Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Shift Project Release: SSPL and HardSPL - the way to custom ROMs and more!

OP cmonex

9th July 2008, 06:24 PM   |  #11  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 49

3,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid

Nice !! Can't wait to use the built-in GPS on the SnapVue side..

Finally I can run PocketReperion so I can find my shift back if it's stolen.

....voice...to follow later....serious... Cmonex, if you had to put a percentage of chance that we will get Voice working, what would the percentage be ?? 50%-50% ?

hey

IIRC you have the beta hardSPL flashed, yes? I recommend updating it with this final one (only difference is this has overwrite protection while the beta did not - because of that, you can also update the beta one by using CustomRUU and the RUU_Signed.NBH from the final package after it extracts.)
as for voice, chances are a bit better I think.
9th July 2008, 07:01 PM   |  #12  
Flag Espoo Finland
Thanks Meter: 0

265 posts
More
congratulations Guys Congratulations Its The Only I Had To Say...
9th July 2008, 07:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag Espoo Finland

265 posts
More
I Need Help....
Hello my friends i did the hardspl and everything went well but my question is that why the wm6 became again like before i mean is not liberated again do i have to liberated from the begining again??? because now i cant connect to vista like before with the usb tool....so please tell me.......
9th July 2008, 07:28 PM   |  #14  

34 posts
Many thanks...
9th July 2008, 07:50 PM   |  #15  
Flag Budapest

3,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimisxxx

Hello my friends i did the hardspl and everything went well but my question is that why the wm6 became again like before i mean is not liberated again do i have to liberated from the begining again??? because now i cant connect to vista like before with the usb tool....so please tell me.......

yes it performs a hard reset.
don't despair, soon you can flash liberated rom and then you can forget about how to do manual liberation
9th July 2008, 09:50 PM   |  #16  
hangover
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Hello and thanks for SSPL & HardSPL!!

I'm wondering how to build these custom ROMs..?
Are you dumping the ROM from TytnII/Kaiser and edit until the ROM is small enough? Is any Software out there to edit the Filesystem from dumped ROMs?
Many weeks ago i've heard about a ROM that supports GPS - why didn't you release it with the bundle? Any Bugs?
9th July 2008, 09:56 PM   |  #17  
Flag Budapest

3,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tece

Hello and thanks for SSPL & HardSPL!!

I'm wondering how to build these custom ROMs..?
Are you dumping the ROM from TytnII/Kaiser and edit until the ROM is small enough? Is any Software out there to edit the Filesystem from dumped ROMs?
Many weeks ago i've heard about a ROM that supports GPS - why didn't you release it with the bundle? Any Bugs?

no, not using a kaiser ROM. but you can dump the ROM from Shift in the same way as Kaiser, I think pof also posted about this before. also we have some HTC rom updates, will try to upload them to crapidshare or something soon.
the current rom base with the GPS has an issue so we are porting the GPS to a newer rom base then release that.

as for rom editor tools, a kaiser kitchen with the rom base changed to a shift rom, will work. i.e. the rom tools from kaiser kitchen are compatible.
9th July 2008, 10:30 PM   |  #18  
Flag Kent

63 posts
Shift display has gone blank
Hi help is needed here, I followed installation instruction and obtained USB\ROOT_HUB\4&188A10ED&0 disabled. I've now got shift working, will try again. Thanks.
Last edited by feyisetan; 9th July 2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Problem solved
9th July 2008, 10:37 PM   |  #19  

22 posts
Wow, good work!

Are there already any custom Shift ROMs out there..?
9th July 2008, 10:54 PM   |  #20  
Flag Budapest

3,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feyisetan

Hi help is needed here, I followed installation instruction and obtained USB\ROOT_HUB\4&188A10ED&0 disabled. I've now got shift working, will try again. Thanks.

try after removing battery, and with freshly booted vista and snapvue.
make sure the WMDC is running with USB enabled in it. that seems to help.

if nothing else helps, then when you get to that disabled message, and it doesn't move after maybe 2 minutes, Ctrl+C, etc., then hibernate vista etc. (as described above).

EDIT: ah I see you added: problem solved. what was the exact way to solve it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread