[APP][22/09/2008] Diamond SnowStorm
Here is a "Snow Dome" type of application. Completely useless, but it was fun for programming. Try using it 2 days in a row
Watch this space for enhancements over time.
- Changed the speed
All new version on 22 Sep 2008
This has been a complete rewrite of the SnowStorm application and it was a good learning school !
Despite the complexity
of the algorithm, I think the response times are very acceptable. If you like to count the number of snowflakes: there are 200 of them and each of them is updated every 40 ms !
I am really impressed with the 3D capabilities of the Diamond !
Using the OpenGLES SDK to create a "pseudo" 3D layout.
- Snowflakes will be larger in the front then in the back.
- If the PDA is laying horizontal, snowflakes will "disappear" to the back-end or stay on the front after a while
- Pseudo horizon, fixed at about 50% of the screen.
- Simple graphics, trees are placed randomly, snowman is fixed
- Simple turbulence (any pointers to good algorithms are appreciated)
- Snowflakes disappear behind trees/snowman, depending on their position in space. They will travel through them however
- Simple collision detection, only sides of the "frustum" are checked, as well as the artificial floor.
Click on the top part to be asked to quit the program. Click on the lower (25%) of the screen to restart it.
Expect some other enhancements over time too.
Needs CF 3.5 !
If you like my applications and want to donate, consider a donation to Koushik
After all it is thanks to his (and the many other developers) work and readiness to share it that I can write these programs. I (currently) still get enough satisfaction in writing these programs.