Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RELEASE][24.08.2008] FireROM 0.3 / 20273 / UC / GSM - "I r not a chef!"[ONLINE]

Tip us?

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? - OP
Thanks Meter 48694

DONATE TO ME
When I am back home (at gf now) I shall see about clarifying the opening post, as some confusing seems to exist (unfortunately, I was in somewhat of a hurry).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonski View Post
Maybe he can see into the future and saw a vision of HARDSPL very soon
Perhaps I can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y View Post
Oi!

The hard drive I was cooking from broke (I think my brother dropped it... Never gonna let him near my computer again...) and now I carry on getting errors with the rgu files!

I'm going to re-dump the ROM and play around...

Also, have you just got the 20273 SYS, or the XIP as well?
I have had similar and numerous issues with the original dumping as well, but they were eventually resolved, with some help from real chefs and trying multiple base ROMs. This rom contains both the SYS (since 0.2) and XIP (since 0.1) for 20273.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvanx View Post
Not up to speed on post-hermes devices yet but is it wise to be including radios/SPLs with any cooked ROMs??

Opinions people i aint questioning the chef at all.
Well, this ROM contains neither radio nor SPL, and I think it would be unwise to do so, unless there is a good reason to. For example, several of the early 6.1 Kaiser ROMs did contain radio and SPL (IIRC) as they were both needed for the ROMs to function properly - with 6.0 radio's and SPL causing issues which could be hard to solve if flashed improperly or in the wrong order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonski View Post
I think the radio version is only in his signature.

He removed it from first post to avoid confusion (again I'm presuming)

So i downloaded the Rom to extract, but Unfortunately it was a corrupt download so no telling for sure now, just assumptions.

But I assume Chainfire wisely did not include Radio or SPL.

If anyone can confirm this, as Chainfire's off for a few days.

It would be useful information.

Sleepy Time here,

Cheerz
I think the only reason my signature is not in the first post is because I edited the post. I'm afraid I can't say from the top of my head if that is correct behaviour for this forum, but I know this happens on several forums using the same forum software.

I hope the corruption was due to your download, not due to my upload - that would be most unfortunate as I can neither check the download here (slow internets here) nor re-upload (dont have the files with me, obviously). I will check it out when I return home sometime tomorrow or Monday.

Again, this ROM does not include radio nor SPL.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

Noonski
Old
(Last edited by Noonski; 23rd August 2008 at 02:27 PM.)
Moderator Emeritus / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
I'll download it again now that i'm awake. (i was downloading quite heavily at that moment so most probably it was just a corrupted download)

Will report back in thirty.

Did you check the chekbox in advanced editing mode? You can try to disable/save/enable/ to test.
Searching for Anwsers on XDA? Try The FireFox & IE Search Bar Plug In

www.noonski.nl For My Device History, BackLog, Beer Gifting, Off Topic Rants and everything else that won't fit in my Signature.

mrvanx
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 22
Cool cool, just checking dude
Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) - Rooted - ROM: N7105ZHDMA5 - KERNEL: Perseus - RECOVERY: TWRP
HTC Desire Z (Vision) - HT0AFRTxxxxx - Rooted - S-Off - ClockworkMod Recovery - Andromadus Mimicry

l3v5y
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Now, Mr Chainfire, because of your earlier comments, I have a ROM uploading. It's Build 19965 as I haven't downloaded the 20273 ROM yet, and it may not boot (as I can't test it).

I think I shall call it "I r teh chef!". As with this ROM, it's unsigned...

Now, stop being mean! *sob*

Chainfire
Old
Thanks Meter 48694

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y View Post
Now, Mr Chainfire, because of your earlier comments, I have a ROM uploading. It's Build 19965 as I haven't downloaded the 20273 ROM yet, and it may not boot (as I can't test it).

I think I shall call it "I r teh chef!". As with this ROM, it's unsigned...

Now, stop being mean! *sob*
Now now, who has been mean?

As I seem to recall, after your ROM announcement thread, I offered you to test your ROMs if only you'd upload one, and you refused to!

Now it seems we are forced to do battle!

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

Noonski
Old
Moderator Emeritus / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Sorry have Visit.

It was a corrupted Download before, so no worries the download for ChainFire is Cool.
Searching for Anwsers on XDA? Try The FireFox & IE Search Bar Plug In

www.noonski.nl For My Device History, BackLog, Beer Gifting, Off Topic Rants and everything else that won't fit in my Signature.

gmarcoux
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Possible to get this rom on HTC diamond (CDMA)?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get this rom on the HTC diamond (CDMA)?

Doug2873
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcoux View Post
Please read before you ask questions of this sort.... But to answer your question, no.
HTC 3125-->AT&T 8925/Tilt-->BB Bold 9000(yuck)-->Samsung Captivate-->BB Torch (yuck)-->Motorola Atrix-->Galaxy S III GT-I9300

Put this under your sig if you know someone who is fighting, survived, or died of cancer.

l3v5y
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcoux View Post
This is a Raphael, and is GSM. I'd go with "no". Do not flash ROMs not intended for your device, as you will end up with a brick. BTW, do you have a CDMA Diamond? And if so, which network is it for?

Chainfire
Old
Thanks Meter 48694

DONATE TO ME
Updated to 0.3, see first post

(Wiki also updated)

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910