Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[KITCHEN] Raphael Kitchen (From JugglerLKR and JCEspi2005)

OP jcespi2005

3rd November 2008, 09:50 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonski

Some Wiki pages for other devices contain the info on which raw file to use to get the OS.nb (which can also go into the Kitchen) .

Also some kitchens already have the function to recognize the Raw files in it self.

Thanks again for your time.. I will stray out some old kitchen wiki's...
Hope to pick up a lead there.
4th November 2008, 06:51 AM   |  #92  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 24

1,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen

I'm really sorry to keep asking... but you got me puzzled...
Maybe I have a wrong idea of what a NBH file is... What is an NBH file? Does it contain the ROM? Or is it just a file to be able to extract a ROM?

How can I obtain an NBH file from the 4 .raw files that I extracted from my device?

How did the first person manage to get an NBH file, and where from?

Well, this is the way i use "search" function myself...

go www.google.com and try search for NBH file XDA the go first result link that take you to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289830 and in the first post you have a link to the NBH definition in the Wiki

There are some threads on how to use the search to get correct results... like this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298893 ...

Hope this helps you a bit...

Cheers
4th November 2008, 09:52 AM   |  #93  

36 posts
Smile
Thanks for your patience... it got late yesterday... but I got some answers.. :)

The only thing I can't find yet, is how to extract my own .nbh file from my device... I can find someone else's though, but want to be sure to leave my device as it was, except 2 or 3 programs that I add to the ROM...

Thanks again for the lead!
4th November 2008, 09:56 AM   |  #94  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

1,986 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your patience... it got late yesterday... but I got some answers.. :)

The only thing I can't find yet, is how to extract my own .nbh file from my device... I can find someone else's though, but want to be sure to leave my device as it was, except 2 or 3 programs that I add to the ROM...

Thanks again for the lead!

You can extract the NBH file from your device, instead you can extract Part01.RAW and Part02.RAW necesary to reconstruct your device ROM into NBH file... The raw files you extract don't include any data or software you installed on your device, only the ROM.

Part01 is XIP (like Kernel in any OS) and part02 is OS files.

Cheers
4th November 2008, 02:07 PM   |  #95  

36 posts
Thanks jcespi2005 for taking the time to help!!!

Everytime I think I understand it, it turns out I don't... :-s

I managed to dump Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw from my device.

Just to be sure, from what I understand, is that the ROM is inside the package called "RUU_Signed.nbh". But the ROM is also inside the .raw files.
And I need to extract the .raw files to get the .nbh file. Right?

So I am confused... because when I use the "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62", I need sombody elses "RUU_Signed.nbh" file in order to extract the ROM from my own device.
4th November 2008, 07:30 PM   |  #96  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

1,986 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks jcespi2005 for taking the time to help!!!

Everytime I think I understand it, it turns out I don't... :-s

I managed to dump Part00.raw, Part01.raw, Part02.raw and Part03.raw from my device.

Just to be sure, from what I understand, is that the ROM is inside the package called "RUU_Signed.nbh". But the ROM is also inside the .raw files.
And I need to extract the .raw files to get the .nbh file. Right?

So I am confused... because when I use the "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62", I need sombody elses "RUU_Signed.nbh" file in order to extract the ROM from my own device.

you need three files to start, two from your dump (part01 and part02) and one from a shipped WWE ROM (RUU_Signed.nbh). The kitchen dump the content from part0X and then packages using the RUU_Signed.nbh (OS.NB file inside). This is why shipped ROM is needed. Two basic process to get it working, first extract with option E on main menu, and when finish cook it with option C. That's all

Cheers
4th November 2008, 08:00 PM   |  #97  

36 posts
I get it now... pfff... another day of straying the posts...

You're a patient man! Thanks for your help!

I (think I) finally understand...

- Extract the .raw files from my device.
- Use "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62" to extract a shipped RUU_Signed.NBH.
- Mess with the OEM part of the shipped ROM to add or remove auto-installed programs etc.
- Use "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62" to cook the adjusted extracted RUU_Signed.NBH OEM file AND my original Part01.raw and Part02.raw into a new .NBH file.
- Replace the original RUU_Signed.NBH from the shipped ROM with my new .NBH file.
- Flash my device.

Did I get this right?
9th November 2008, 09:40 AM   |  #98  
Recognized Developer
Flag Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 514

745 posts
Donate to Me
Ok, for some odd reason, I am now getting the 1/4th Screen Bug too. I had been fine the past few days using your 62 kitchen, but then tonight for some odd reason, I started getting the 1/4h screen bug. I was afraid it was my device but flashing a different custom rom was fine. Also seeing that someone else had already described the bug, eased my mind. Any ideas?
9th November 2008, 09:04 PM   |  #99  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

1,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinsLament

Ok, for some odd reason, I am now getting the 1/4th Screen Bug too. I had been fine the past few days using your 62 kitchen, but then tonight for some odd reason, I started getting the 1/4h screen bug. I was afraid it was my device but flashing a different custom rom was fine. Also seeing that someone else had already described the bug, eased my mind. Any ideas?

What is the 1/4th screen bug?
9th November 2008, 10:02 PM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 2

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcespi2005

What is the 1/4th screen bug?

A qvga program on a vga screen, my guess

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread