The easiest way is this, and do note themes do not work on any theme with a disattached Manila (for example, TLR ROMs seem to have problems with theming):
- Make a folder on your computers desktop called "Theme", and in it a folder called "My Theme" or the name of your personal theme.
- Connect your Diamond to your computer and copy ALL manila files (files ending in _manila) in the Windows subdirectory of your Diamond to the "Theme" folder on your desktop.
- Download Manila Editor and extract the files to a place where you can easily find it.
- In Manila Editor, press "Select Path" and select the "Theme" directory on your desktop. The program will "parse" the files and you'll see a loading bar in the bottom left.
- The files are now loaded. Browse through the files, and notice they're ordered by category. Also note the "Friendly name" is somewhat of a description as to what each image is. Finally, do note some files do NOT have a description and can be found in the "Unknown" category.
- Select the files you want to modify, and use Export -> Selected -> BMP/JPG/PNG (whichever you prefer). Choose a location to extract the files to.
- Use The Gimp, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or your image editing program of choice to edit the files as desired. Use the old file as indicator for placement and size. Save the files under the same name for practicality, or give them a name that lets you easily figure out what each image is.
- When done, go back to Manila Editor and select the items you modified one by one. Each time, click the item, then click "Replace". Select your new image, and click OK. Repeat this as many times as necessary.
- If all files are correctly changed, click Zip -> Zip All. I've found that Zip All gives the least problems on most ROMs. This will create a .zip file, which you can name and save anywhere you wish.
Installing: (Sushilange has confirmed that later versions of Manila Editor will have a "Create Theme" function).
- Rename the .zip file to .theme and copy it to a subdirectory on your Diamond.
- Download, Install and Run Diamond TF3D Config 0.6.7 or higher. Go to the appearance tab and select the "Path..." button. Select the DIRECTORY in which your .theme file is and click OK. Then, from the dropdown list, select the name of your theme (the name of the zip-file).
- Select "Apply'. Take into account you need AT LEAST 20MB of free space on your device, as indicated by the program.
- Select start, wait until it finishes (don't worry if it says something about deleting files), click Finish and let the program restart your Diamond.
Mobile: HTC Touch Diamond
Using: TLR ROM v3 (by theloanranger)