Upgrading for newbie
I have installed a lot of crap on my pharos, removed some of it, but now its slow and drains the battery
So I was thinking; why not upgrade to Poldo's 6.1 rom? Only thing I don't quite know how to... After a lot of reading this is how I think I should do it - please correct me if I'm wrong!
1. Contacts and mail are synced with my computer, but not my sms' - how can I copy mys sms' to my computer?
2. Since my Pharos has Norwegian wm6, I'd like to be able to restore them if I don't like 6.1. The best way to backup my wm6 will be to do a hard reset (to rid of all clutter) and then follow this thread: Dumping a ROM from pharos. Raw to nbh? -> ESN & ITA original ROMs here
3. In order to flash a new rom I must sspl or whatever that may be..? Instructions in this thread: [SSPL & USPL] Flash any ROM to your Pharos
4. My phone should then be ready for upgrading and as far as I can see there are two roms available from Poldo964 and one from tom_codon. Which one of them is best? (by best I would prefer it to be fast and not drain battery fast).
5. How do I flash the new rom? do I need to "format" the phone first, or can I just flash the new rom like installing any other program?
5. Since the roms are WWE English I need a Norwegian keybord layout (containing letters æ,ø and å), and Norwegian dictionary (XT9?). Will this work? (26/06-08) HTC Diamond keyboards Final update
If not; is there a norwegian keyboard and xt9 I could use out there?
As far as I understand it, this is the way to go, but I need confirmation/correction so i don't end up with a paperweight.
Or... Is there someone in here who could cook a Norwegian 6.1 rom?