Dual Sim Card Problem, ETEN X600

Search This thread

makany

Jun 14, 2008
hy all,

I bought a dual sim card holder:
6e4_1_big_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5ZFMRyavU&feature=related

...but it isn't work in my pda. x600 can't recognise, it want to "INSERT THE CORRECT SIM"

what would be the solution? some kind of accesories? is it the wrong of WM6?

Thanks in adv.

Last edited:

ktemkin

Jul 25, 2007
Binghamton, NY
If I'm not mistaken, those 'dual SIM card holders' are just fancy pieces of plastic that hold your second (non-active) SIM in place so you don't lose it. As they're not themselves a piece of device hardware, there's no way the issue could be related to Windows Mobile 6.

Any problem related to the Dual SIM card holder itself would have to be related to the SIM not making contact correctly with the reader pins on your device. Make sure it is seated as firmly as possible, with the gold pins on your device touching the gold pad on your SIM in a flush fashion. If your device still refuses to recognize the SIM, or the SIM won't sit flush against the reader, it's probable that your device's internal design prohibits the use of the holder- there just isn't enough space.

However, I'm not completely convinced that your error is the fault of the holder. If it's asking for the correct SIM instead of reporting no SIM, the error is probably that your phone is Service Provider locked for the carrier of that card. Are you able to use the SIM(s) independently of the holder? Does the branding on the SIM match the provider information on the phone?

makany

Jun 14, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, those 'dual SIM card holders' are just fancy pieces of plastic that hold your second (non-active) SIM in place so you don't lose it. As they're not themselves a piece of device hardware, there's no way the issue could be related to Windows Mobile 6.

Any problem related to the Dual SIM card holder itself would have to be related to the SIM not making contact correctly with the reader pins on your device. Make sure it is seated as firmly as possible, with the gold pins on your device touching the gold pad on your SIM in a flush fashion. If your device still refuses to recognize the SIM, or the SIM won't sit flush against the reader, it's probable that your device's internal design prohibits the use of the holder- there just isn't enough space.

However, I'm not completely convinced that your error is the fault of the holder. If it's asking for the correct SIM instead of reporting no SIM, the error is probably that your phone is Service Provider locked for the carrier of that card. Are you able to use the SIM(s) independently of the holder? Does the branding on the SIM match the provider information on the phone?

Let me explain! when I insert the card holder with the 2 SIM card (which working perfectly indepently each other) the WM6 say exactly: "NO SIM CARD, INSERT ONE" I try 3 other sim cards but didn't work either one, so in my opinion it is the fault of WM6 cause the card holder work in a cell phone perfectly.

so, does some kind of applications exist, which is made WM6 compatibile to use this card holder?