Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 44,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

diamond unlock free

Tip us?

fex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default diamond unlock free

I posted links to a free Diamond unlocker on here last week and subsequently recieved a 7 day ban.
The ban stated the reason was "posting other peoples work".

I didnt know if the software was working,fake,safe or easy to use as my device is already unlocked but in the nature of xdadev forums i posted it in case it was of use to anybody.

I most definately didnt claim the software as my own nor did i try to profit from the work of others.

I guess it upset somebody as like i said i recieved a weeks ban for my efforts which i think was kinda harsh considering.

Wouldve have been a bit more civil to have just removed the post,links and PMed asking/demanding that i dont post the software here or anywhere else and i would have happily complied.

**** i still dont know who banned me and for what reason exactly but i aint complaining about a poxy 7 day ban that was easily bypassed by logging in as a guest to browse the forums, just wouldve been nice to been asked a question before being shot.

Just for the record

adwinp
Old
Thanks Meter 136
If your post was legitimate (which I don't know if it was), surely somebody was jealous and wanted his own work promoted.
Wouldn't surprise me if he even wants money for it.

O_o

zaphyr
Old
Thanks Meter 19
It's cuz the devs are charging money for unlocking the devices. They say it will be free later, so I guess until then nobody else can start giving out codes for free.

There's a couple of posts about it in the ROM Dev thread

fex
Old
(Last edited by fex; 9th August 2008 at 01:45 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwinp View Post
If your post was legitimate (which I don't know if it was), surely somebody was jealous and wanted his own work promoted.
Wouldn't surprise me if he even wants money for it.
Yea thats what happened as far as I can see.
The software I aquired is being sold by the dev/devs which is fair enough if they feel its worth the asking price and theres a market then **** it
let them eat cake.

My reason for this post was just that I didnt care for the way the matter was dealt with by banning me with out so much as a valid reason or reply to my attempts to contact them over the last week.

I also posted to state the fact that i didnt claim the software to be mine or attempt to gain financial or kudos rewards for the post.

If like I stated I had been approached with the facts rather than just getting banned I would have happily removed the link and file from my hosting and even blagged that the software I had was a fake if that would have appeased the powers that be and kept the coin rolling in for the dev/devs.

The fact is the unlock solution is now in the wild and its probably pissed on theyre chips.

Also im now getting unsolicited PMs asking for the software and I aint the ignorant type.

I can understand people being pissed off as i was unintentionaly offering for free what they was selling but i just think the matter could have been dealt with differently.

Fex

adwinp
Old
Thanks Meter 136
I think that the software author in general has the right to ask for a remuneration for his hard work, if he feels like it.
I know exactly the feeling.

But what bothers me, is exactly what you've described: the WAY it's been delt with.

fex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I think that the software author in general has the right to ask for a remuneration for his hard work, if he feels like it.
I know exactly the feeling.

But what bothers me, is exactly what you've described: the WAY it's been delt with.
I wholeheartedly agree with you mate which is why like I mentioned If I had been informed I would have if able to, happily taken measures to repair and repent my minor discretion

imranbashir_uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I understand where you’re coming from innocent until proven guilty and all that. But, sh*t happens then you die... so don’t worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fex View Post
The fact is the unlock solution is now in the wild and its probably pissed on theyre chips.
I also agree with you regarding the unlocker is out in the wild. It’s available on bit torrent and various online forums mostly in foreign languages...

I do like the idea that they have come up with which is to give it out for free to people who support this site and charge the ones that don’t as its most likely these people who will go on to profit out of the software by selling it on as a service.

adwinp
Old
Thanks Meter 136
hint hint:

well, one of the names it goes by is libera_diamond.

vkoulbal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
im sure someone in this forum selling that...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414835 see the link and any question of who banned you will be solved my friend...
my mobiles
htc S200 prophet
htc P3300 artemis tom black&blue 4.3
HTC x7500 athena SPL3.5 WWE_WM6.1_R4.0-MiChY
and now HTC DIAMOND
[SIGPIC]

Futuro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
hint hint:

well, one of the names it goes by is libera_diamond.
I already found it.... used it... and... IT WORKS!...
Just unlocked 16 Diamonds from Portuguese TMN!...

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe