[KITCHEN] Raphael Kitchen (From JugglerLKR and JCEspi2005)

OP jcespi2005

11th November 2008, 04:38 PM   |  #111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 24

1,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcsabre

LOL I'm actually following that one But for the workflow..?

mmmm

- port XIP, boot and test
- if working, port SYS, boot and test
- if working, delete OEM packages, boot and test
- if working, do the special tweaks, boot and test

I beleave you can't port only the XIP, cause XIP/SYS are related, and at least you need some files from SYS be ported with the XIP...

Quote:

IMP: There may be chances that although the XIP is working fine, but the windows are seen as QVGA versions. The solution to that is either of the below
XIP & SYS of the same builds or
XIP and the OS\Gwes.exe and \Base_Lang_0XXX\Gwes.exe.0xxx.mui files from same build

11th November 2008, 04:47 PM   |  #112  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesire

thats my problem... winrar won't even extract the txt file as soon as it encounters the password protected kitchen executable. it just creates a empty folder.

Open the RAR in winrar rather than extracting it.

You should then see a text file and another RAR.
11th November 2008, 11:13 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
RecMod.exe is crashing on my XP when extracting a ROM , is this a known problem ?
(Seems like this occurs when when executing "..\Tools\ImgfsToDump.exe imgfs.bin")

This is the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439662

(Trying to fix Swedish keyboard)

/Rgds, HansN
Last edited by HansN; 11th November 2008 at 11:44 PM.
16th November 2008, 12:14 AM   |  #114  
Flag VinaRock

15 posts
More
NetCF 3,5
Hi
I have trouble with NetCF 3.5. I tried a few I've found here (zip) but I do not have good results.
JCespi, in its Spanish Rom is included NetCF 3.5 and works well. I may indicate a download site? We need to modify any register?

Thank you
16th November 2008, 01:49 AM   |  #115  
Flag Irvine

47 posts
More
Well, thanks to NATF and the rest of the team here I have now created my first few ROMs. There is still, so much to learn...

One quick question regarding the OEM Packages. I was wondering if I needed to modify the Raphael Packages in order to include them into the package dir so that I could use them later with Ervius? I tried just moving Raphael Packages from OEM to package directories, but when I ran Ervius it did not find those packages. It did however find the other OEM Packages that I pulled over from the Kaiser OEM Package.

Thanks again
16th November 2008, 02:48 AM   |  #116  
Flag Irvine

47 posts
More
A helpful tool for newbies in the Kitchen is DiffMerge (free software utility http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/) that allows you to view the differences in folders and files. It is a great tool when you want to see what some of the master tool builders are doing in their development. It has really helped me to compare standard builds to custom ROMs.

Basically, download the standard shipped ROM (following the tools provided by jcespi2005 in this thread), and extract it into one RaphaelKitchen Folder, so that you have your SYS and OEM folders

Next, download your favorite Custom ROM and install it on your phone and extract the RAW files using itsutilbin.

Now you can create another RaphaelKitchen-2 Folder and create a new set of OEM and SYS folders using the Raphael Kitchen now with your favorite Custom ROM image.

Finally, you can use the DiffMerge tool to compare both Folders, and you can find the changes made by the master chef. The tool will even let you view all the text based files so you can see all the edits to the rgu, provxml, and txt files...

Hope this helps some of the new chefs out there...
16th November 2008, 07:37 PM   |  #117  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

1,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansN

RecMod.exe is crashing on my XP when extracting a ROM , is this a known problem ?
(Seems like this occurs when when executing "..\Tools\ImgfsToDump.exe imgfs.bin")

This is the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439662

(Trying to fix Swedish keyboard)

/Rgds, HansN

Not all ROMs are usable in the Kitchen...
Try a shipped or dumped ROM (or unprotected...) for better results

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfoyrodolfo

Hi
I have trouble with NetCF 3.5. I tried a few I've found here (zip) but I do not have good results.
JCespi, in its Spanish Rom is included NetCF 3.5 and works well. I may indicate a download site? We need to modify any register?

Thank you

Link to the .NET 3.5 packaged...

http://rapidshare.com/files/164422853/NetCF3.5.zip

Cheers
17th November 2008, 01:39 PM   |  #118  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcespi2005

Not all ROMs are usable in the Kitchen...
Try a shipped or dumped ROM (or unprotected...) for better results

So if the ROM cant be used in Kitchen directly, I can install it and then dump it to RAW files that kitchen can use, right ?

/Rgds, Hans
17th November 2008, 04:36 PM   |  #119  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

1,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansN

So if the ROM cant be used in Kitchen directly, I can install it and then dump it to RAW files that kitchen can use, right ?

/Rgds, Hans

The problem is not the way to use the ROM in the kitchen, but the way the cooker modify the ROM to make it unusable into any kitchen.
There are some methods to do this, one is delete RGU files just before doing imgfsfromdump, other one is use of "all_packages_to_one" tool (that deletes the RGU files too and modify the DSM and package info files), and some other are modifying the IMGFS header inside the OS.NB file making the imgfs partition unextractable, so sorry to say this, but if some ROM is unusable into the kitchen, there is no way to use it...

Cheers
17th November 2008, 08:46 PM   |  #120  
Flag VinaRock

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcespi2005

Link to the .NET 3.5 packaged...

http://rapidshare.com/files/164422853/NetCF3.5.zip

Cheers

thanks.....