Remove Diamond Dialer....

OP dimisxxx

16th August 2008, 10:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Espoo Finland
Thanks Meter: 0

265 posts
More
Hello sorry to ask but i was searching in the forums and i didnt found how to remove the diamond dialer so i will have 10 mb more so ............please someone know??? but also how to get it back when i decided.......
16th August 2008, 10:25 AM   |  #2  
Banned
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 6

1,632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimisxxx

Hello sorry to ask but i was searching in the forums and i didnt found how to remove the diamond dialer so i will have 10 mb more so ............please someone know??? but also how to get it back when i decided.......

Schaps AdvancedConfig lets you do it, it's one of the options.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1202399126

Great little program.

Note: I was assuming by "Diamond dialer" you mean the phone skin, if that's not what you're talking about sorry. I didn't realize it gave that much memory, that's the only reason I'm putting this. :P
Last edited by Black93300ZX; 16th August 2008 at 10:28 AM.
16th August 2008, 10:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Espoo Finland

265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black93300ZX

Schaps AdvancedConfig lets you do it, it's one of the options.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1202399126

Great little program.

Note: I was assuming by "Diamond dialer" you mean the phone skin, if that's not what you're talking about sorry. I didn't realize it gave that much memory, that's the only reason I'm putting this. :P

Thank you my friend thanks very much...
16th August 2008, 11:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 379

999 posts
The problem is, you lose a lot of functionality by disabling it. (Video calls, Volume keys, turn phone upside down to mute, save to contacts popup etc. etc.)

I wish someone could find out why it takes so much RAM and compress the images or something to make it smaller.
16th August 2008, 11:24 AM   |  #5  
Banned
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 6

1,632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc

The problem is, you lose a lot of functionality by disabling it. (Video calls, Volume keys, turn phone upside down to mute, save to contacts popup etc. etc.)

I wish someone could find out why it takes so much RAM and compress the images or something to make it smaller.

Eh, video calls aren't functional for me anyways... I have no front camera...

But yeah, I keep it on because I didn't notice a huge performance difference with it off, and it looks so much nicer when it's there.
16th August 2008, 02:32 PM   |  #6  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
It takes memory because of the images. The images are almost all stored in a dll, so compressing them is not easy.
16th August 2008, 03:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 379

999 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y

It takes memory because of the images. The images are almost all stored in a dll, so compressing them is not easy.

Most images in DLL's can be taken out with a resource editor like Resource Hack. Then you can compress the images and put them back in. If I knew which dll we were talking about, I would give it a try.
16th August 2008, 04:44 PM   |  #8  
Prague

5 posts
I think here is another discussion about the same topic:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417208
16th August 2008, 05:24 PM   |  #9  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc

Most images in DLL's can be taken out with a resource editor like Resource Hack. Then you can compress the images and put them back in. If I knew which dll we were talking about, I would give it a try.

But they need to remain as the correct format to work, and they may not work well if compressed...

phcan.dll, and phcanOver.dll (or something like that) contain quite a lot of the images.

The thread linked above is indeed about this particular discussion, but not the same as the OP.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread