10th August 2008, 11:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

1,771 posts
More
For Feather Weather 2, click HERE
Portrait Version Now Available!
The smallest weather app available has just gone on a diet, it started at 950kb and now comes in at a lightweight sub 850 kb. Its been slimmed down in size but not in weather data available. The new TotalClock cab has the full five day and current conditions within the clock panel itself. Check out the screenshots below, you only see one day at a time for a nice clean look. Hit the right soft key to advance thru the days and when you done, it has a timer to reset itself to current conditions after 60 seconds of non-flipping of the forecast pages.

For those who would rather have it seperate, the original version still uses a seperate forecast panel along with current conditions only in the clock panel. But even though it hasn't changed, I have managed to squeeze another 100 kb off of it.
On the original version clock panel you get info for current: temperature, icon, real feel temp, winds, humidity, visibility, barometer, uv level, cloud cover, precipitation, sunrise, sunset, air quality levels, and dewpoint. Also, on the clock panel you get tomorrow's forecast: conditions, hi/lo temperatures, real feel high temps, winds, and estimated precipitation.
On condensed clock panel, there is current temp, current condition icon, time, and todays Hi/Lo temperatures. So if you dock your clock, you will always have weather and time showing on homescreen.
And for a full forecast, there is a 5 day forecast panel that can be enabled or disabled. The forecast pages have info for: day, date, conditions, hi/lo temperatures, precipitation estimates, uv levels, and winds expected.

Both have a user set time interval for the updates depending on your needs, wants, or data plans. Just go to setup and specify the interval in minutes. The default is 30 minutes. The forecast data updates every 8th time weather update runs, that way you get updated forecast info every 4 hrs if you use the default for current condition updates.

To install: For now, install to main memory, I'm working on either or version.

Download the cab. After installation, it should prompt you to restart. If it doesn't, then restart your phone to set new clock panel in place. After reboot, wait about 10 seconds and the FeatherOptions will run automatically. Go to Setup and set all of your info, good idea to go ahead and set your right soft key on the clock panel at this time. After setup, exit options by selecting "Run Weather Update and Exit".
That's it, your done.
NOTE: I beleive I worked out my problem with mortscript registering itself, but if it doesn't auto start the options after 10 seconds, then go to FeatherWeather folder in Program Files and click on Mortscript.exe .

To uninstall: First download the ResetClockPanel.zip below. Unzip and then place the .mscr file on your phone. Run it with File Explorer, this will reset your clock panel. Now go to Settings/Remove Programs and uninstall the cab.

City Location Codes:
For anyone that needs to find their city code, use this link and change the location in this url to the name of your city and then go to it and it will give a list of all cities worldwide that have that name. Get your location from there and enter it exactly as it appears in the quotes, but do not use the quotes.
http://hadle.accu-weather.com/widget...ation=calcutta
So, for this link above, if you were looking for Calcutta, India. Go to this link, and you will see a line like this:
<location cnt="1" city="Calcutta" state="India(Bangla)" location="ASI|IN|IN036|CALCUTTA" />

So your location to enter in to options would be :
ASI|IN|IN036|CALCUTTA

This should work for cities worldwide.

Feather currently is installed with a slim panel layout only. If you want more dll or cpr options, they are easily installed with FileChanger. Those are more homescreen customizations than they are weather customization, thats why they aren't in here.

For landscape phones: If you don't want the slim panels, I have standard panels cpr and mini panels cpr that work specifically with FeatherWeather. They are in the Featherscprs.zip below. Just install with the FileChanger app or copy into windows folder. Click on the File Changer in my signature below for the File Changer thread and download.

New Portrait versions below, the last 2 cabs that names end with "P" are the portrait versions. Portrait versions updated 8/19/08 with new cpr. If you already installed, you can download the cpr zip only and install to windows directory.

Check out these new portrait layouts provided by Kron2:

Make sure you get the landscape or portrait version you need, first 2 are Landscape, last 2 are Portrait

NOTE: There was a slight change in the feed. So after installing one of these cabs, please go to Post #101 and download the forecast fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap002.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	106882  
Attached Files
File Type: cab FeatherWeather.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (848.8 KB, 1499 views)
File Type: cab FeatherTotalClock.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (828.1 KB, 920 views)
File Type: zip feathercprs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.9 KB, 576 views)
File Type: zip CHome_240x320.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.2 KB, 512 views)
File Type: cab FeatherWeatherP.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (865.4 KB, 869 views)
File Type: cab FeatherTotalClockP.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (827.9 KB, 727 views)
File Type: zip ResetClockPanel.zip - [Click for QR Code] (367 Bytes, 687 views)
Last edited by showaco; 25th October 2008 at 11:51 PM.
10th August 2008, 11:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 14

759 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco

Here's the smallest Weather app available. It weighs in at only 950 kb. Its been slimmed down in size but not in weather data available. It has current conditions and a five day forecast.
On the clock panel you get info for current: temperature, icon, real feel temp, winds, humidity, visibility, barometer, uv level, cloud cover, precipitation, sunrise, sunset, air quality levels, and dewpoint. Also, on the clock panel you get tomorrow's forecast: conditions, hi/lo temperatures, real feel high temps, winds, and estimated precipitation.
On condensed clock panel, there is current temp, current condition icon, time, and todays Hi/Lo temperatures. So if you dock your clock, you will always have weather and time showing on homescreen.

And for a full forecast, there is a 5 day forecast panel that can be enabled or disabled. The forecast pages have info for: day, date, conditions, hi/lo temperatures, precipitation estimates, uv levels, and winds expected.

It has a user set time interval for the updates depending on your needs, wants, or data plans. Just go to setup and specify the interval in minutes. The default is 30 minutes. The forecast data updates every 8th time weather update runs, that way you get updated forecast info every 4 hrs if you use the default for current condition updates.

To install: Download the cab or the zip file. The zip file has the exe file for installing thru ActiveSync, just unzip it first. After installation, it should prompt you to restart. If it doesn't, then restart your phone to set new clock panel in place. After reboot, go to start menu and run FeatherOptions. Go to Setup and set all of your info. After setup, exit options by selecting "Run Weather Update and Exit".
That's it, your done.

To uninstall: Go to Settings, Remove Programs and uninstall the cab. It won't change your clock panel back, but it will remove everything else. To revert clock panel back, install an original cpr or cpr of your choice.

Feather currently uses a slim panel layout, but I will add more support if anyone wants standard or fat panels. If you want more dll or cpr options, they are easily installed with FileChanger. Those are more homescreen customizations than they are weather customization, thats why they aren't in here.

how is it that you have 3g on that phone what service provider do you have?
10th August 2008, 11:33 PM   |  #3  
Retired Moderator
Flag Broken Arrow, OK
Thanks Meter: 5

903 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSolja

how is it that you have 3g on that phone what service provider do you have?

show doesn't have a dash. he has a blackjack and is on the at&t network
10th August 2008, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

1,771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgedaddy

show doesn't have a dash. he has a blackjack and is on the at&t network

shhhhh!! I'm masquerading as a dash.
11th August 2008, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 0

344 posts
Nice and sweet and at that size, I'm downloading now and disabling NRG Mini Weather to see how it compares but the size is the enticing factor me, cool, thanks
12th August 2008, 09:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

1,771 posts
More
First post updated with two new cabs, here are the standard sized panels and the mini sized panels cprs that work with Feather below in the zip file. I also included the slim cpr for going back to.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sshot014.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	105723   Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot007.jpg
Views:	11695
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	105724   Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot003.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	105733   Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot004.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	105734   Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot000.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	105735  

Name:	sshot001.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	105736   Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot008.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	105738  
Attached Files
File Type: zip feathercprs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.9 KB, 228 views)
Last edited by showaco; 12th August 2008 at 09:47 PM.
13th August 2008, 12:33 AM   |  #7  
Retired Moderator
Flag Glendale, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 3

1,632 posts
More
Good weather application. Seems nice, but I will give it a shot later to see how it works...
16th August 2008, 01:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

475 posts
showaco are you going to make Feather weather for 240x320 screen i have a shadow and would love to try your weather loveing your sports app
Last edited by kron2; 16th August 2008 at 02:04 AM.
16th August 2008, 04:46 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

1,771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron2

showaco are you going to make Feather weather for 240x320 screen i have a shadow and would love to try your weather loveing your sports app

The app only needs the cpr file adjusted for the clock panel layout to be ready to go. I have no way to test the layout, so it would be a total guess. If someone wants to make the cpr, or I could post a test version. A test version would probably have to be tweaked after installed to get the layout just right. You want to test? I can take a stab at the layout if you want to finish the final tweaking of positions.

Edit: If you want to pm me your email, I have a test cpr ready if you want to try it.
Last edited by showaco; 16th August 2008 at 06:19 AM.
17th August 2008, 01:05 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
When I try and run Feather Options, I get and error: There is no application associated with "FeatherOptions"

I installed the CAB to the device memory. I get a generic clock icon and some weather info.

Thanks for any help, and of course for the nice plugin (once I can get it to work) I'm on a Moto Q Global.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread