Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

you tube not workin on HTC handset

Tip us?

xero01uk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default you tube not workin on HTC handset

over the last few days youtube hasnt been working for me when i click on the video i want to view the program says connecting then after a few seconds it says 'unable to connect'

can anyone help please

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4499
**This is not intended as a flame**

A) This topic has been covered 9,999,999,999,999,999e10 times on the forum before
B) You need to provide more information. (ROM version, program being used for YouTube, etc...)

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 537
SEARCH and you will find the answer to you question. (See my sig for a link.) As NotATreoFan stated, this has been asked and answered.
It amazes me that people just drop into the forum and ask a question providing no information about their device or what they have done already to troubleshoot their issue. (In most cases this is because they have done nothing.) Rather conceited of you to think that YOUR configuration is the only one. There are thousands of device\Rom\radio\apps combinations out there. Even if we wanted to help you we couldn't since you have given us ZERO information about your device. All we know is it is an HTC Handset, which means it is one of a dozens of different possibilities.
Don't waste your time, and forum space, by posting generic questions like this. In fact, don't even respond to me. Just go search for your answer.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.

denco7
Old
(Last edited by denco7; 15th July 2008 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
SEARCH and you will find the answer to you question. (See my sig for a link.) As NotATreoFan stated, this has been asked and answered.
It amazes me that people just drop into the forum and ask a question providing no information about their device or what they have done already to troubleshoot their issue. (In most cases this is because they have done nothing.) Rather conceited of you to think that YOUR configuration is the only one. There are thousands of device\Rom\radio\apps combinations out there. Even if we wanted to help you we couldn't since you have given us ZERO information about your device. All we know is it is an HTC Handset, which means it is one of a dozens of different possibilities.
Don't waste your time, and forum space, by posting generic questions like this. In fact, don't even respond to me. Just go search for your answer.
Wow ! And I thought I had a problem with caffeine in the morning. Sounds like he may have meant is there a problem with you tube. But I could be wrong.

xero01uk
Old
(Last edited by P1Tater; 15th July 2008 at 04:25 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post

well excuse me for asking a "mod edit" simple answer, jesus this is a good way to loose members "mod edit", jesus i wont "mod edit" bother in future

xero01uk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan View Post
**This is not intended as a flame**

A) This topic has been covered 9,999,999,999,999,999e10 times on the forum before
B) You need to provide more information. (ROM version, program being used for YouTube, etc...)

ok so my rom version is 1.56.405.5 radio version is 1.27.12.11 and the program is 'streaming media' by htc version 2.20, hope that helps

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4499
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero01uk View Post
ok so my rom version is 1.56.405.5 radio version is 1.27.12.11 and the program is 'streaming media' by htc version 2.20, hope that helps
The Kaiser does not have native support for YouTube. You should download and install a program called TCPMP, and also download the FlashVideoBundle plugin for it. I cannot point you to a specific link because there are several different versions of TCPMP/FlashVideoBundle, so you have to experiment and find which one works for the ROM you are running.

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

xero01uk
Old
(Last edited by P1Tater; 15th July 2008 at 04:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for a quick reply, at least some people are decent on here, but after comments like that off other members in not coming back...

this community needs some decent members!!!!

denco7 go "mod edit" yourself

JimmyMcGee
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee, XDA TV Admin
Thanks Meter 982
You QUIT Flaming other members. This only make you as bad as them.

The reason they told you to search it this. If you had used the Search function and entered "how to play youtube" you would have found a bunch of answers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=385227

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=320962

So What have we learned here.

1. Youtube is not supported Native.
2. Search Will yield Results, I promise.
3. You catch more flys with honey versus vinegar.
4. Don't be rude, even if someone else "started it."

Follow these rules and you will have a happy forum life.

Always Remember: STAY OFF MY LAWN!
Important Reading: XDA Mantra | XDA Wiki | Forum Rules
Device Database || Donate To XDA!
"I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my
personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may or may not have on the subject matter.

Devices: Motorola Xoom running Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
1 running Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy S III running SlimBean

P1Tater
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero01uk View Post
well excuse me for asking a "mod edit" simple answer, jesus this is a good way to loose members "mod edit", jesus i wont "mod edit" bother in future
I understand your anger but in the future, please don't swear at other members unless you want to enjoy a vacation at BANville. Read the flashing red message in my signature or follow the link to the forum rules to understand why I edited your post.

Thank you for understanding.