[UTIL]HTC Debug Tools

Search This thread

matou25

Jun 10, 2007
I found some tools in a part of french rom download in this forum.
You can test diamond nav pad, gsensor, position sensor, light sensor etc
I search in the forum but nobody talk about it.
do you know this tools.

exemple:with testHTCSensorDemoAP.exe
you can view position of the diamond, ambient value , brightness level.

Last edited by a moderator:

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanx ... was fun playing around with :)

Try the 'NavDbgTool.exe' ..... I didn't know that the entire bottom plate was touch!
And that there was Up, Down, Left, Right hardware buttons!

Cool!
Thanx for sharing!

WiZARD7

Oct 25, 2007
Try the 'NavDbgTool.exe' ..... I didn't know that the entire bottom plate was touch!

and it is not only touch sensitiv. it is capacitive (so it senses only your fingers, not the stylus, and you don't need to press, only touch like iphone), and it senses multitouch (you can use 2 fingers... like iphone)

FmsApp is the FM Radio tool, it shows also RDS. I have only one question. if there is a RDS capable FM tuner, why isn't TMC?

timn2087

Jan 24, 2007
Melbourne
and it is not only touch sensitiv. it is capacitive (so it senses only your fingers, not the stylus, and you don't need to press, only touch like iphone), and it senses multitouch (you can use 2 fingers... like iphone)

FmsApp is the FM Radio tool, it shows also RDS. I have only one question. if there is a RDS capable FM tuner, why isn't TMC?

If it does all that, maybe there is a possibility of assigning other functions to the touch-pad. Like what many are doing with the accelerometer....

Dorian8821

Jul 16, 2008
Thanks matou25 for this interesting tools.

I propose to build a list and a description of their actions/uses for each one :

A911Switch.exe ---> ???
Battery.exe ---> Battery infos
BTRouter.exe ---> Turn your device into BT Dongle ( need to be confirmed )
BTTest.exe ---> Test your BT module
ByteCounter ---> Data counter ( but for which interface ??? )
DCompassApp.exe ---> ???
DebugTool.exe ---> General debugging tool
DevHealth.exe ---> ??? ( It does not start on my device )
FmsApp.exe ---> Radio Tool
GPSRouter.exe ---> Turn your device into GPS USB Receiver ( need to be confirmed )
HTCGPSTool.exe ---> Test your internal GPS/ Satelites informations
ipsecvpnpm.exe ---> ??? ( about VPN )
memoRX.exe ---> ???
NavDbgTool.exe ---> Touchpad tool
NetworkTestPPC.exe ---> Network tool with very usefull Ping option
RegisterEditor.exe ---> (Very) Basic Registy Editor
testHTCSensorDemoAP.exe ---> Complete G-Sensor Tool
Unit_AT.exe ---> Something about "AT"
WLAN_eMapi.exe ---> Turn your device into Wifi Dongle ( need to be confirmed )
WLAN_LOG.exe ---> Enable/Disable Wifi Log files
WLAN_MAN.exe ---> WLAN Tool ( does it work? it does not for me )

You can help me to complete ths list if your know more than me :p

Regards.

Ximoon

Jul 9, 2008
Paris
www.yaronet.com
The sensor tool is quite impressive, so much possibilities are open with that ! The fact that the bottom pannel is a multitouch sensor is just wonderful.
For the compass, I'd say those are generic debug tools for all HTC devices... So there might be a compass on the diamond, but I really think it's for another hardware... The Dream perhaps ?

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
Hmm could these tools maybe be used to calibrate the gsensor somehow ?

pol280

Jul 23, 2008
Warsaw
DevHealth.exe

Hi,

I've done some investigation into DevHealth.exe. However it seems that the application isn't running (after the startup I get only "device-thinking" (rolling 4-colour circle) animation), I went to the Task Manager and even after pushing "x" mark during the startup the app uses about 86-87% of the CPU. After some time (3-5min?) it just went off by itself and dissapeared from the Task Manager list?? It left no additional files - maybe it just does some benchmark of the system??

matou25

Jun 10, 2007
for me ambient value is between 0 for dark to 768 for full sun light

Last edited:

matou25

Jun 10, 2007
Hi,

I've done some investigation into DevHealth.exe. However it seems that the application isn't running (after the startup I get only "device-thinking" (rolling 4-colour circle) animation), I went to the Task Manager and even after pushing "x" mark during the startup the app uses about 86-87% of the CPU. After some time (3-5min?) it just went off by itself and dissapeared from the Task Manager list?? It left no additional files - maybe it just does some benchmark of the system??
DevHealth.exe give me a log in internal storage about memory usage during startup, dll load ......

pol280

Jul 23, 2008
Warsaw
WLAN_MAN.exe

This one is WLAN Manager. It works on my device. I post the screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,000