how do you install .net compact framework 3.5 on you HTC?

4th November 2008, 11:04 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

224 posts
i have the same installation error as the last two posters. i tried killing every program i can and i still get the error
Last edited by djskaw; 4th November 2008 at 11:07 PM.
7th November 2008, 03:39 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
Unhappy
me too !......still can not install netcf v3.5 !!
8th November 2008, 09:18 AM   |  #13  

46 posts
Smile
After 2 days searching high & low through internet all discussion session, still can not find a solution. Therefore I made a self tracing and tried all kinds of method, at last I found a solution without doing a hard reset !!
(: rename mscoree.dll under windows\ to mscoree.dll.txt
re-install netcf v3.5
no more any error code comes up
thats it !!
15th November 2008, 04:03 PM   |  #14  

1 posts
I am running a tytn II, with the same problem. Install, i get the error. I can't uninstall, atleast not when I try through the 3.5 installer (remove or repair) or the "remove programs" on the kaiser.

I have hard reset the phone 2x,and regardless of whether I am installing from the exe or the cab file on the phone, still get the same error as everyone else.

This past time, i tried changing the name of the mscoree.dll under windows\ to mscoree.dll.txt and mscoree35.dll to mscoree35.dll.txt

same problem. I'm really beyond annoyed. Can someone help?
15th November 2008, 08:30 PM   |  #15  

1 posts
have a sprint diamond, how do i check which version i have and if its the newest?

it seems like all the programs i try and install say it requires a newer version than the one installed on the device but its only a month old so im not sure.. any help would be great..

thanks!!
2nd December 2008, 01:44 AM   |  #16  

4 posts
I have the same question. I've searched all over and can't find an explanation of what .Net 3.5 is or how to find out if I have it already. I have a Sprint (CDMA) HTC Touch Diamond. Thanks.
21st January 2009, 02:51 PM   |  #17  
Flag Antwerp

111 posts
More
I had the same problem on my HTC Kaiser, but I found a solution.
I found a program that acts like safe mode on a computer.
So if you install that program and restart in safe mode (you need to select safe mode when you boot), you will be able to install the compact framework 3.5.
Probable some locked files prevent the normal installation.

The program is an evaluation version, limited to 14 days, but since you only need it for the framework, you don't need to keep if you don't want to.

The app: SafeMode 3
7th February 2009, 03:04 PM   |  #18  

1 posts
...still not working on my touch diamond.
i've renamed the dll and tried the safe mode app. But I still get the same error.
btw: i have this problem since i installed a cooked rom.
16th February 2009, 10:12 AM   |  #19  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 325

2,066 posts
Thanks. Was also having the install issue (I had previously installed and then removed 3.5 but good old ms clearly didn't remove correctly).
Renaming mscoree.dll worked (I tried mscoree2.5.dll before but that didn't work as it was in use so I couldn't rename that).

Glad it worked, was facing dropping back to previous backups or installing a task manager to kill processes (a good task manager program will show all your processes), just to reinstall 3.5.
1st March 2009, 05:40 PM   |  #20  
Susteren/Echt

79 posts
More
another thing that goes wrong with the 6.5 wm and tf3d installed:

when you go to the movies, and you put your phone into vibrate, with the left volume keys, the phone goes into vibrate fine,

but when you set it back to full volume, the next time someone calls, it only vibrates, you have to go to: Settings, Sound and change the ringtone manualy to make it ring again...

Sorry, Wrong Forum...
Last edited by larsjeee; 1st March 2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread