View Poll Results: Are you agree that Noobs should have their own Forum (and SubForums)?
1. Yes, someone should save them from humiliation and extinction 5 71.43%
2. Nada, let's bash them everytime you got the chance 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Noobs Forum! Why Not- Let's Noobs Unite!

OP schizo

17th July 2008, 08:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 5

362 posts
More
Hi Devs!

I'm a noobs here and I would like to express my gratitude to this wonderful forum by giving one suggestion. If I may, that is

You see, I already read so many examples of the problem with noobs-nagging and noobs-bashing phenomenon here. The last one I read is this thread which unfortunately has been closed by the mods, so I cannot post there (so please don't bash me too ). So here I am with a new thread and below is my suggestion:

Why don't we just create a new forum specially made for, maintained by, and populated by Noobs? (in other words: Let's Noobs unite! LoL)

The reason I suggest this is because no matter how hard you try to deny, the fact is still: people will always varied in level of understanding on technical things and purpose of joining a forum. And we still need to accomodate every single of them, nevertheless, since there is no way to forbid noobs to join this forum anyway. Rite? Some even so noobs that either they don't know HOW to search or don't know WHAT to search. Yet, they are still resources, and may have future potentials once groomed well.

So why don't we make it like a school, with grades and levels. For our lovely forum maybe we can just divide into two class: devs and noobs, for simplicity sake.

IMHO, if this is agreed then it will serve 2 purposes:

1. Saving mods and senior member times, so these people can focus more on the development side rather than spending days and hours changing napkins and spoonfed-ing the noobs

2. Saving the noobs from embarassment and humiliation of being bashed because of their lack of knowledges and will to learn. Let them help each other, hey, even noobs has different level of skills you know. So whenever one got smarter, he/she will usually help others with his/her newly-found knowledge. At least that what I did, and that what I also observed happening here. These noobs will still have help from senior members who has more time and capacious heart to stand the noobish stupidity.

Actually, the "general" forum has more or less served to this purpose for quite a while. But I saw it got mixed, because sometimes there are important thread too in this forum and it get buried to the bottom too soon because of noobs stupid questions. Not a very good fit

So there, my suggestion, might need many constructive ideas from all of you to make it more perfect. Such as, how to divide this forum into sub-forums, who will maintain/mods, etc. Thanks, can't wait to see positive responses...
Last edited by schizo; 17th July 2008 at 08:47 AM.
17th July 2008, 09:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 0

431 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizo

Hi Devs!

I'm a noobs here and I would like to express my gratitude to this wonderful forum by giving one suggestion. If I may, that is

You see, I already read so many examples of the problem with noobs-nagging and noobs-bashing phenomenon here. The last one I read is this thread which unfortunately has been closed by the mods, so I cannot post there (so please don't bash me too ). So here I am with a new thread and below is my suggestion:

Why don't we just create a new forum specially made for, maintained by, and populated by Noobs? (in other words: Let's Noobs unite! LoL)

The reason I suggest this is because no matter how hard you try to deny, the fact is still: people will always varied in level of understanding on technical things and purpose of joining a forum. And we still need to accomodate every single of them, nevertheless, since there is no way to forbid noobs to join this forum anyway. Rite? Some even so noobs that either they don't know HOW to search or don't know WHAT to search. Yet, they are still resources, and may have future potentials once groomed well.

So why don't we make it like a school, with grades and levels. For our lovely forum maybe we can just divide into two class: devs and noobs, for simplicity sake.

IMHO, if this is agreed then it will serve 2 purposes:

1. Saving mods and senior member times, so these people can focus more on the development side rather than spending days and hours changing napkins and spoonfed-ing the noobs

2. Saving the noobs from embarassment and humiliation of being bashed because of their lack of knowledges and will to learn. Let them help each other, hey, even noobs has different level of skills you know. So whenever one got smarter, he/she will usually help others with his/her newly-found knowledge. At least that what I did, and that what I also observed happening here. These noobs will still have help from senior members who has more time and capacious heart to stand the noobish stupidity.

Actually, the "general" forum has more or less served to this purpose for quite a while. But I saw it got mixed, because sometimes there are important thread too in this forum and it get buried to the bottom too soon because of noobs stupid questions. Not a very good fit

So there, my suggestion, might need many constructive ideas from all of you to make it more perfect. Such as, how to divide this forum into sub-forums, who will maintain/mods, etc. Thanks, can't wait to see positive responses...

noobs will be saved from embarassment as to what you call it if they have done their homework. no need for a thread or section for noobs, it's just a waste of bandwidth. I got 3 simple steps for yah!

1. read the WIKI - thats why it's there, it has a purpose, not just an ornament for this website.

2. use the search function - if you're lost and need information, good ol google search is there. tnx for the dev team that it was incorporated with xda-dev.

3. READ a LOT - read read and read more. try to understand what is happening to a section in a thread. reading is fun, it makes us wiser.

if above doesn't help you then post a thread. it's time to call-out the cavalier and repplies will be given to a smart question.

got it?
17th July 2008, 09:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 5

362 posts
More
I'm bashed..! LoL. But it's ok, no hard feeling.

You take me wrong brother. Actually all effort to encourage noobs to follow the established rules should not be stopped at all. It should be there, in Wikis, in Stickys, in many of our signatures. I couldn't be more agree.

But, as I said, no matter how hard you try to enforce your hammer of "shuddup and read the wikis for OMFG", or as IT guys jargon: RTFM (Read The F Manual)! It will still happened, every now and then.

Please see the link to closed thread in my post #1 to be more clear. Please see threads in General Forum also to be more clear, the forum is polluted with "help.. i'm newbie" kind of threads.

So, again, instead of busy hammering people, why don't we just make a forum for stupid noobs to fool themselves, and maybe for them to learn something and help each other in getting smarter together.
Last edited by schizo; 17th July 2008 at 09:28 AM.
17th July 2008, 01:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 154

1,090 posts
poll is useless

man i don't know what you did before and how were you treated somewhere

but we all were noobs and by reading and learning from others and our experience we got of the noob bench

no noob is treated badly or laughed out or is banned for asking and learning or humiliated...ever

so if you have a question

1.search
2.read wiki and forum
3.and if you read enough and haven't found the question or answer...ask it yourself

you will probably get the answer and wont be humiliated
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread