XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to force a program to start and run minimized on start up

Tip us?

heartpumper77
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to force a program to start and run minimized on start up

I was wondering what type of changes I have to make to the registry or the lnk or exe file to get a program to run on startup and minimized?

Thanks

irus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well this is how i do it, make a mortscript that runs that app waits a couple of seconds then use vijay555 ok button app to close it. thats the best way i know how.
In H&T
irus
PG #68

HTC X7500 WM6.1 > AT&T fuze > AT&T Tilt2 > AT&T Captivate :\ > AT&T Atrix

kareeem
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
It doesn't really have to do with the registry and is pretty simple. Just get the .lnk or .exe and navigate to Windows>Startup and whatever you want to start up, just place the shortcut there.
If I have helped you in any way, shape or form, please consider donating to the Syrian American Council (SAC) to help aid the helpless refugees.

heartpumper77
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I have done that and the program starts, I would like it run minimized though...

Thanks

sean222
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Yea it can be done with MortScript. I did it. Your script should look something like:

Run ( HiCalculator.exe )
Sleep ( 5000 )
Minimize ( HiCalc )

You have to refer to the mortscript manual for more info.
Basically the above script starts the program, waits 5 seconds, then mortscript will look for the window title and minimize the window

mr_deimos
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
Yea it can be done with MortScript. I did it. Your script should look something like:

Run ( HiCalculator.exe )
Sleep ( 5000 )
Minimize ( HiCalc )

You have to refer to the mortscript manual for more info.
Basically the above script starts the program, waits 5 seconds, then mortscript will look for the window title and minimize the window
Even better way to do this is to use the WaitForActive() command. It waits for a window to become active, but no longer than a defined time period.
Code:
Run ("HiCalculator.exe")
WaitForActive ("Hicalc", 5000)
Minimize ("HiCalc")
This way if the window is displayed after 1 second, the script minimizes it and ends. Your version would always wait 5 seconds before minimizing the program, no matter how fast it's launched - why waste so much time?

sean222
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_deimos View Post
Even better way to do this is to use the WaitForActive() command. It waits for a window to become active, but no longer than a defined time period.
Code:
Run ("HiCalculator.exe")
WaitForActive ("Hicalc", 5000)
Minimize ("HiCalc")
This way if the window is displayed after 1 second, the script minimizes it and ends. Your version would always wait 5 seconds before minimizing the program, no matter how fast it's launched - why waste so much time?
Nice! Thanks As you know the Mortscript manual is huge, I just skimmed through it

heartpumper77
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys,

Guess I will be reading more of the Mortscript manual....