[LG Ks20] [20Oct09] WM6.1 KisS20.5b Rom (5.2.20755) [WWE]
Tadam, here it is, the long awaited (vaporware ?
), KisS20.5 rom. It might not bring you everything you expected, nor will it turn your ks20 into a brand new touch hd or whatever, but I think it's a bit better than KisS20.4.
As you've all waited for a long time, I'm also releasing a beta KisS20.x, work in progress on wm6.5 builds.
But, first, thanks to everyone who helped me building this rom here on xda and on Forum Mobiles, and special thanks to misterJP whose great work made all this possible.
::Tools & help:
MisterJp, CopsFrance, Bepe, Ervius, No2Chem, Da_G, Cmonex, rickou26, weapons.b, farahbolsey, thorfr
Thanks to them. Forgive me if I forgot somebody.
::Based on Diamond : CE 5.2.21109, build 20718.104.22.168 (full Xip+Sys Port)
::Based on 10E (february 2009 - spanish rom) for Modem/OEM/Drivers part
::Built with homemade kitchen
::For the start, only WWE version available
The philosophy behind this ROM is to have a small/optimized OS that could be easily personnalized. That's why I've only included small apps that don't evolve so much. Thanks to Preset Installer compliancy, all you have to do is to follow this tutorial
to have your favorite apps automatically installed at first boot (you can choose for the apps you want, you're not forced to install everything). For those who prefer a zero effort Out Of the Box Experience, I'm also providing my own PI Package (it needs more work, but it's a good start). If you build one and want to share (only free apps, please), contact me and I'll update this post.
This rom is almost clean and most of the personalization stuff are in PI package, so if you want to do it by yourself, just don't install it.
I hope it's stable for everybody, if no bugs are found, I'll make localized builds. I'm still working on graphic driver replacement, but it's more complicated than I 1st thought, due to the fact that ks20 underlying drivers are built for wm6.0 and not wm6.1 (drivers architecture changed a bit, which makes almost any driver replacement break some dependancies)
For those who ask why flashing this rom over their stock lg rom :
::More speed (thanks to lots of optimizations)
::More stability (thanks to latest available lg drivers)
::Less battery consumption (thanks to WM6.1)
::Bugs fixed (but some are still there)
What I didn't do :
* Didn't fix the gsm reload and backup battery bugs on recent builds. It doesn't impact KisS20.5 and has a low impact on KisS20.X build)
* Didn't include Extendir because it takes almost 10mb of ram, and there are still a few bugs (incompatibilities with some .net apps). As soon as it's good for our device (this shouldn't be long), I might update the rom to include it.
* Didn't include NetCF3.7 because it's a beta that has some compatibility issues (and don't include directx support).
* Didn't make a LZX version : need to do some tests to be sure it doesn't impact performance (doesn't seem it does, but I prefer to be sure). Anyway, it's not very useful as we wouldn't gain any program memory until someone (
) fixes the tools used to rebuild the rom.
- Microsoft Office One Note Mobile
- Sample Music
- Welcome Center
- LG Java Mobile
- Microsoft Office 6.1
- PocketRar 3.8
- Total Commander 2.5
- FdcSoft Pim Backup 2.8
- FdcSoft Task Manager 3.1
- Esmertec JBed (2009 version)
- VOIP still doesn't work (not a real bug though, as it doesn't work either in official LG rom)
- KisS20.5 : to have battery display in taskbar -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\ShowTi tleBarClock=0
- KisS20.X suffers from gsm reload (shouldn't be a real problem), "backup battery very low" popup when battery is fully charged (both are due to drivers incompatibilities). There are also some issues directly related to wm6.5 build (each build has its owns bugs). No, 21234 "final build" is not bug free, it's more an "api freeze", so I guess the best is to use recent builds and hope upcoming builds will fix more bugs than they will add . If you only have 1 icon in start menu (the today icon), restart your phone and try to wait a few seconds more before entering your sim code.
Depending on the feedback I have, I may release a small rom update to fix possible bugs. If you don't want to flash twice in a week, you might want to wait a few days before flashing to be sure it's stable.
- THIS ROM IS ONLY TARGETED TO UNBRANDED PHONES.
- If you have a branded phone, make a backup of your nv2 using LGMDP and then unbrand your nv2 using one of the tools present in "NV TOOLS" folder (both should work)(don't worry, you can do the opposite operation anytime you want). If you have any question, ask here. Flash to 20.4 or other unbranded rom and restore your newly unbranded nv2 (with LGMDP connected in normal mode)
- READ CAREFULLY THE ABOVE LINE PLEASE
- OK, ONCE AGAIN, JUST TO BE SURE.
- If you want to use Preset Installer pack, it's time to unpack it to your sdcard
- Connect Ks20 to LgMdp in Emergency mode as described here (or use the tutorial/drivers/software pack from ibanezman192 located in post 3)
- Choose "Select Image", then click on "Original" button
- On the first line, select the folder where you expanded the rom. Following lines should be filled automatically
- Click on start and go drink some beer
- When flash is finished (in approximately 10min), if you're using preset installer, it will prompt automatically so that you choose the cabs you want to install. When it's finished, reboot your phone and start using it
- [20 Oct 2009] KisS20.5b Rom 5.2.21109 / Build 20722.214.171.124
:: Removed Extendir (caused lag when resuming from standby with a sdcard containing many files)
:: Upxed a few more files
:: Added a few bluetooth tweaks to increase a2dp audio quality (thanks holy_moly)
:: Minor adjustments
- [10 Aug 2009] KisS20.5a Rom 5.2.21109 / Build 207126.96.36.199
::Fixed secondary camera
::Fixed Battery icon not showing
::Moved Taskbar customization from rom to Preset Installer Package
::Updated a few tweaks
- [11 Jul 2009] KisS20.X Rom 5.2.23004 / Build 23004.5.3.0
This rom is a work in progress on wm6.5 and still has the few famous bugs. Although this generally doesn't prevent a normal use, if you absolutely need a stable rom (for work or whatever) or plan to use an Ui replacement (SPB, Manila...) which makes titanium useless, I suggest you to use the wm6.1 KisS20.5 until we manage to fix those annoying bugs (it might be a little bit faster, and use 5Mb less ram).
Apart from wm build, it's the same than KisS20.5.
- [11 Jul 2009] KisS20.5 Rom 5.2.21109 / Build 207188.8.131.52
::eek:nly unbranded version with latest Radio available (10E)
::Updated KS20 drivers to latest stock LG rom (10E - february 2009) + some other devices (Lg Incite, Toshiba G810)
::Added hardware acceleration support for most of the games available.
::Patched kernel + some drivers for better performance
::Rewrote Lg InitApp (1st boot is faster / cleaner)
::Rewrote Camera Patch to have a faster load (c++ instead of .net)
::Wrote a small Shutdown app (shortcuts in Startmenu\System). You can use it in scripts with parameters : you can softreset (-r), hardreset (-h), shutdown (no param), + possibility to remove confirmation popup (-s).
::Changed "User Customization" to "Preset Installer" (you can choose programs to install on 1st boot).
::Fixed A2DP without the help of SRS Wow HD
::Removed SrsWowHd (you can still install it afterwards if you want)
::Updated apps (EsmertecJBed, PocketRar)
::Added direct access to Lg internal apps (engineer menu...)
::Added Arthemus' dialer skin/taskbar
::I knew it was a weak point on KisS20.4, so I really worked hard to optimize memory. There is almost 50% free memory more than in KisS20.4 (more than 51Mb free on 1st boot in KisS20.5, 46Mb on KisS20.X).
Thanks a lot for your support.
:: Sarde57, Demiurge, Neko78, Thorfr, Flogal, Majorasshole, MigueldC, Laurent M., Theodork, Ludovic G., Sprioux, Roinou, Giboks20, Nheric, Junfeng85, Oti_76, PauloJ5, Fabian S., Jean T., willoute76, Andre F, xenon_art, scylla69, KilledKenny, holy_moly, nimmanarati, Pedro N., Atone2009
As usual, I'm not responsible if your phone gets bricked, explodes or pops your cat.
Links in post #3 below.