repair or do it yourself. If you take it for repair just tell them the back has been put on with the switch disengaged from the lever.

If you do it yourself you will need to remove the 4 screws with a Torx 6 screwdriver. Open the case at the bottom end first preferably using a "case opening tool" or a plastic knife. There are small plastic grroves all around and you need to gently prize the case off.

Then the fiddly bit. Try to set the arm of the camera fully up and the switch on the case in the same position. With luck the switch will engage the lever. This may take several attempts before you get them matched up.

Mike
1st July 2008, 10:42 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portugal

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechannon

Don't force that lever, you could snap the plastic! If the switch is not linked to the lever it will not work.

Taking the back cover off will VOID your warranty. If you do not have a warranty then you can either take it for repair or do it yourself. If you take it for repair just tell them the back has been put on with the switch disengaged from the lever.

If you do it yourself you will need to remove the 4 screws with a Torx 6 screwdriver. Open the case at the bottom end first preferably using a "case opening tool" or a plastic knife. There are small plastic grroves all around and you need to gently prize the case off.

Then the fiddly bit. Try to set the arm of the camera fully up and the switch on the case in the same position. With luck the switch will engage the lever. This may take several attempts before you get them matched up.

Mike

Thanks for your reply Hum I have CID the phone, unlocked it and everything. Is there a way to set it back to the original state? If yes ill take it to warranty, if not ill do it myslef

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread