Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Problem - line on screen

Tip us?

jmh7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Screen Problem - line on screen

Hello, I've had my diamond about a week, looked after it, no physical damage to it as far as i noticed...

but just been browsing and notice a small line about 1cm long across the screen only visible on light background, rainbow coloured. would this be a scratch underneath the screen? i dont feel any roughness on the outer screen. how would this happen, any solutions? cheers.

Unchained
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh7 View Post
Hello, I've had my diamond about a week, looked after it, no physical damage to it as far as i noticed...

but just been browsing and notice a small line about 1cm long across the screen only visible on light background, rainbow coloured. would this be a scratch underneath the screen? i dont feel any roughness on the outer screen. how would this happen, any solutions? cheers.

Same here...

mightycaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thats a fault with the screen, I work for a big TV company and that is the most common fault we see in our service centre! is it a green line? if so then its probably some dust on an internal connector, According to our engineers its easy to fix but invoves taking the whole screen off!
(this is how it works with TV's im pretty sure its the same with a phone screen!)

Mucato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That's funny, I recently noticed the exact same kind of scratch on mine.
I can only tell with a white background though...

ma3a20
Old
Thanks Meter 3
That happened to me aswell. Just do a soft reset, it worked for me .

Mucato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma3a20 View Post
That happened to me aswell. Just do a soft reset, it worked for me .
We're not talking about the same thing here.
In my case, it's clearly a scratch considering I can see it with the device turned OFF under the right lighting conditions (and at a certain angle).

I can't tell if it's the screen protection or the actual screen that's damaged though and I don't really care to try to find out