Screen Problem - line on screen

Search This thread

jmh7

Jul 19, 2008
Hello, I've had my diamond about a week, looked after it, no physical damage to it as far as i noticed...

but just been browsing and notice a small line about 1cm long across the screen only visible on light background, rainbow coloured. would this be a scratch underneath the screen? i dont feel any roughness on the outer screen. how would this happen, any solutions? cheers.

Unchained

Oct 29, 2007
Nienburg
Hello, I've had my diamond about a week, looked after it, no physical damage to it as far as i noticed...

but just been browsing and notice a small line about 1cm long across the screen only visible on light background, rainbow coloured. would this be a scratch underneath the screen? i dont feel any roughness on the outer screen. how would this happen, any solutions? cheers.

Same here...

mightycaz

Jul 15, 2008
Thats a fault with the screen, I work for a big TV company and that is the most common fault we see in our service centre! is it a green line? if so then its probably some dust on an internal connector, According to our engineers its easy to fix but invoves taking the whole screen off!
(this is how it works with TV's im pretty sure its the same with a phone screen!)

Mucato

Jun 10, 2008
That's funny, I recently noticed the exact same kind of scratch on mine.
I can only tell with a white background though...

Mucato

Jun 10, 2008
That happened to me aswell. Just do a soft reset, it worked for me :D.

We're not talking about the same thing here.
In my case, it's clearly a scratch considering I can see it with the device turned OFF under the right lighting conditions (and at a certain angle).

I can't tell if it's the screen protection or the actual screen that's damaged though and I don't really care to try to find out :cool: