Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

6828 on WM6.1 cannot connect to activesync

Tip us?

zerosynergie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 6828 on WM6.1 cannot connect to activesync

please help, just yesterday i was able to connect to activesync but now i cant it just stays connecting then it cannot connect but windows detects it as windows CE device here's what ive tried so far:

1. tried the activetoubleshooter :still cannot connect

2. tried a dozen usb cables and connected it through the main usb port: still cannot connect

3. reinstalled activesync (from microsoft site), rebooted pc and my rw6828: still cannot connect

4. disabled windows firewall, rebooted : still cannot connect

5. unchecked the Programs>settings>connections>usb to pc> enable advanced network functionality: still cannot connect ( i noticed that if i unchecked the advanced network functionality and i would got to activesync>menu>connections> "WHEN CRADLED" there's no usb option and if i check the advanced network etc etc it shows the usb option

man this is so annoying, i cannot install anything...hope you guys know what to do, ive been fixing this for the last 7.5 hours non stop with no solution...

zerosynergie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
did a hard reset and it connected...sigh..wonder what caused it? anyway time to install all the apps again...

chartreux
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosynergie View Post
did a hard reset and it connected...sigh..wonder what caused it? anyway time to install all the apps again...
uncheck the USB to PC if any from your system/connection setting

angel888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Goto phone Setting -> Connections -> USB to PC, check whether USB connection is ticked or not...

zerosynergie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
did that already guys but like what i said:

unchecked the Programs>settings>connections>usb to pc> enable advanced network functionality: still cannot connect ( i noticed that if i unchecked the advanced network functionality and i would got to activesync>menu>connections> "WHEN CRADLED" there's no usb option and if i check the advanced network etc etc it shows the usb option

i finally found the culprit its the pocket mechanic app, i ran all the tests there and deleted some stuff, maybe something with the usb connection got deleted also so beware!

helloworld1
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosynergie View Post
please help, just yesterday i was able to connect to activesync but now i cant it just stays connecting then it cannot connect but windows detects it as windows CE device here's what ive tried so far:

1. tried the activetoubleshooter :still cannot connect

2. tried a dozen usb cables and connected it through the main usb port: still cannot connect

3. reinstalled activesync (from microsoft site), rebooted pc and my rw6828: still cannot connect

4. disabled windows firewall, rebooted : still cannot connect

5. unchecked the Programs>settings>connections>usb to pc> enable advanced network functionality: still cannot connect ( i noticed that if i unchecked the advanced network functionality and i would got to activesync>menu>connections> "WHEN CRADLED" there's no usb option and if i check the advanced network etc etc it shows the usb option

man this is so annoying, i cannot install anything...hope you guys know what to do, ive been fixing this for the last 7.5 hours non stop with no solution...
Whose ROM are you using? It is known that some older nhocbanme's 6.1 ROMs have this problem.
You can donate me in the following link. Thanks.
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busine...rency_code=USD

hochengsoon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try different ROM. helloworld1 is good.

underlinden
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default activesync problem

try this:
download and install activesync 4.5 version

archat68
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Disable firewall first and then connect the phone to pc.